Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The 550 is  long stroke, the principle is the same. BUT THE WHOLE EXECUTION IS DIFFERENT!

They didn't modify an AK, if they did, it wouldn't have an upper/lower. It wouldn't have a detacheable gas rod.

Many many differencies which are not even minor...
And people just see a bolt + carrier and think it's Kalashnikows design

I have been saying this on here for 4 years.  You won't get anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If anything Id say the SIG is more like a Daewoo IMHO.

You have never seen a Daewoo bolt have you?
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#4]
x
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok, I illustrated it:

i151.photobucket.com/albums/s142/PeaceDev/calc1.jpg

i151.photobucket.com/albums/s142/PeaceDev/calc2.jpg

You are brain-dead.

well, gee thanks!
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 10:14:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok, I illustrated it:

i151.photobucket.com/albums/s142/PeaceDev/calc1.jpg

i151.photobucket.com/albums/s142/PeaceDev/calc2.jpg

You are brain-dead.

well, gee thanks!

Your welcome! LOL
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 2:05:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#8]
AK's and Sigs are long stroke weapons. Tappet type pistons are short stroke ie Fal, SCAR, M-14, etc. Its not that hard to figure out. The worlds most reliable MG's are long stroke designs.

Also, the SIG is absolutely an "Westernized" version of the AK. Your pictures prove it. No AK, no SIG.  It also proves you can turn a negative into a positive.

T
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree that it is a completely different animal.  So it uses a somewhat AK style bolt, except not since the lugs are machined totally different, with different extractor, firing pin design, etc...  It has receiver halves like an AR (must be an AR-15 all dolled up then).  Totally different safety, fire control, bolt carrier, gas piston design, recoil spring design, a gas regulator assembly, different trunnion design, sights, furniture, mags, well you get the point.

Hey, wait a second...  Does this have a full length tube for the piston???  Isn't that like a FAL???  AHHAA!  Thats what it is!  A Swiss FAL!  Who'da thunk it?

Seriously, how many weapons use a Stoner style multi-lug bolt?  Are they all refined M16's or refined AR18's?  I think not.  What if someone designed an AR-15 with an AK style bolt?  Or vice versa?  Would it be an AR-15 derivative or an AK derivative?  Would heads explode from the  sheer magnitude of its incomprehensible nature?!

Wow this is pointless, but fun!

Link Posted: 6/30/2008 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's the key question: where did the design come from?  It's bloody obvious that the SIG bolt group was heavily influenced by the Kalashnikov.  It's just as obvious that any number of latter-day 5.56 platforms with multi-lugged bolts have derived their design from Stoner's work.  It may not be the same gun, and it may be radically different, but the lineage is there and cannot be denied.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 11:49:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
PeaceDevil,

The best thing you can do is come down to the European HTF. We will happily hide the truth about your SIGs there. Of course, you may have to prove you're "really" Swiss by sleeping with your SIG:

img524.imageshack.us/img524/3632/img2021sk8.jpg

Look a distraction!

i151.photobucket.com/albums/s142/PeaceDev/Family4.jpg

I sleep on my guns, not with 'em
And I think I posted that picture already once in euro HTF, but I seldom venture there.

There's something about the Swiss, bedrooms and guns.

Highly suspect, if you ask me.
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 1:51:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I own one jackass... Operationally they are very similar I never said anything about the bolt.
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 5:39:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I own one jackass... Operationally they are very similar I never said anything about the bolt.

So if that is the case then what similarity does it have to a Sig 55X? Prove you claim.
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 6:33:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
AK's and Sigs are long stroke weapons. Tappet type pistons are short stroke ie Fal, SCAR, M-14, etc. Its not that hard to figure out. The worlds most reliable MG's are long stroke designs.

Also, the SIG is absolutely an "Westernized" version of the AK. Your pictures prove it. No AK, no SIG.  It also proves you can turn a negative into a positive.

T

Not according to Wiki.  AK diverts the gas very quickly.  So, it's a short stroke.  Nothing to do how long the pistons are.
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#15]
dang those bolt faces look alike.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top