Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2019 9:28:49 AM EDT
Giving some serious thought to a Form 1 to SBR my PTR 9c.  I've been shopping for two items before committing though.

1) an A2 stock.  Don't care if it is H&K, just want quality.  Besides, every H&K I've seen is sold out. Found USA made for about $60.  Anyone know about the fit and quality of these?  I went to PTR's website and followed the parts suppliers link, but they don't offer the 9R PTR 608 stock parts.  Just .308 rifle stocks.

2) I bought a cheap Uncle Mikes "sub-machine gun" case that holds 6 MP5 mags. Works great with my folding brace.  They don't seem to make a full size case that holds the MP5 mags.  Anyone know of someone that makes a case a SBR would fit?
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

1) an A2 stock.  Don't care if it is H&K, just want quality.  Besides, every H&K I've seen is sold out.
View Quote
https://beta.hkparts.net/product/hk-mp5-a2-fixed-stock-german-p169.htm/
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Ooh. And in stock too.  Now the big question.  Grab it now, of Form 1 first?  My luck it will be hard to find again once I get the stamp back.  Might buy it and have it shipped to a friends house.  Don't want any of that "intent" BS.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been considering this one.  Seems to get good reviews.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, so HKParts new website sucks a$$. This is the US A2 stock that I've been using on my Zenith (HKParts MP5 A2 Fixed US). Fit and finish is good, didn't have to modify any of the holes to get it to align correctly.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 11:04:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Considering it is made on HK tooling, I went this route and saved $90.  I did find a HK for $135, but in the end decided $90 would buy a lot of ammo, or almost half of the ATF Form 1 I’m going to work on submitting tomorrow.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 11:12:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't pay over $100 for one whatever you do
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 9:34:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ok, so HKParts new website sucks a$$. This is the US A2 stock that I've been using on my Zenith (HKParts MP5 A2 Fixed US). Fit and finish is good, didn't have to modify any of the holes to get it to align correctly.
View Quote
That’s the one I use on my Zenith.  Fit and quality is as good as the German stock, plus provides a needed US part.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#8]
2) I bought a cheap Uncle Mikes "sub-machine gun" case that holds 6 MP5 mags. Works great with my folding brace.  They don't seem to make a full size case that holds the MP5 mags.  Anyone know of someone that makes a case a SBR would fit?
View Quote
Regarding a weapon case I have been really happy with the "Covert Operations Discreet Carry Case" from Elite Survival Systems. They make the cases in pretty much any size you need and you can select what mag pouch you want with each case. I have 4 of these cases along with some other products they have and been a satisfied customer. They have other more traditional style cases also that look like they would be good to go but I haven't tried any of them yet.

Link to covert cases below...

https://www.elitesurvival.com/rifle-cases/covert-operations-discreet-carry-cases/
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 8:48:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's what I used on my PTR. No complaints.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 8:17:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I have both the POF and HK A2 stocks. Both fit my 9CT the same.
I keep the HK on the 9CT … only because its a true HK but they look and fit identical

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the US stock and it works fine and looks fine.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 8:43:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#13]
RTG has HK police surplus (used) A2 stocks right now for $59.95
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I run a HK93 steel backplate with a stock.

https://hkparts.net/product/hk-93-33-53-fixed-stock-us-p16927.htm

Or just the painted backplate, add your own stock

https://hkparts.net/product/hk-93-33-53-backplate-painted-p16254.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top