Link Posted: 11/16/2018 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Wilson ADP wasn't Tanfoglio.  It's from South Africa.  It was imported as the Heritage Stealth for a few years as well.  It's a complete piece of shit.
Tanfoglio P25.

http://modernfirearms.net/userfiles/_thumbs/Images/handguns/south_africa/1287734317.jpg
Tanfoglio made it under license from either Aserma or Truvelo.  Pretty sure the Wilson's came from Truvelo, not Tanfoglio.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yes, I did. And yes, it's a huge can for .44mag.

While it's not the quietest thing in the world, I'm still amazed at how quiet it is. I really expected a whole lot more noise than that!
View Quote
Yeah, that’s mine. It’s still kind of loud, due to how the gas system works. It’s kind of like suppressing an AK47. The gas going through the suppressor is slowed/cooled to reduce the sound signature. But the gun dumps a lot of (unsuppressed) gas out of the gas port as soon as the gas piston moves.

One of these years I should shoot it next to a more “traditional” suppressed pistol for comparison.

Desert Eagle silencer supersonic vs. subsonic ammo
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Korth is just a roller-delayed blowback, just like the HK P9S.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What about Korth?
Korth is just a roller-delayed blowback, just like the HK P9S.
What was the thread about again?

"Other than a Remington 51 and r51, what other pistols chambered in a subsonic round have some sort of delayed blowback?"
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 12:00:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
These are CRAP!  Absolute crap.  Really, you're not going to get much if any improvement from a delayed blowback.  
View Quote
I've never seen anything online about model 51 being "crap".

I've found multiple accounts of R51 being quieter than average when silenced.  
Additionally, many roller delayed guns are famous for being so quiet.  MP5 is the most obvious example.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 12:42:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've never seen anything online about model 51 being "crap".

I've found multiple accounts of R51 being quieter than average when silenced.  
Additionally, many roller delayed guns are famous for being so quiet.  MP5 is the most obvious example.
View Quote
I misread what you were saying. Thought you were talking about the new ones.  I own both: two copies of the R51 and a half a dozen or so complete model 51's in both calibers.  I meant to say that the recent R51 was crap.  The originals are decent guns, but somewhat fragile bolts limit their shootability 100 years later.  The reason I say I have half a dozen COMPLETE model 51's is that I have three guns with broken bolts and various parts and kits in various states of repair.  I love the originals.  Sorry for the confusion.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I misread what you were saying. Thought you were talking about the new ones.  I own both: two copies of the R51 and a half a dozen or so complete model 51's in both calibers.  I meant to say that the recent R51 was crap.  The originals are decent guns, but somewhat fragile bolts limit their shootability 100 years later.  The reason I say I have half a dozen COMPLETE model 51's is that I have three guns with broken bolts and various parts and kits in various states of repair.  I love the originals.  Sorry for the confusion.
View Quote
Kind of sounds like there might be a market for properly H/HT reproduction bolts for the Remington 51... interesting.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top