Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 12:03:49 AM EDT
[#1]
For everyone saying that this is a solution looking for a problem, I must point out that Saigas and Veprs had no problem getting sold.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 12:16:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For everyone saying that this is a solution looking for a problem, I must point out that Saigas and Veprs had no problem getting sold.
View Quote
They are also purpose built gas operated semi-autos vs. adding a box mag to a classic pump shotgun.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 1:08:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They are also purpose built gas operated semi-autos vs. adding a box mag to a classic pump shotgun.
View Quote
And until those gas operated semi-autos are allowed back into the country, I'm sure people will be filling the void with this.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 7:48:11 AM EDT
[#4]
No thanks.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#5]
They seem to be available from several sellers so I guess they are allowed back.

Quoted:

And until those gas operated semi-autos are allowed back into the country, I'm sure people will be filling the void with this.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 9:15:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Or for me thanks......seems clunky
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They seem to be available from several sellers so I guess they are allowed back.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Saigas & Veprs autoloaders interest me. What vendors have them?
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Frankly, it's a solution to a problem real life, tactical users had. This will potentially revolutionize the police shotgun for specialized use. As an entry gun it would offer vastly superior ballistics to a 556 carbine and barrel length won't restrict capacity like a tube fed gun. In combat situations (adrenaline dump) it will be much easier to reload using gross motor skills, unlike the tube fed gun that takes much training to be competent with. Carrying spare ammo will be easier in loaded mags on web gear. Different ammo ( slugs, Buck shot, bean bags, etc) could be loaded into color coded or tactile marked mags. This would be a big improvement over the way it was done in the past.
View Quote
I would take a hard look at it if it was a semiauto. But the 11-87 is not reliable with a short barrel. I don't know if the Versamax is or not but thats a possibility. But....if this was on a recoil operated Browning design like the 11-48. I'd be all in on this just because.
I'd be in on a new made 11-48 in the same vein as the classic line of Smith revolvers or Winchester new made "pre '64" controlled feed extractor model 70. Just because it's old doesn't mean it's done being useful. That said I can't get too excited over this...
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Not something I’m interested in by any means but I like seeing them try new things. It’s better than sitting in what you already have.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#10]
The problem I see is that this design still uses the basic shotgun shell, which was not designed to feed from a box magazine.  Keeping any box mag shotgun ready for action for very long (hammer down on an empty chamber) winds up crushing the front of the shotshell, causing it to be oval shaped, and therefore not going into the perfectly round chamber.  But as Jeff Cooper said, companies make things to sell, not to further the craft.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:  The problem I see is that this design still uses the basic shotgun shell, which was not designed to feed from a box magazine.  Keeping any box mag shotgun ready for action for very long (hammer down on an empty chamber) winds up crushing the front of the shotshell, causing it to be oval shaped, and therefore not going into the perfectly round chamber.  But as Jeff Cooper said, companies make things to sell, not to further the craft.
View Quote
Perhaps that's why the Remington design can't do that.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top