BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My thoughts are this started with DD and Noveske...now Colt?

I think you need to go back in the original direction.
View Quote

It wasn't stated in the OP that he wanted to do a clone.  Now that he said he would, in fact, like to do an actual clone, the Colt option is the closest to that goal.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My thoughts are this started with DD and Noveske...now Colt?

I think you need to go back in the original direction.
View Quote

It wasn't stated in the OP that he wanted to do a clone.  Now that he said he would, in fact, like to do an actual clone, the Colt option is the closest to that goal.
View Quote

The more I do research on this the more I am learning…

As I said, a complete Noveske rifle is out…they no longer have those in the catalog and will not make one…of course I could always get the parts separately, but that would take me forever.

Also, after looking at several DD rifles, I don't think I could live with the laser engraving on the upper, although I do like their fit and finish.

As it stand now, I am leaning towards just getting a Colt Socom and sending the upper off to Adco to either have the barrel chopped to 10.3" or install some other barrel that is the correct size.

Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:21:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure SAW cuts the barrels to 10.3".  I'll see if I can find where I read that.
View Quote

They do but IIRC it's going to be even more than the Noveske...SAW does it right and right costs $.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ok…thoughts on this ?

I have the colt socom as shown here.

socom

thoughts on having adco cut the barrel down to 10.3"  ?
View Quote

That is exactly how to do it (for a clone, anyway).
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:49:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I had that choice and went with Noveske.

Why?

It was in stock. 10.5" MOE 1350$....came with two mags, sights, grip, CTR, GF CH....

Would have bought a DD if it was the only one available, though. Noveske was my first preference.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top