Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Kevin,

Thanks for the info.  With regards to universal mounting, half the benefit is the ability to switch between DT and QD.  I'd love to buy a resonator if I could switch between QD and DT.  On a bolt gun or similar I'd run DT to save weight and length since I wouldn't normally run a muzzle device.  But if I switch to my AR I don't want DT so I don't have to re-time my brake every time I go suppressed.

All that to say that as a consumer I'd be willing to accept a "use non YHM parts at your own risk" policy for the added modularity even within the YHM ecosystem.  It makes total sense that you can't warranty a baffle strike because someone else didn't make an adapter or brake with concentric threads.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#2]
So maybe I missed it but how well do K cans do on 300 blackout subs? I understand 5.56 essentially just takes the edge off, but do sub 300s sound pretty good?
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So maybe I missed it but how well do K cans do on 300 blackout subs? I understand 5.56 essentially just takes the edge off, but do sub 300s sound pretty good?
View Quote
Well obviously the Turbo K won't be doing anything in .30 cal

I like my Sandman K with .300blk subs.  I call it adequate for that purpose.  No meter on hand, just what I've heard with my own ears compared to some other cans I've had opportunity to try and while its been a bit louder still completely comfortable without ears.  Sounds really great on the bolt gun.  Obviously larger volume cans will sound better on the semi auto platforms.

Energetic is also just releasing a K version of their highly popular Vox.  I'd love to see how the wipe option in that K sized can stacks up against something like my Sandman K.

As I already stated earlier in the thread I'm planning on parking the Turbo K or Vox K depending on which one I wind up with on a 16 inch barrel.  I think the shorter cans make more sense on the longer barrels.  Shorter barrels benefit more from the longer cans.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well obviously the Turbo K won't be doing anything in .30 cal

I like my Sandman K with .300blk subs.  I call it adequate for that purpose.  No meter on hand, just what I've heard with my own ears compared to some other cans I've had opportunity to try and while its been a bit louder still completely comfortable without ears.  Sounds really great on the bolt gun.  Obviously larger volume cans will sound better on the semi auto platforms.

Energetic is also just releasing a K version of their highly popular Vox.  I'd love to see how the wipe option in that K sized can stacks up against something like my Sandman K.

As I already stated earlier in the thread I'm planning on parking the Turbo K or Vox K depending on which one I wind up with on a 16 inch barrel.  I think the shorter cans make more sense on the longer barrels.  Shorter barrels benefit more from the longer cans.  YMMV.
View Quote
Duh. Brain fart haha. Guess that kills my idea of one on a 300 blackout pistol
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 10:24:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Duh. Brain fart haha. Guess that kills my idea of one on a 300 blackout pistol
View Quote
Well @YHM_Kevin isn't ruling out the possibility of a Resonator K or some other future can they've yet to conjure up down the road.  Keep your eyes peeled.  Currently Sandman K, Vox K, Omega 9k, Dead Air Wolf in it's short configuration would be where to look for now if you wanted to be able to shoot subs and supers in a K sized option.  If subs only then some modular pistol cans can be added into that mix.

Given the pricing strategy YHM is employing currently with their Turbo, Resonator and this new upcoming K it seems logical the same would apply to a future Omega mount compatible .30 cal K option they might come out with later. Assuming that does happen it will be another one to definitely consider.  You got plenty of time to build yourself a .300blk pistol and be ready for it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 11:01:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I would be all over a resonator K that accepted plan B!
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:59:57 AM EDT
[#7]

FYI YHM posted this recently on their Instagram page.  Of course this comparison is with the included QD mount.  Direct thread or other companies inserts will vary.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#8]
YHM is just killing it as of late.  Really well done.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 10:33:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm on Hansohns list. Patiently waiting for them to tell me they've arrived. I'll be going DT with mine on the 11.5
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Might have missed it, but does the YHM QD mount, while adding length, gain you any reduction in db's as well?
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Sooooo I just need to email Hansohns ab being a member and wanting in the waitlist? This would be my first can
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sooooo I just need to email Hansohns ab being a member and wanting in the waitlist? This would be my first can
View Quote
Make an account first and then yes to the rest.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 11:02:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
R.I.P. your bank account. It's all downhill from here.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep. He's done. At least he has chosen well!
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah... I'm ready for NFAids
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 11:27:27 AM EDT
[#18]
@laxman09

FYI, if you have no experience hearing a couple different silencers (.22LR, 9mm, .45acp, .300blk etc...) a compact 5.56mm silencer is probably not a great purchase.

I’m not saying the Turbo K is bad, but NO 5.56mm or 7.62mm silencers are “quiet” with full power loads from an AR... not even full size cans. None. Some top-tier full size centerfire rifle cans are pleasant on ARs standard full power ammo, but still not quiet. So if you don’t have realistic expectations about what a compact 5.56mm silencer will do, you’re setting yourself up for disappointment. You’re still going to want earpro at the range with most any 5.56mm silencer on anything but long bolt guns.

That being said, they’re a pretty cool niche if you have the need (SBR for HD/SHTF). They let you shoot SBRs without the ear-bleeding noise levels or tooth-loosening concussion side effects that SBRs bring to the table... but it also lets you keep the light/small footprint of your SBR unlike a normal 6.5-8” silencer. Win-win.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
@laxman09

FYI, if you have no experience hearing a couple different silencers (.22LR, 9mm, .45acp, .300blk etc...) a compact 5.56mm silencer is probably not a great purchase.

I’m not saying the Turbo K is bad, but NO 5.56mm or 7.62mm silencers are “quiet” with full power loads from an AR... not even full size cans. None. Some top-tier full size centerfire rifle cans are pleasant on ARs standard full power ammo, but still not quiet. So if you don’t have realistic expectations about what a compact 5.56mm silencer will do, you’re setting yourself up for disappointment. You’re still going to want earpro at the range with most any 5.56mm silencer on anything but long bolt guns.

That being said, they’re a pretty cool niche if you have the need (SBR for HD/SHTF). They let you shoot SBRs without the ear-bleeding noise levels or tooth-loosening concussion side effects that SBRs bring to the table... but it also lets you keep the light/small footprint of your SBR unlike a normal 6.5-8” silencer. Win-win.
View Quote
@Pneumagger

Thanks for the info.  I know that any 556 can will not be hearing safe and I wouldnt ever shoot w/o ear pro unless it was a HD situation.  I thought about picking up the Resonator instead, but I have nothing at the moment in the 30 cal range that I could use it on.  I may just pick up the Turbo instead of the K.

Oh, and Ive never heard a single silencer in person.  I dont know any shooter that has one, so Im really going into this dark and taking recommendations here as to what would be the best for a first time can on something that Id actually use.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#20]
@YHM_Kevin

On the site, there is a CAD cross section of the K body.
Does the QD adapter engage only the threads and taper step on the mount? I doesn't look like there is any support structure to engage the tip of the QD mount as with other YHM cans.

I'm asking because I have an application where I'd be tempted to chop a QD mount to minimum length as long as it doesn't affect bore alignment.

Link Posted: 2/25/2019 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
@YHM_Kevin

Does the QD adapter engage only the threads and taper step on the mount? I doesn't look like there is any support structure to engage the tip of the QD mount as with other YHM cans.

I'm asking because I have an application where I'd be tempted to chop a QD mount to minimum length as long as it doesn't affect bore alignment.

https://yhm.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1140x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/y/h/yhm-2140-28_turbo_k_.jpg

https://yhm.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1140x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/y/h/yhm-2140-comp_1.jpg
View Quote
But why?
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a standard Turbo in jail. Once they do a Resonator K, that will be on the trust too
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
But why?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@YHM_Kevin

https://yhm.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1140x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/y/h/yhm-2140-28_turbo_k_.jpg

https://yhm.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1140x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/y/h/yhm-2140-comp_1.jpg
But why?
Cause some of us would like shorter muzzle devices for our SBRs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cause some of us would like shorter muzzle devices for our SBRs.
View Quote

I tried it with a Form1 can on my .45, it was plenty stable, but the DM YHM adapter had WAY too much runout in it and there was no way to square it up.  Bought it third party, and they had quit making them.  It was solid enough, but I threw it in the garbage and went direct thread.
Now YHM is making their own mount adapters, but it doesn't look like they'll be accommodating standard Form1 tube threads....
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 11:39:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Cut short (and ruin) a perfectly fine flash suppressor for length purposes. You maybe made the rifle an inch shorter. OK, I guess I can see that logic.

Now you plan to install a 5” silencer OVER the mutilated tip of the rifle. LOL, wut? Why? It’s not hurting anything in there... in fact, if you use the YHM brake mount (instead of the hider) you provide more baffle protection to the silencer.

Between the off the shelf options available (YHM direct thread adapter, YHM phantom mount, YHM Brake Mount, or slew of various B-Mount adapters on the market) there’s no logical reason to chop down the included mount...

Your gun your rules though.

Probably don’t even have a light or sling on that rifle anyways
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 11:45:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Cut short (and ruin) a perfectly fine flash suppressor for length purposes. You maybe made the rifle an inch shorter. OK, I guess I can see that logic.

Now you plan to install a 5” silencer OVER the mutilated tip of the rifle. LOL, wut? Why? It’s not hurting anything in there... in fact, if you use the YHM brake mount (instead of the hider) you provide more baffle protection to the silencer.

Between the off the shelf options available (YHM direct thread adapter, YHM phantom mount, YHM Brake Mount, or slew of various B-Mount adapters on the market) there’s no logical reason to chop down the included mount...

Your gun your rules though.

Probably don’t even have a light or sling on that rifle anyways
View Quote
Stop making assumptions as to why I might want to do things...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Sweet rifle... But still why cut a mount short and then maybe worry about concentricity issues? Just use a better/shorter mount. No reason you have to stick with YHM mount & adapter.

You could use a Q Cherry Bomb with the Q Plan B adapter (which should fit the Turbo K, no?).  That’s pretty much what Q does on the Honey badger silencer that sits way down inside the handguard. Taper lock threads have been awesome on my rifle with fantastic lockup and great concentricity and don’t have any ratchets or levers to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sweet rifle... But still why cut a mount short and then maybe worry about concentricity issues? Just use a better/shorter mount. No reason you have to stick with YHM mount & adapter.

You could use a Q Cherry Bomb with the Q Plan B adapter (which should fit the Turbo K, no?).  That’s pretty much what Q does on the Honey badger silencer that sits way down inside the handguard. Taper lock threads have been awesome on my rifle with fantastic lockup and great concentricity and don’t have any ratchets or levers to deal with.
View Quote
I want to be able to fire it without the can, with the muzzle about flush with the front of the rifle, so that slinging a hot gun won't melt things or remove skin.
Recessing any kind of brake is going to be a no-go unless I can adapt a blast shroud to keep from beating up the front of the gun internals. (see 3rd picture above, planned to make it shorter if I can run a shorter mount).

The Cherry Bomb is ~$75
The Plan B is ~$125
Plus another Plan B or taper mount to fab up a blast shroud

If the Turbo is designed to only align on the base of the mount, then it won't be any less stable running on a stubby mount vs the full flash hider/brake.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 3:49:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have a standard Turbo in jail. Once they do a Resonator K, that will be on the trust too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'm in for at least one Resonator K, probably two if it doesn't give up too much sound reduction compared to my .30LT.

Quoted:
YHM is just killing it as of late.  Really well done.
Truth.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I want to be able to fire it without the can, with the muzzle about flush with the front of the rifle, so that slinging a hot gun won't melt things or remove skin.
Recessing any kind of brake is going to be a no-go unless I can adapt a blast shroud to keep from beating up the front of the gun internals. (see 3rd picture above, planned to make it shorter if I can run a shorter mount).

http://i.imgur.com/hZTiaP8.jpg

The Cherry Bomb is ~$75
The Plan B is ~$125
Plus another Plan B or taper mount to fab up a blast shroud

If the Turbo is designed to only align on the base of the mount, then it won't be any less stable running on a stubby mount vs the full flash hider/brake.
View Quote
https://yhm.net/5356-30-cal-blast-deflector.html

Is there any reason you couldn't use the YHM Blast diverter?
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Tha resonator K is going to be bad ass.

You know they have to do it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 9:49:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Tha resonator K is going to be bad ass.

You know they have to do it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 10:25:33 PM EDT
[#33]
So far, all the small .30 cans I’ve seen have metered like garbage.
Not K-can sized 5.56mm can garbage either... short .30s are dumpster fires on anything but .300blk
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
https://yhm.net/5356-30-cal-blast-deflector.html

Is there any reason you couldn't use the YHM Blast diverter?
View Quote
That's what the brake looking thing you see started as.
If I can run a shortened YHM mount, I may chop down my modified blast diverter as well , leaving enough muzzle gap for the end baffle to act a bit like a brake.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
@RDTCU  You are correct in that we have changed the suppressor designs and no longer use the front of the mount to aid in suppressor support. The Nitro, Resonator and both Turbo's are this way.  In theory a Q.D. mount could be shortened, this will however VOID any warranty for the suppressor and mount as alterations of our product are not condoned or covered.
View Quote
@YHM_Kevin
Thanks, and understood.
Along that line, is there anything keeping YHM from offering a compact QD mount for said models, similar to the shorter Wraith mounts, or even the old .22 Mite QD?
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#37]
@RDTCU gotcha.  Cool looking project you got going there.  Interested to see your finished product there in action.  Post up a video when that happens.

I wish these Turbo K's were ready for market.  I'm ready to buy and start the hurry up and wait process again lol.

I had planned on parking one permanently to a 16 inch middy I already have and I'm sure it will see some trigger time there. However now I'm tempted to build myself another pistol upper as I need to scratch that itch to turn the torque wrench and put the vise blocks to good use again.  I really like the look of YHM's Phantom integral .300 blk upper.  Would like to replicate that look.  I plan to partially tuck a Turbo K into the same rail most likely on the end of an 11.5 barrel.  Since the muzzle device would be partially recessed one of those blast diverters would probably be a smart investment for myself so the upper could still be utilized safely if the can was removed.  Wouldn't want to replicate that picture a few posts above.  What do you guys think?

Link Posted: 2/27/2019 2:17:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#39]
I refuse to buy anything that has "Turbo" in it's name unless it has a real turbocharger.  Slapping "Turbo" on a product's label is only marketing BS trying to make something mediocre sound good.

It's a pet peeve of mine.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yup you totally caught onto our marketing strategy. Looks like I'll need to label my next product as "supercharged"
View Quote
Or Super Sport

You can call your 30 cal can the King Ranch that way it will appeal to us red necks. lol

My Standard Turbo F4 was submitted today. Looking forward to getting it in hand. Big Thanks to Hansohn brothers!
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I refuse to buy anything that has "Turbo" in it's name unless it has a real turbocharger.  Slapping "Turbo" on a product's label is only marketing BS trying to make something mediocre sound good.

View Quote
Thanks for your contribution to the thread.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Go be petty somewhere else.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#44]
I had a machinist mill off the pointy prongs on my old style flash hider
It’s for a F1 build [shrug]
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I had a machinist mill off the pointy prongs on my old style flash hider
It’s for a F1 build [shrug]
View Quote
They're there to scrape the carbon off the front mount ring in the older Phantom cans.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 8:16:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yup you totally caught onto our marketing strategy. Looks like I'll need to label my next product as "supercharged"
View Quote
Just don't try and sell us suppressor 'creme'.  We're on to you providing high value products with dubious names and great Kustomer Serve-Us.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/27/2019 9:52:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Kay, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#49]
@CnA

Funny thing is a suppressor actually works as a turbo charger.  Increased back pressure equals bolt cycling faster, thus turbo charging the action of the weapon. If your working with a fully automatic setup your gonna see an increase in ROF. Seeesh.  Some folks just assume everything is marketing snake oil. Sarcasm mode off now.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 11:25:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
In case it wasnt clear your pet peeve is fucking stupid if it makes you not buy a perfectly good product.  Do you hate Colt because it isn't a real fucking horse?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top