Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Even though I'm a total mosin whore, and hate to see them cut, welded, or otherwise made different....

I would gladly catch herpes from that thing!  
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm game for it... Just need to scrounge the camera

Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55J3drYA3O0

Went and played with this today....

For the love of God...

PLEASE...

Buy, beg, borrow, or steal a Casio EX-F1 camera from somebody, and record the Cockweasle being fired at 1200 frames per second.

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Even though I'm a total mosin whore, and hate to see them cut, welded, or otherwise made different....

I would gladly catch herpes from that thing!  

I agree but in my case the gun was already butchered and a hex so I had to buy it
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2012 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I just bought an ex-f1

So video will be posting shortly afterwards
Link Posted: 9/16/2012 11:48:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just bought an ex-f1

So video will be posting shortly afterwards

Link Posted: 10/21/2012 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Got the highspeed camera to the range.....

here is the rough footage with no audio
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvvNuUIzCkk

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 11:23:09 PM EDT
[#9]
This is the
Armory » Curios & Relics
and that definitely is a curiosity.
amazing i really want one. To bad it didn't have the bayonet attachment still......
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvvNuUIzCkk

Needs audio
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
One is left to wonder, and ask the question... Why?

I would counter by saying "This is America.... Land of 'Because I felt like it'"

This is my answer!
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Torch cut to Batfe specs makes it a non gun. Since it no longer exists, you weld it back together and it has never been built as a rifle.

At least that's what I think he is going for. Not too sure of the legality

Wet dream.

The pictured firearm is illegal and violates the Gun Control Act of 68 and probably NFA34.

The forum moderator should not condone such posts by allowing it to stay.

Dutch

No it's perfectly legal.  Once it's cut to BATFE specs, it is now legally hunks of metal.  Hunks of metal can be legally fashioned into a "new" gun legally that can be constructed as a pistol.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It could go into GFD, but I decided to leave it here.  

I think it would qualify as a curio.
Link Posted: 11/1/2012 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is the
Armory » Curios & Relics
and that definitely is a curiosity.
amazing i really want one. To bad it didn't have the bayonet attachment still......

hmmmmm... bay lug might be do-able... maybe cut down an M44 assembly? could be fun...

I have a thing I'm machining to go on the front of it that should make the fireball an order of magnitude bigger so my concern would be that adding a bayonet would prevent the new blast enhancement device from being added.
Link Posted: 11/2/2012 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Torch cut to Batfe specs makes it a non gun. Since it no longer exists, you weld it back together and it has never been built as a rifle.

At least that's what I think he is going for. Not too sure of the legality

Wet dream.

The pictured firearm is illegal and violates the Gun Control Act of 68 and probably NFA34.

The forum moderator should not condone such posts by allowing it to stay.

Dutch

Wrong.
That reciever stopped existing as a firearm the minute it was demilled.
Same as any other demill. It's scrap in the eyes of the ATF. From there it is perfectly legal to build a pistol from the 'scrap'

That is not exactly true. The ATF has said that in the past but they have also gone after rewelded receivers as well. MK specialties comes to mind .

PSLs  that  came  in  w/ a  "third  hole " rewelded  were  also  gone  after .
Link Posted: 11/3/2012 9:05:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey OP, have you considered buying Mosin receivers, cutting as per BATFE spec, rewelding as you've done here, and selling these virgin receivers for those who are equally maniacal but lesser skilled?

Link Posted: 11/4/2012 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hey OP, have you considered buying Mosin receivers, cutting as per BATFE spec, rewelding as you've done here, and selling these virgin receivers for those who are equally maniacal but lesser skilled?

Be easier and possibly cost less to make one by filing a Form 1 and making it a SBR.  Only $200 and you use a rifle you already have.  Member of another board made the tacticalmosin that way.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Be easier and possibly cost less to make one by filing a Form 1 and making it a SBR.  Only $200 and you use a rifle you already have.  Member of another board made the tacticalmosin that way.

Not an option in CA unfortunately

I finally got my laptop charging cable and could do a little tweaking to the footage from the gun safari.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 10:28:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Starting work on the brass gripframe for the c96 grips.... should have the wax sculpted by the middle of next week.
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Nevermind, someone already mentioned the Lee Enfield resemblance.

Star Wars weapons were modeled after WW2 weapons, such as the Storm Trooper's MG42/MG34 look-alike and Han Solo's German Broom Handle.
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Nevermind, someone already mentioned the Lee Enfield resemblance.  

Star Wars weapons were modeled after WW2 weapons, such as the Storm Trooper's MG42/MG34 look-alike and Han Solo's German Broom Handle.

That reminds me..... need to do the Enfield
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top