Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 12:04:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump for East German added under Germany on page 1.
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Did anybody get their FFV Rhodie Camo yet? The website description shows it as a PreOrder but I got a shipping notification today.
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did anybody get their FFV Rhodie Camo yet? The website description shows it as a PreOrder but I got a shipping notification today.
View Quote
Yeah. Pic posted on 2.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 2:46:43 AM EDT
[#4]
FWIW Fireforce Ventures posted a pic of a US soldier using one of their Brushstroke set on a combat theatre (Afghanistan?), posed near a vehicle of a convoy. Clearly shot for advertising purpose, but funny nonetheless.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I got my partial FFV Rhodie order, just the camo T-shirt, so I assume both the Rhodesian Army cut trousers and shirt are still just pre-order items.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 12:44:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got my partial FFV Rhodie order, just the camo T-shirt, so I assume both the Rhodesian Army cut trousers and shirt are still just pre-order items.
View Quote
Yes, pre-order is extended through June 9.

I was looking at the pants but I found they still had the BDU-cut trousers in my new smaller size (so weird), so I got that instead last week.  Just right for me.  So I thought I had avoided the pre-order this time.

I also got the helmet cover, looks good but the seams produce some long straight lines in the pattern.  The trousers were better for this, the pieces were almost selected to fit together smoothly.  I know, probably just luck.

I also tried the boonie, it is junk.  Much too floppy.  Maybe that is original but I much prefer the modern style.

Then tonight I happened to go back to the site and joined the pre-order for the field shirt.  I have a decent BDU top but it's still big on the sleeves, so I think the field shirt might be right where I need it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Anybody know how the sizing runs on the FFV  "Original Cut" brushstroke?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 10:49:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anybody know how the sizing runs on the FFV  "Original Cut" brushstroke?
View Quote
No clue other than their website, thus the discount on the pre-orders.

Previous combat cut sets:
Rhodesian combat shirt and pants by Fire Force Ventures
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 2:16:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Found a source for the following and have an order pending,  it appears to be surplus, or new manufacture to same specs:

Africa Nigeria Army Woodland Camo Camouflage Shirt Pants BDU Set
Africa Nigeria Army Desert Camo Camouflage Shirt Pants BDU Set
Spain Spanish Army Desert Digital Camo Uniform Shirt Pants  Iraq Army
Australia Army Woodland AUSCAM DPCU Camo Shirt Pants set - 2006 style
Afghanistan Northern Alliance Style Lizard Pattern Camo BDU
Singapore Army Starlight Forces Woodland Camo Shirt Pants set
China PLA Type 07 Digital Universal Camo Shirt Pants set
China PLA Vietnam Double Side Reversible Leaf Camo Shirt Pants set
Japan Ground Self-Defense Force JGSDF ARMY SPECKLED Woodland Camo Pants

The seller is "Royal Tiger" out of HK.  I went through my emails and I have an order from "Royal Tiger" from 2009, which there were no issues with, but I'm not sure if this is the same company.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

ETA they had some other patterns that were unusual (Taiwan for example) but I was only willing to gamble on an order up to a certain point. If it turns out to be legit, I might order more.  
View Quote
This stuff got delivered today.  Will post pics later. It all looks new/unissued.

Some initial random observations

On the Nigerian Desert camo, has an SAS land rover "pink panther" looking hue in part of the pattern that doesn't really come through in the pic.

PLA reversible camo, VN/Leaf.  Possible NOS maybe.  Very lightweight, I don't know how well it would hold up if worn in the field for actual infantry stuff.  If it's legit PLA milspec from 1979, there's definitely a significant qualitative difference between current PLA uniforms and what they were wearing before their economy started booming in the 80's. Red stencil inked chinese size markings IRRC, compared to sewn in tags in the more recent stuff.

The Chinese 07 is PLA marked. Not saying they're authentic, but they do have PLA markings.

One of the sets, I think it's the Australian one, has an unintentionally humorous English-is-not-my-native-language-typo on the collar tag. I'll post a pick of that.

The Singapore camo has a Singapore Armed Forces tag. I'm assuming it has to be counterfeit.

Northern Alliance lizard camo did not ship. They were out of stock.  I prepaid the entire order including shipping per their terms. They were diligent in letting me know this before shipment by email, and gave me the chance to cancel the entire order and get a refund. I asked them to ship what they have. They did, and refunded me the cost of the item and the difference in shipping weight within an hour or so of receiving my email.   My experience with them in this regard left me with the impression that they are a reputable seller. (confirming input from someone else who noted this on a prior page).
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 8:11:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Nigeria Woodland

Nigeria Desert. the "bright" spots in the pattern are pinkish in color.

Link Posted: 6/4/2019 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Spanish Desert (used by Iraq)

Link Posted: 6/4/2019 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Singapore

Link Posted: 6/4/2019 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

One of the sets, I think it's the Australian one, has an unintentionally humorous English-is-not-my-native-language-typo on the collar tag. I'll post a pick of that.
View Quote
Apparently, I bought Marge's uniform.

Link Posted: 6/4/2019 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The Chinese 07 is PLA marked. Not saying they're authentic, but they do have PLA markings.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Japan Ground Self-Defense Force JGSDF ARMY SPECKLED Woodland Camo Pants
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I have the same "MARGE REGULAR" tag on VNMC tiger stripe replica made by them as well. as i said they were replicas.

Singapore uniform is real, i don't know about the china ones, may be good or not.

check this famous french collector website page then try to check if your china ones are good or not
http://vonstuckcamouflage.free.fr/copy-or-fake.php.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Germany....

Including, WWII patterns, BW, NVA
View Quote
WWII Sumpftarn pattern, BDU cut trousers, moleskin fabric

Link Posted: 6/14/2019 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have the same "MARGE REGULAR" tag on VNMC tiger stripe replica made by them as well. as i said they were replicas.

Singapore uniform is real, i don't know about the china ones, may be good or not.

check this famous french collector website page then try to check if your china ones are good or not
http://vonstuckcamouflage.free.fr/copy-or-fake.php.
View Quote
cool. thanks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Have you gotten anything from Colombia or Mexico?
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
You mean sellers or patterns?  Either way, no.

There are some Cuban patterns used in Angola I'm interested in though.

eta not my pic

Link Posted: 6/14/2019 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
That’s a fascinating pattern.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That's a fascinating pattern.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Apparently A-Tacs thought so.  Looks to me like they used it as inspiration for most of their patterns.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

eta not my pic

https://enemymilitaria.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Photo-Dec-07-10-55-42-AM-955x1200.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

eta not my pic

https://enemymilitaria.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Photo-Dec-07-10-55-42-AM-955x1200.jpg
Patterns mostly.

Colombia
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Apparently A-Tacs thought so.  Looks to me like they used it as inspiration for most of their patterns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stupid entry from the CSB archives: I’m a vocal critic of deer hunters that think they need camouflage. After a particularly obnoxious drunken rant, several of my friends decided a little come-uppance was in order. That year every male I know gave me camouflage for Christmas.  Among them was a bunch of ATACs stuff in various patterns. As stupid as it sounds, I’m now somewhat fascinated on “patterns no normal person has seen”.

I wear my ATACs boonie hat fishing fairly often.

This thread reminds me that my collection is weak.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Germany....

View Quote
German experimental 1998 Troop Test ("truppenversuch") pattern.  Not adopted.   German military unissued surplus.

Looks like woodland.  However, in person (doesn't come through in the pic) the green is a bright green, looks like the WWII splinter pattern green or the green from the Dutch Jungle pattern.

Also, what looks to tan in the pic actually looks different in person.  It reminds me of a light brown mustard color.

The cut reminds me of 70's-80's moleskin (OD) bundeswher trousers. The fabric is a cotton twill, more robust feeling than temperate US BDU's. (i.e., "winter BDUs")

Link Posted: 6/26/2019 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Germany....

View Quote
Bundeswher OD Green Moleskin. New made, original spec, original contractor,

Link Posted: 6/26/2019 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
France...
View Quote
Unissued surplus, CCE pattern ripstop.

Link Posted: 6/26/2019 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
United Kingdom...
View Quote
Unissued surplus, desert DPM

Link Posted: 6/26/2019 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#29]
That British desert pattern looks useable. Too bad the Rhodie stuff will always be just out of reach. Wanna get rid if that boonie hat you didnt like?
I know, it's still part of the collection. Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#30]
0241Tactical has a bunch of interesting projects going on if you like niche patterns.  He has special orders available on smocks in:
Night Desert

WWII German Splinter

WWII US Paratrooper material

and
drum roll

USMC T-Block Urban!!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That British desert pattern looks useable. Too bad the Rhodie stuff will always be just out of reach. Wanna get rid if that boonie hat you didnt like?
I know, it's still part of the collection. Thanks for sharing!
View Quote
They'd work in AZ. Very light twill. Not ripstop though. Still, seem well made.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
0241Tactical has a bunch of interesting projects going on if you like niche patterns.  He has special orders available on smocks in:
Night Desert

WWII German Splinter

WWII US Paratrooper material

and
drum roll

USMC T-Block Urban!!!
View Quote
T block. I might just have to. I put that up with Colonial Marine camo from Aliens for a must get a good example.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Commercial East German rain pattern. US BDU cut
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#34]
I just bought a british DPM  smock. Not rare, not all that interesting, I just had to have it.

it's a weakness...
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I just bought a british DPM  smock. Not rare, not all that interesting, I just had to have it.

it's a weakness...
View Quote
Pics or it didn't happen.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's a weakness...
Make the mail guy go faster...

ETA : I have a shipping notice
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Glad I found this thread, I thought I was about the only one to lust after milsurp camo. I'm going to try and take some pictures of some of my acquisitions, going back to the 80's - just need to get some decent pics. I also have a couple of sets that I acquired a while ago, and have no clue what I have - some were random pickups, and I've forgotten (or never knew) the origin. So any help ID'ing would be appreciated.
Lots of interesting stuff on here, primuspilum already cost me $ a couple of years ago posting pictures of some Russian stuff.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
T block. I might just have to. I put that up with Colonial Marine camo from Aliens for a must get a good example.
View Quote
I was primed and ready to order, but it is just for a lark, and I'm already waiting on one custom order from 241 (smock with Covert Transitional pattern, with pit zips provided by me instead of his usual vents).  I still need a basic Multicam top from him too.  I hope after doing these pit zips for me, he might make that a standard option.  I'd prefer to pay him $10 extra or whatever, rather than try to retrofit later.

Edit: If you watch his IG, he has some other things in the works too.  Like night desert pattern but in brown or grey tones.  Hopefully he gets good with the custom patterns and eventually does some Rhodie
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Kommandostore has new versions of their Gorka suit with upgraded features and in Multicam(ish) and Russian camo.  I am tempted on the Multicam, but height sizing is only up to 6'-0"???
https://kommandostore.com/products/gorka-m-modernized-gorka-suit
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Some sets I got years ago, either trading or flea market finds

JDSF 1984

Original tiger stripe

Link Posted: 6/29/2019 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Complete Czech mlok

Korean assortment

Old Egyptian reversible
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 7:08:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Cool. Thanks for posting.

The Egyptian looks like a similar pattern to that the Yemeni's are using.  It just looks like Yemen made a mistake with the sand color dye on the fabric.

Link Posted: 6/30/2019 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Any ideas on identifying this set would be appreciated. What's embarrassing is I don't even remember where I got it from.

Close up of label
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 7:30:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Any ideas on identifying this set would be appreciated. What's embarrassing is I don't even remember where I got it from.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/97562/Unkwown_1_JPG-999764.jpg

Close up of label
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/97562/Unk_1_label_JPG-999768.jpg
View Quote
Looks like a late Saddam's Iraq pattern. Supposedly used after the '03 invasion by ICDC and then ING, which later became the current Iraqi Army.

I was there in '04 and I don't ever remember seeing it.

https://camopedia.org/index.php?title=Iraq

Another locally-produced design appearing very late in Saddam Hussein's regime was this copy of US woodland pattern, printed using very inferior screens (with some mistakes to the original drawings). The fabric was a very cheap, synthetic cloth and the quality of the uniforms reflected the poor condition of the Iraqi Armed Forces at this point. These uniforms were distributed primarily to units with "elite" status, such as the Republican Guards, Special Forces, and the like
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks for the ID. Resurrecting this thread got me motivated to photograph most all of my collection, starting back in the early 80's. So I was coming across various sets that at the time, "of course I'll remember this", and since forgot. Now that they're all recorded I can keep better track of what I've got.

These are the two sets I got from the ebay Russia seller, your direct influence from another thread.

Link Posted: 7/1/2019 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Thanks for the ID. Resurrecting this thread got me motivated to photograph most all of my collection, starting back in the early 80's. So I was coming across various sets that at the time, "of course I'll remember this", and since forgot. Now that they're all recorded I can keep better track of what I've got.

These are the two sets I got from the ebay Russia seller, your direct influence from another thread.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/97562/Russian_Partizan-1000624.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/97562/Russian_Partizan_M-1000625.jpg
View Quote
I have a set of the partisan-m. It’s awesome.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:51:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Bundeswher OD Green Moleskin. New made, original spec, original contractor,

https://oi802.photobucket.com/albums/yy309/toecutter_01/1a1%20recent%20bdu/IMG_3116_zpswevv2rg5.jpg
View Quote
Where can I find these?
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Where can I find these?
View Quote
They run very small.

https://www.hessenantique.com/Bundeswehr_Moleskin_Trousers_p/3112071.htm
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/97562/Russian_Partizan-1000624.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/97562/Russian_Partizan_M-1000625.jpg
View Quote
It's surprising how well made some of the recently manufactured Russian stuff is.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for the link, I hope they run small, I'm going to order 32 but in jeans I would be closer to 30
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top