User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 11:50:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think he's an AF 0-2, missileer
That's clearly a personal rig and a games gun. Both being multipurposed into SHTF gear. He's not kicking in doors. I get where you're coming from but cut him some slack. That said, I wouldn't advocate it for others
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
From the plate carrier picture thread. I have it on my PC because I don't use a belt. All my cold weather gear would make it a hassle to put a belt on, so having it on a PC makes donning stuff much easier.

Keep in mind this is when I first got right out of the box. I had to tinker with the positioning and do a small mod after some actual (for fun) use.

Got my Crye Precision Gun Clip. Easy to draw/reholster, muzzle doesn't point at anybody, doesn't interfere with rifle handling.
http://i.imgur.com/03prOt6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iwZkAwy.jpg

http://youtu.be/0kOvCOix7fc

No offense but this is just absolutely impracticable as heck. If it works for you then whatever but after 20 years in the infantry, reconnaissance and special operations is never suggest this. In fact is have to flat out refuse to let anyone in my squad or platoon have their sidearm like this even if it would be allowed on a jump. Again, no offense but you're not in a combat arms mos are you? I'd rethink this.

I think he's an AF 0-2, missileer
That's clearly a personal rig and a games gun. Both being multipurposed into SHTF gear. He's not kicking in doors. I get where you're coming from but cut him some slack. That said, I wouldn't advocate it for others

I wasn't trying to be offensive like I've seen others do in here. This part of the forum is partly to help those who have questions and a lot of people just read instead of asking. I tried to point out that the way he has his set up with that crye thing really isn't the best idea and would be in the way and a problem for those that just read and don't ask. In the end, over and above everything if you like something and it works for you, then by all means do it. I say this after saying I wouldn't let "my guys" do it. So outside of that, when it's personal gear that isn't affecting me, I truely believe that if it works for you, then do it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top