Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]
It would seem to me, that the "safest" thing to use (and what OSS shows) is a gun specific solvent. Which one would work best, I have no idea. Hoppes Benchrest? Butches Bore Shine? Slip 2000 Carbon Cutter?

I like the idea of weighing your brand new can - very, very much, thank you. This would also tell you if your chosen method is working. I worry about internal damage due to the chemical used - especially non-gun marketed chemicals.

Thanks for the thread! (Rugged Razor in jail).
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The one thing that has always bugged me about centerfire rifle cans; they are all sealed.  At least the ones I've been interested in anyway.

At least all pistol cans worth owning are user serviceable these days.  None of the methods of cleaning a sealed can mentioned in this thread seem appealing to me.
View Quote
It's a lot easier to build a serviceable can at pistol pressures. I am sure you could build a serviceable rifle can as quiet as a sealed one but it would be a lot heavier so nobody would want it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top