Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2024 10:31:30 PM EDT
I have a PTR 9K and have a bit of federal 9mm +P+ in hand.  Looking to find out if a PTR 9K
would have any issues firing it.  Thanks in advance for any info.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 12:54:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lil_Sig] [#1]
It is my understanding that even +P is not good for the platform.

Can it handle it? I'm sure it can. Just not good on wearing out parts. Like rollers, rails and locking Tolerances.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I've ran some absolutely hot stuff through all of mine without any issues
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I’ve used +P NATO ball and GDHPs through mine without any issues for several years.
I have not used +P+ so I’m not sure just how it will handle it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Food for thought. ALL HK 9mm weapons are designed to shoot NATO spec ammo. 124gr @1260fps, give er take. So is +P+ too hot for the platform, can’t see why. Being a clone is the weapon of topic and not built to HK spec’s,  YMMV. But to say the platform can’t hand it, I disagree.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lil_Sig:
It is my understanding that even +P is not good for the platform.

Can it handle it? I'm sure it can. Just not good on wearing out parts. Like rollers, rails and locking Tolerances.
View Quote

Can’t tell if this is sarcasm or you had someone tell you bad information.

MP5s are absolutely rated for +P.  
If it wasn’t NATO spec 9mm would beat them apart.

The French upgraded it for a steady diet of +P+.

The cost of replacing rollers is trivial. Even a new locking piece isn’t very expensive compared to the ammo cost.
The system is  literally designed to be adjusted for wear.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Worst case scenario you might bump the rails.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Eyegun:
Worst case scenario you might bump the rails.
View Quote

Yeah it’s got to be way out of spec for a while for the rollers to start damaging the rails.

Saw that on Hops PTR PDW review. They didn’t manufacture it with the right locking piece
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I ran a shitload of +P+ Ranger 127g duty ammo through my MP5 when I had it. Never a problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top