Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2024 9:44:32 PM EDT
Any of you dealers have these in stock yet?

Thoughts?

Seems like a tipan with removable battery and newer firmware from the single YT video I’ve seen.

AGM seeker hand held scanner
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 2:58:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Not just removable battery, but an 18650. I'm so glad to see the industry moving in this direction.

I have a couple Pulsar thermals that use an 18650 but encased in their proprietary shroud, making it some special "pulsar battery", which means I can't just keep a couple 18650s on hand for various electronics on my kit, i have to also carry pulsar-specific batteries.

But now you can keep one fuel source for a thermal clip on, thermal scanner, helmet NODS battery pack, modlite/rein, etc.

With the size, features, and price of this thing, I'll likely be selling my pulsars to replace with this.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 1:29:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Just received my Seeker 15-384 from TOP's this afternoon.
Big image improvement over my Taipan 15-384 which was to be expected since my Taipan is over three years old and used quite a bit.
I heard that the seeker uses the 384 sidewinder sensor, but can't confirm it.
I mainly bought it for the removable 18650 battery option, as all of my other thermal's use 18650 batteries.
Display screen size is the same as the Taipan.
I was worried that it was going to be smaller, but a quick e mail to AGM took that worry away.
I thought the tilt off feature was going to be useful, but I found that it'll turn on if you put it in the horizontal position in a jacket pocket, so that's another feature I shut off.
If you keep it in a chest pouch in the vertical position it works as advertised.
I always put the display to sleep before taking it away from my eye, so it's business as usual for me.
Same button layout & function as the Taipan.
Just slightly heavier and longer.
Same bottom contour as the Taipan, so no issue with it fitting into the hands free helmet adapter.
Don't like the new style rubber eye guard, but the Taipan eyeguard fit onto the Seeker with a little bit of persuasion.
The battery compartment latch is the only weakness I've found.
It hasn't opened while using it, but the latch is easily manipulated if using it with your left hand.
Easier menu than the Taipan
It's definitely worth the price and I hope it gives me years of dependable service like my Taipan has.

SJC

Link Posted: 8/31/2024 9:51:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sjcshooter1] [#4]
After spending another week testing the Seeker, I'm going to use it as my primary mono and give my Fuzion 640 a break.
With the addition of the Sharpness and Warm/Cool image features you can really dial the image in nicely in any weather condition.
They also added a red power on signal light.
The image I'm seeing is a lot better than the links below.
The image, replaceable 18650 battery, features and sub $1,200 price make it a no brainer.
SJC

Warm

Cool

Link Posted: 8/31/2024 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sjcshooter1:
After spending another week testing the Seeker, I'm going to use it as my primary mono and give my Fuzion 640 a break.
With the addition of the Sharpness and Warm/Cool image features you can really dial the image in nicely in any weather condition.
They also added a red power on signal light.
The image I'm seeing is a lot better than the links below.
The image, replaceable 18650 battery, features and sub $1,200 price make it a no brainer.
SJC

Warm

Cool

View Quote

Can you do a video recording a longer distance?

Like 100-300yards?
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#6]
So you prefer the 384 to your 640 fuzion?

Where did you get it? You said TOP but i don't know what that is.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 4:12:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bearcat24] [#7]
Originally Posted By sjcshooter1:
Just received my Seeker 15-384 from TOP's this afternoon.
Big image improvement over my Taipan 15-384 which was to be expected since my Taipan is over three years old and used quite a bit.
I heard that the seeker uses the 384 sidewinder sensor, but can't confirm it.
I mainly bought it for the removable 18650 battery option, as all of my other thermal's use 18650 batteries.
Display screen size is the same as the Taipan.
I was worried that it was going to be smaller, but a quick e mail to AGM took that worry away.
I thought the tilt off feature was going to be useful, but I found that it'll turn on if you put it in the horizontal position in a jacket pocket, so that's another feature I shut off.
If you keep it in a chest pouch in the vertical position it works as advertised.
I always put the display to sleep before taking it away from my eye, so it's business as usual for me.
Same button layout & function as the Taipan.
Just slightly heavier and longer.
Same bottom contour as the Taipan, so no issue with it fitting into the hands free helmet adapter.
Don't like the new style rubber eye guard, but the Taipan eyeguard fit onto the Seeker with a little bit of persuasion.
The battery compartment latch is the only weakness I've found.
It hasn't opened while using it, but the latch is easily manipulated if using it with your left hand.
Easier menu than the Taipan
It's definitely worth the price and I hope it gives me years of dependable service like my Taipan has.

SJC

View Quote

I have the Taipan 15-384 I bought last year for scanning purposes. What has changed to make this better with both being 15-384?
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

Can you do a video recording a longer distance?

Like 100-300yards?
View Quote

I had some but deleted all of the videos I took by accident.
I'll try to get some before the weekend is over, but it's supposed to be storming in my neck of the woods the next few days.
SJC
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
So you prefer the 384 to your 640 fuzion?

Where did you get it? You said TOP but i don't know what that is.
View Quote

I prefer the 640, but the Seeker has a better FOV for the terrain I hunt and is lighter that the fuzion.
TOPS is Thermal Optics Plus. Awesome place to deal with.
SJC
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 10:24:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Bearcat24:

I have the Taipan 15-384 I bought last year for scanning purposes. What has changed to make this better with both being 15-384?
View Quote

I've been told that the Seeker has the Sidewinder sensor and processor.
No comparison to my 15-384.
It also has the removable 18650 battery.
It's what the 15-384 wanted to be.
SJC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top