Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:30:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Update:

Okay, after putting on the MOE K2+ grip it helped relieve the strain on my wrist. In addition, I was wrong about the buttstock hitting the actual plate.  The stock is coming into contact the corner of the carrier that where there is no plate. With the straighter angle of the new grip I’m able to pull in the rifle tighter and able to get into a normal stance (squared up, fighter stance, arms down, no issues in ISO stance with pistol) and have my normal check weld. The plate is now right at the notch.

The plate does not take up all of the space in the carrier. There is some space to the left and right of the plate. The plate is all the way up to the top.

I measure 17.0” from the notch to belly button and 9.5” from middle of nip to nip. 43.5” around chest and 41” around the belly.

ETA: Iphone 6+ sucks, pics are being uploaded sideways.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well that's what I didn't want to hear regarding side plates 2 days after I ordered some.  Haha.  Well I guess at the same time my armor isn't meant for Afghanistan type scenarios
View Quote
I'm thinking I'll probably order some just to have in case I'm stuck defending a hardpoint (sorry, best word I can think of), or God forbid have to enter a structure looking for a loved one. Talking super black swan shit here but whatever
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’m not sure I agree. How do you get your strap so your buttstock doesn’t touch it?

OP, I usually only make my stock one adjustment shorter to make up for the minor thickness of the strap.
View Quote
I only use carriers with ultra thin straps, no buckles or thick padding where the stock sits where strap connects to plate bag. The JPC is an example of Hypalon used there or some carriers use a layer of 1000d nylon webbing. Padding on the top only of shoulderstrap and not on front where stock sits. This creates no additional thickness.  Also, I use a shorter toe stock like a BCM Gunfighter or LWRC ultra compact, etc. so I dont get toe to plate interference like you get with long toe stocks like the Magpul SL, A2, etc.

Now, if you use soft armor or a vest armor system that has soft armor under plates, you will have to move in 1 click on the stock and shouldering of long gun will be slightly hampered... but never put the stock on top of the plate.

Also, if you are using NODS with passive optics, leaning forward wont work as you wil look up with eyes and head down on stock and NODS crash into stock... or if using white light/day optic, and mono over weak eye, your head turn/tilt will run mono on weak eye into optic. You are forced to use high mounts and not turn head to side or down.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top