BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:21:16 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just thought I would give everyone an update. Today is November 29th! 22days after I was told a "new replacement unit would be sent out ASAP" by Aaron at Combat Night Solutions. . After many unanswered emails and Facebook messaging "the only way to contact". I finally receive a message on 11/21 " Sorry! I don't get notifications on this page and I'll over night you a new one." EIGHT days Later and nothing! If i could take t back I wouldn't waste my time or money. I have almost $250 stuck in a paper weight that doesn't work and I never even got to use.
View Quote

I have a broken cable too, I've emailed (only last week) but no response to email as of yet.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
JamesWalkMD and Elucidate,
I PM'd you his cell. Great guy, doing the best he can, and, at times, swamped(because A, he develops innovative products, B, he'll do one offs and custom projects for people, C, he's currently a one man shop who is still suffering from sand box injuries( Purple Heart ) and keeps getting bent over by the VA in terms of treatment.)
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
OP I hope all has turned out okay. Aaron (the owner). has been pretty straight up with me! I know he's a wounded vet, and has the usual delay issues with the VA. I'm pretty sure he'll make it right with you in the final end.

Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone know this Aaron character personally? Perhaps he's your neighbor? I only ask because I, along with a few other guys in our club were interested in purchasing the FPRS. Only issue is, Aaron seems to be unresponsive on his Facebook account and his voicemail box is full at the phone number that is attached to his company. 1 of our club members just purchased his FPRS and is having issues with it right out of the box. With the very minimalistic instructions, it has become a frustrating piece of equipment.
Someone is taking and shipping out orders, but not answering vital technical questions.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does anyone know this Aaron character personally? Perhaps he's your neighbor? I only ask because I, along with a few other guys in our club were interested in purchasing the FPRS. Only issue is, Aaron seems to be unresponsive on his Facebook account and his voicemail box is full at the phone number that is attached to his company. 1 of our club members just purchased his FPRS and is having issues with it right out of the box. With the very minimalistic instructions, it has become a frustrating piece of equipment.
Someone is taking and shipping out orders, but not answering vital technical questions.
View Quote

I don't know him personally, but in my experience he can be hard to get a hold of. The best way to contact him is via Facebook and sometimes that it hard. I can assure you that he will take care of your issues, but it just might take some time. I know he is a combat veteran and I believe he is constantly having surgeries and seeing doctors for combat related injuries.

What issues are you having with the FPRS? Maybe some people here can help troubleshoot.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I personally am not having the issue(have not bought one yet) but my club member friend is having issues with the "code vibration"
He is getting a series of vibrations which are not on the list of instructions.
He can not get it to record any video.
Along with a few other small glitches that I am not familiar with.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Bought a thermal scope a few yrs back from Arron at NCS no problems with shipping or contacting him.

I think there is a file you can set a yes or a no to display a time date overlay.

Create a TXT-formatted file named "time" and place the file in the "DCIM" folder.
TXT file contents: 2016.12.28 14:58:00 y 22
2016.12.28 14:58:00 represents the time you want to set, y 22 shows the screen display time (N 22 is not displayed)

I have a unit I am working on to do what he has already setup a unit to do. I didn't know about his unit but wanted a unit to record video TTL for my IR hunter MKIII and found this unit.  I was planning on making a ring similar to hold the camera with a groove cut into it to attach the eyecup. Kinda like an extended eyepiece attachment. Using a piece of heat melt strapping material to reinforce the ribbon cable might be needed for those with heavy hands, or a strong fiber tape backing.

1080p micro camera

1080p camera with WIFI
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#8]
@jwramp uses one, between his experience and the ones here I'm going to be a buyer soon.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@jwramp uses one, between his experience and the ones here I'm going to be a buyer soon.
View Quote

Yep, here's a couple clips I've recorded with mine:

Night Combat Colutions - FPRS - Oct 2016 Test

RMR through NVGs w/ + w/o Illumination
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 2:30:30 AM EDT
[#10]
How are you guys getting green recordings? Every time I light up a laser I get color distortion. Here are my videos. 

Zombie Shooters Association 2-Gun Night Match with PVS14
'

Zombie Shooters Association 2-gun match 1-27-2017
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 5:06:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Since it is finally available, and the code on the front page still works, I ordered one. in a month or so you guys can see me POV vomiting under NVs haha.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Has anyone with the low quality cable gotten a replacement from Aaron?

I'm also sat on a paperweight right now with no contact from him despite several messages sent.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Has anyone with the low quality cable gotten a replacement from Aaron?

I'm also sat on a paperweight right now with no contact from him despite several messages sent.
View Quote

He is sending me the new model. I got a tracking number on Friday, but it looks like it is still pending pick up. I got a hold of him via Facebook message. I know he has been spending a lot of time at the VA...
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:47:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How are you guys getting green recordings? Every time I light up a laser I get color distortion. Here are my videos. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbEQLWF26Qs'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVbvO4YvH1E
View Quote

The camera system has a glitch that I have learned to ignore: If your image brightness exceeds some certain level then the recorded image turns gray and stays that way for the duration of recording. Once you reset, it turns back to green. If you exceed again then it will turn gray again. I don't think there is a fix for this. I just exceed the luminance threshold at the beginning of the recording and all of my recording is B/W. I'm not addicted to green so it hasn't bothered me too much but I do understand your frustration.

If I stay at low gain and I don't have any bright lights in the image my recording stays green. I have not recorded laser use, yet, so I have not seen your exact problem. I suspect the camera is reacting to the point light source in the same way as it responds to an overall over-bright image.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:00:27 AM EDT
[#15]
I snagged one on a clearance sale he was having on a Facebook page for $110 shipped. The Gen 3 model will have a thicker cable protective covering. 

He did let me know he was having a spinal tap on Monday and it wouldn't be until Tuesday he could ship.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I too got one for $110.

He said that the parts will arrive on Wednesday, and that he'll build it and get it shipped this week, and it should arrive the week of the 20th.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't know him personally, nor do I have a dog in this, I can only speak as someone who has serious medical issues. When the dr/hospital jerks you around and you don't get the treatment you need everything else in your life stops. Depending on how bad you are. You simply cannot do even the most basic of functions.

Don't get me wrong, I can see a customers point if they said that sucks but he chooses to sell stuff.

I'm just trying to give a little insight into the life of someone who has real issues and how hard it can be.  So I don't think the guy sounds like he is trying to rip anyone off. Just trying to juggle a lot.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I snagged one on a clearance sale he was having on a Facebook page for $110 shipped. The Gen 3 model will have a thicker cable protective covering. 

He did let me know he was having a spinal tap on Momay and it wouldn't be until Tuesday he could ship.
View Quote

damn, good deal
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't know him personally, nor do I have a dog in this, I can only speak as someone who has serious medical issues. When the dr/hospital jerks you around and you don't get the treatment you need everything else in your life stops. Depending on how bad you are. You simply cannot do even the most basic of functions.

Don't get me wrong, I can see a customers point if they said that sucks but he chooses to sell stuff.

I'm just trying to give a little insight into the life of someone who has real issues and how hard it can be.  So I don't think the guy sounds like he is trying to rip anyone off. Just trying to juggle a lot.
View Quote

Yeah, he's a disabled vet, so add the VA hassle into it.

It's a really cool product for the people who don't already own a gopro, and wouldn't otherwise buy one just for recording NV. And it's light.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 7:04:56 AM EDT
[#20]
The FPRS I ordered last month will be here tomorrow/today, Wednesday, don't know if its going to be the old model with the weak cord, old model with the upgraded cord or the new model. Pics and vids to come tonight.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#21]
My new generation FPRS showed up today. Took a couple minutes to test it out & it is much better than the original. The image does not change to black and white when in a high light situation. Also the image is not stretched at all. Overall it seems to work a lot smoother and have better video.

Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:22:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My new generation FPRS showed up today. Took a couple minutes to test it out & it is much better than the original. The image does not change to black and white when in a high light situation. Also the image is not stretched at all. Overall it seems to work a lot smoother and have better video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHmR2yaQDH0
View Quote

Looks good!
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHmR2yaQDH0
View Quote

Very nice. My only complaint is the autogate whine.

I'm really excited to play with mine, whenever it shows up.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Very nice. My only complaint is the autogate whine.

I'm really excited to play with mine, whenever it shows up.
View Quote

I didn't even notice that until you said something lol.

One thing I forgot to mention is that the operation of this unit it much better than the first gen. It is much more simple.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:05:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I didn't even notice that until you said something lol.

One thing I forgot to mention is that the operation of this unit it much better than the first gen. It is much more simple.
View Quote

I just got an omni 7 tube, and the whine was pretty apparent at first, coming from a gen2+ tube, but it's not so bad anymore. I think the mic is just so close to the tube that it's catching it pretty good.

You can probably do an FFT filter through whatever video software you have to pull it out.

Beautiful video though. I'm really excited.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Here's more video.

Quick walk to the range with FPRS on a PVS-14
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#27]
How are these things handling lower light? Took mine out last night, no moon, gain maxed out. I could see everything through the NVG just fine, but when I reviewed the video it was a black mess. The few times I did turn on an IR light, you could see okay for a bit. 

Headed down towards the border in a few days, and would like to get some scope time filmed if its something on my end! 
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Does yalls record upside down?
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Does yalls record upside down?
View Quote

The first gen 1 I have records normal, but the newest one I have records upside down. I just flip the video on my computer and save it. Kind of annoying, but not a big deal.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#30]
I need to find a program that will allow me to flip it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Flip the camera to the top.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I spoke to the maker about this, he said that because most people have the camera at 12-oclock, it works best that way, but there's no way to reprogram it.

I let youtube flip it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#33]
I can't put my on top, the new one has a short tape so it only sticks on one way and on top the DVR hits my sentinels
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 9:32:35 AM EDT
[#34]
I can flip it on my -14, barely, but it just fits.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Yeah, I can't put the DVR on top on mine either.

It'd hit my helmet.

Link Posted: 3/5/2017 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It'd hit my helmet.

http://i.imgur.com/y7Mbqmt.jpg
View Quote
All y'all need to learn how to adjust your NVGs.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It'd hit my helmet.

Yeah how is that -14 not burying itself into your eye socket?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#38]
It doesn't bury itself in there.

It doesn't even touch my eye socket. Unless I run into a door due to lack of depth perception.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Can anyone get in touch with the owner (Aaron I think)?

I ordered one from the website on April 14th, and, as of today, Monday May 1st, I have not received the unit nor have I received a shipping notice.

Website is weak.

I emailed the only email I have ([email protected]) and no response.

Any help would be appreciated.

James in Denver
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Can anyone get in touch with the owner (Aaron I think)?

I ordered one from the website on April 14th, and, as of today, Monday May 1st, I have not received the unit nor have I received a shipping notice.

Website is weak.

I emailed the only email I have ([email protected]) and no response.

Any help would be appreciated.

James in Denver
View Quote
I PM'd you. Hope that helps. He's hard to get in contact with at times.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It'd hit my helmet.

View Quote
Can you talk to me about that Howard Leight mount?  Everything I've found online says it can't be done well and I need MSA Sordins.  Have 3 sets of HLs and would love to keep using them (and *not* under the damn helmet).
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Yep, talked about that mount before.

I just pulled the little plastic things from the headband and put them on the $12 amazon ARC rail adapter. I then put some heat-shrink tubing with the hot-melt glue on them to get a little bit more resistance.

They work fine. They're now on my backup helmet.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I PM'd you. Hope that helps. He's hard to get in contact with at times.
View Quote
I just left a voicemail as of 5/5 @ 12:45pm MTN. I hope he gets back to me as soon as he can. I don't mind waiting, but I also don't want my order to be forgotten since my CCard has already been charged.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Still no contact, no order/delivery. CCard charged 4/14.

Again, I'm not in a hurry, but I'd like to hear a heartbeat of some sort. Maybe have to call my credit card co tomorrow.

Disappointing, as they look cool!

James in Denver
Quoted:
I just left a voicemail as of 5/5 @ 12:45pm MTN. I hope he gets back to me as soon as he can. I don't mind waiting, but I also don't want my order to be forgotten since my CCard has already been charged.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Unfortunately he is terrible with communication and getting stuff shipped out on time. I think he spent a lot of time at the VA recently, but I know he has been active on Facebook the last few days. If you have Facebook, that is the best way to reach him.

Quoted:

Again, I'm not in a hurry, but I'd like to hear a heartbeat of some sort. Maybe have to call my credit card co tomorrow.

James in Denver
View All Quotes
Quoted:

James in Denver
Quoted:
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#46]
I am in the same boat as James. ordered and get an email saying "We are getting your order ready to ship".  I love buying from veteran owned company's because of 2 reasons: one is that being a being a combat wounded veteran myself, I like to keep the community going and support others like myself. The second reason is that (for the most part) veterans owned businesses are on their game a lot more than the average joe or corporate company is with shipping and communication.  As james has said, I am not in a huge hurry to get this. Would I like it sooner than later? Hell yes I would! Of the handful of traits that all people should bring out of the military, one should at least be communication. All we are looking for is acknowledgement that the order has been placed. a simple email like: I got your order, were running 2 weeks behind, ill let you know when it ships.  The excuse of being in the hospital and the VA is not a reason that a simple email can not be sent out. It is exactly that... an excuse. Excuses are what people use when they are in the wrong and trying to cover up their mistake. We are not looking for a million excuses we just want a reason.... simple as that.  I'd get it if this was a couple weeks or a month thing, but this is a trend going back 7 months! we just want to see where the status is, that is all.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Do these mount in place of the ocular lens?

I really want one of these but some of the recent posts about unfulfilled orders have me concerned.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Do these mount in place of the ocular lens?

I really want one of these but some of the recent posts about unfulfilled orders have me concerned.
View Quote
They slide over the ocular lens.

They are the best option for filming with nods in my opinion. If you want one just be prepared that it could take a while to receive. Aaron is a good dude and will get it to you eventually. It seems that he is great at developing and producing innovative products, but not that great at running the business.

I have never seen him screw anyone over. He acknowledges that he can be terrible at communicating and getting stuff out in a reasonable time, but he usually throws in some extras to make up for the wait.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#49]
i know he's on facebook somewhat regularly.  i would contact him there.

he just released a 22 suppressor QD mount.  so he's busy doing lots of things........
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:16:43 AM EDT
[#50]
I ruined mine over the weekend. 

I had it on, and the cable running from the 14, under the bungees on the helmet to the back where I Velcro'd the battery to the counter weight. It was working perfectly. Then, as I was taking the helmet off, I lost my grip and had a "oh shit!" moment where I was dropping the whole setup. In my panic, I was only able to grab the wire, pulling it out of the battery housing. 

Its dead, but it saved the rig, a noble death. 
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top