Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 79
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Would anyone with CAD skills be willing to make a PEQ LEAF style front sight that is designed for the Perst 3 and could be 3D printed or something. It would be nice to have but I seriously doubt Railscales would bother to make one for such a niche product so some homebrew is in order.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 4:15:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would anyone with CAD skills be willing to make a PEQ LEAF style front sight that is designed for the Perst 3 and could be 3D printed or something. It would be nice to have but I seriously doubt Railscales would bother to make one for such a niche product so some homebrew is in order.

Just a thought.
View Quote
Give me a Perst-3 and I'll 3D print you a front sight for free.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#3]
yup, saw it. thanks.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone who ordered a Perst-3 or similar from Ivan Tactical, how long did it take to receive your package stateside?

Starting to get a little nervous...
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Anyone who ordered a Perst-3 or similar from Ivan Tactical, how long did it take to receive your package stateside?

View Quote
about 3 weeks.  1 week in Russia, 1 week somewhere between Russia and USA, 1 from NY to NV
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 9:54:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone order direct from ZenitCo? How long did it take ?

I talked to them they seemed legit 100% feedback. They even told me if I get anything defective they would fix it and lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone reading this that had issues with there ZenitCo systems? Please post if you read this I’m sure we would all love to know. I have a holosun I ran hard with very big caliber stuff and it keeps going. I’m hoping for even better with this. I’ve had LDI/Steiner stuff not work and fail . This LAM game is a mess. I love hearing feedback from direct end users I don’t care if you just shooting hogs late at night. Please post any and ALL feedback on these units.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:I selected DHL express when I bought my Perst 2 and it really was 4 days door to door

$60 for express shipping vs $30 for regular, that was a no brainer on an $1800 laser
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 10:25:07 PM EDT
[#9]
edit misread please delete
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 2:06:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Just a thought.
View Quote
Use Fusion 360, its actually very easy to make 3d objects once you get the initial controls down.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 2:19:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:I selected DHL express when I bought my Perst 2 and it really was 4 days door to door

$60 for express shipping vs $30 for regular, that was a no brainer on an $1800 laser
I remember reading your previous post, so I also selected the faster shipping. But your location suggested Oman (OMW.)

I'm way past 4 days.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 2:24:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
about 3 weeks.  1 week in Russia, 1 week somewhere between Russia and USA, 1 from NY to NV
View Quote
I ordered 10 days ago, but there has been no movement via the tracking number history in the last 5 days. It says it was released from Russia, but then nothing. Contacted Ivan Tac via email and through their website to see if they thought there was a problem, but no response in the last 2 days yet.

Thanks for the response!
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I ordered 10 days ago, but there has been no movement via the tracking number history in the last 5 days. It says it was released from Russia, but then nothing. Contacted Ivan Tac via email and through their website to see if they thought there was a problem, but no response in the last 2 days yet.

Thanks for the response!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the response!
I ordered a Perst-3 on the 24th.  Mine is somewhere between Russia and the USA as well.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Ordered a 4 from Ivan on the 16th. Shipped the 17th. "Released from Russian" on the 22nd.

Not worried. Figure it might take 6-8 weeks. If I don't have it by mid August I might be concerned.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I ordered a Perst-3 on the 24th.  Mine is somewhere between Russia and the USA as well.
View Quote
Google Russian post tracking, the website will have more information and tracking info than regular USPS/UPS counterpart
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#16]
How you guys zeroing the illuminator in the perst 3?
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 2:25:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Use Fusion 360, its actually very easy to make 3d objects once you get the initial controls down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks for the suggestion, I don't know anything about CAD or 3D printing so was hoping someone with experience would be willing to take it on but I'd be happy to give it a shot myself.

Quoted:
How you guys zeroing the illuminator in the perst 3?
There are small screws that go into the plate on the front of the unit where the illuminator sticks out. Ivan Tactical offers partial manual translations on this page https://ivantactical.com/posts/operating-manuals-for-zenitco-lasers-and-lights/
If you refer to part #12 (Illuminator adjustment) on the Perst-3 that is what I am referring to. I am unclear on the function of part #20 (Main illuminator adjustment), maybe those with Perst-3s can chime in. @BPT1775 (don't know how to tag people on ARFCOM or if it's even possible, I just browse mainly)
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 3:45:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Black Phase Tactical has the FDE/Desert Perst-3+ green

Never heard of them before but I'm very tempted
View Quote
I've ordered from them plenty. good owner and fast shipping
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 10:19:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Illuminator Adjustment

To add: At the very bottom of the Parts/Instruction page, it says you should ONLY (emphasis theirs) use screws 12, I wouldn't touch 20.

Link Posted: 7/1/2019 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't have a Perst-3 but I do have there 2IKS and looking at the pic looks like the same PITA adjustment method that took me several hrs to figure out and zero. What I found on mine.

They had the laser mounted to a steel plate with another steel plate right behind it. In the front plate they had two little tiny allens 2mm and a hole right next to each one of them. In the bottom of that hole there is another little tiny allen 3mm. I can't recall what was what.... but one size locks it in place (like jam screws) and the other size does the adjustment. A little is a lot.... think 1/4 turn moves it feet at 25 yrds. And then once you have it adjusted you lock down the jam screws and oh joy find that moves the zero a couple of feet..... so it's a real PITA to zero... but once it's set it seems to be rock solid and who knows.... maybe there is a way to use all 4 screws together to get it zeroed... I don't know. Just the process I went though. Hope it helps. But again this was on there 2IKS and not a Perst-3 but they are both made by the same Russians.... and looks like they used the same method in the pic.... Standing by to hear if there's a quick easy way to zero these buggers....
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Russia good

Class 3 bad
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Russia good

Class 3 bad
View Quote
That's a whole lot of information there Sally.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 12:07:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russia good

Class 3 bad
Full power vs. neutered power

-Sally Jesse Raphael
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 4:21:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

-Sally Jesse Raphael
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russia good

Class 3 bad

-Sally Jesse Raphael
Dang.

I’d rather an Oprah style gift approach for us all.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/2/2019 9:16:08 AM EDT
[#25]
What's the latest scoop on how wide you can adjust the flood of the illuminator?
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 10:00:21 AM EDT
[#26]
REMOVED
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#27]
REMOVED
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#28]
I've been MIA from this thread for months, due to moving and leaving the collection with my folks. Glad to see it is still going strong, hopefully it doesn't get too well known if you know what I mean. Unfortunately I only got to shoot my PERST3 once after moving and I am not sure when I'll get another opportunity.

The only thing I can offer is that I think mine took 5 weeks for delivery from Ivan Tactical. I want to say it spent 3 weeks at JFK clearing customs. The guys at Ivan Tac are great!
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the response!
I ordered the Perst-4 green+ from Ivan on 21 June and got it yesterday 1 July.. 10 days. Not bad.

From the time it says "released from Russia", it took 2 days to see any more movement.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Damn... ordered June 19, says released from Russia on the 24th. No tracking movement since.

I guess it's kinda a crap shoot.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't have a Perst-3 but I do have there 2IKS and looking at the pic looks like the same PITA adjustment method that took me several hrs to figure out and zero. What I found on mine.

They had the laser mounted to a steel plate with another steel plate right behind it. In the front plate they had two little tiny allens 2mm and a hole right next to each one of them. In the bottom of that hole there is another little tiny allen 3mm. I can't recall what was what.... but one size locks it in place (like jam screws) and the other size does the adjustment. A little is a lot.... think 1/4 turn moves it feet at 25 yrds. And then once you have it adjusted you lock down the jam screws and oh joy find that moves the zero a couple of feet..... so it's a real PITA to zero... but once it's set it seems to be rock solid and who knows.... maybe there is a way to use all 4 screws together to get it zeroed... I don't know. Just the process I went though. Hope it helps. But again this was on there 2IKS and not a Perst-3 but they are both made by the same Russians.... and looks like they used the same method in the pic.... Standing by to hear if there's a quick easy way to zero these buggers....
View Quote
This is exactly what I had to go through on my perst-3...

Link Posted: 7/3/2019 1:34:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Anybody wanna tell me how I’m supposed to get 18” worth of shit on a 9” rail?

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

I’m thinking of putting the light at 3 o clock on the rail with a remote pressure switch at 9 o clock, then using no switch at all on the Perst-3 and just using my thumb on the back switch?
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Anybody wanna tell me how I'm supposed to get 18" worth of shit on a 9" rail?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/90704/294FE0B1-57FC-4984-A006-134149A5264E_jpeg-1002228.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/90704/36D2F256-FE3B-4B1B-A8AE-838DD37129D7_jpeg-1002229.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/90704/F7B06C8F-7449-4479-9F8C-75AB60345BB9_jpeg-1002230.JPG

I'm thinking of putting the light at 3 o clock on the rail with a remote pressure switch at 9 o clock, then using no switch at all on the Perst-3 and just using my thumb on the back switch?
View Quote
Unity Tactical Fusion might save some space
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Small issue — the switch rail mounting screws rust VERY quickly. The image was taken today. I haven’t had the rifle out in the rain, but it is plenty humid here in AL.

Link Posted: 7/3/2019 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anybody wanna tell me how I'm supposed to get 18" worth of shit on a 9" rail?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/90704/294FE0B1-57FC-4984-A006-134149A5264E_jpeg-1002228.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/90704/36D2F256-FE3B-4B1B-A8AE-838DD37129D7_jpeg-1002229.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/90704/F7B06C8F-7449-4479-9F8C-75AB60345BB9_jpeg-1002230.JPG

I'm thinking of putting the light at 3 o clock on the rail with a remote pressure switch at 9 o clock, then using no switch at all on the Perst-3 and just using my thumb on the back switch?
View Quote
I'm using the Arisaka side scout mount picatinny for the light on the 3, more like 2:45.... Light pressure switch at 12 right behind the Perst. Trying to keep the light off the 3 o'clock as much as possible.

I try to run laser devices as far back to optic as possible, but in this case I run it all the way forward against the backwards front flip up.

I don't run the switch with the Perst either on my mk18. Using the fire button on top. The switch, although a very nice piece of kit, just don't fit.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
lmaooooo

I’m thinking of putting the light at 3 o clock on the rail with a remote pressure switch at 9 o clock, then using no switch at all on the Perst-3 and just using my thumb on the back switch?
Honestly this is probably the set up you would want to use. When you have such a smol set up you really don't need to use remote switches on everything. The buttons are on board the LAM's for a reason.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Small issue  the switch rail mounting screws rust VERY quickly. The image was taken today. I haven't had the rifle out in the rain, but it is plenty humid here in AL.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/376630/34951CD1-2553-40F1-9E24-D70C3700A2D8-1002489.jpg
View Quote
I'm not surprised really, my ZenitCo B10 and B33 rail screws also rust a bit

I know we can be picky about the little details but I doubt it's an indicator of ZenitCo quality. As you know, they wouuld probably say 'Nyet, screw is fine'
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 12:53:35 AM EDT
[#38]
I own a cqbl with unity tac adapter married to a surefire m600 ir light.

How does the perst 3 compare for anyone that has owned the cqbl?
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Perst-3 built in illuminator blows civi legal DBALs, hands down. Plus having the ability to turn on IR laser and IR Illuminator at the same time with one button is nice. The only down side is the illuminator isnt able to be opened up more.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I own a cqbl with unity tac adapter married to a surefire m600 ir light.

How does the perst 3 compare for anyone that has owned the cqbl?
View Quote
I had a cqbl.  I own a perst 4 and just got a perst 3 in today.  Huge difference on the laser, but I haven't played with the IR light yet.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Perst-3 built in illuminator blows civi legal DBALs, hands down. Plus having the ability to turn on IR laser and IR Illuminator at the same time with one button is nice. The only down side is the illuminator isnt able to be opened up more.
View Quote
REMOVED
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 4:54:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

put the lens cover on. how big of a circle are you guys wanting? I literally have or have played with most all the common lasers out there. atpial-c , peq15 35/45 , , , , and mawl-c. the perst 3 illum circle is every bit as big. as the others. im curious now if its a lack of having hands on with the other units?
View Quote
Surprised there isn't a measuring standard, lol. Max/Min diameter at 50ft or something. Mark the side of your house with tape every foot or something
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I'm going to change out the tape switch for the ST07 with LCS. But this is how it'll be for the most part.

I also "subdued" some of the white lettering with Aluminum Black.

Range time next week for some testing.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Surprised there isn't a measuring standard, lol. Max/Min diameter at 50ft or something. Mark the side of your house with tape every foot or something
View Quote
Us lasers almost all list a min and max divergence in degrees or mils. There's no such info on the perst?
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Wish I had one to compare to my Luna ELIR-3. Need to figure out how to get someone to send me one to do some through the scope video for comparison.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wish I had one to compare to my Luna ELIR-3. Need to figure out how to get someone to send me one to do some through the scope video for comparison.
View Quote
I don't have my Perst-3 yet, but one thing I'm certain of, the Perst should be much much more robust. I've gone through 3 Luna units. They just don't take much if any abuse.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 1:40:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I don't have my Perst-3 yet, but one thing I'm certain of, the Perst should be much much more robust. I've gone through 3 Luna units. They just don't take much if any abuse.
View Quote
Yeah I'm not as much worried about abuse as I am performance at longer ranges. Out of curiosity, what killed the 3 Lunas?
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Hunting out of vehicles/ATVs. It seems as though any impact to the side of the head causes it to become loose or snap off. In truth I've killed 2, the third one is still kinda working, but needs bicycle tubing around the head to hold it together. I don't use it on my guns anymore. I use it on my Spotter60 when a PVS is attached. I have DBALS that have taken a lot more abuse and are still fine. Except for damn battery drain...

Willing to live with the extra weight of the Perst units if it gives me more robustness.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 2:34:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hunting out of vehicles/ATVs. It seems as though any impact to the side of the head causes it to become loose or snap off. In truth I've killed 2, the third one is still kinda working, but needs bicycle tubing around the head to hold it together. I don't use it on my guns anymore. I use it on my Spotter60 when a PVS is attached. I have DBALS that have taken a lot more abuse and are still fine. Except for damn battery drain...

Willing to live with the extra weight of the Perst units if it gives me more robustness.
View Quote
Gotcha. I use mine for coyote hunting, but haven't had any issues yet. Fingers crossed. I wish I could swing one of these things. Maybe one day, but I'd really like to see a comparo of it through a scope. Seems like everyone wants to do video through a stupid 14. That doesn't do a lot of good for something like a Perst-3 using it for long range illumination. Lol
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 4:00:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Gotcha. I use mine for coyote hunting, but haven't had any issues yet. Fingers crossed. I wish I could swing one of these things. Maybe one day, but I'd really like to see a comparo of it through a scope. Seems like everyone wants to do video through a stupid 14. That doesn't do a lot of good for something like a Perst-3 using it for long range illumination. Lol
View Quote
100% this!! The advantages of laser illuminators show up with magnified optics at long range. With just a pvs14 it's like any other illuminator.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top