Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2020 2:20:24 PM EDT
Were they ever manufactured?   Only ones I see are the aftermarket NVINC made  sac lenses.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I use regular sac lenses on my ANVIS(es). If you have LIF adapters on your ANVIS lenses, PVS-14 accessories are compatible
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#2]
NVI sac lenses suck. They only thread in a quarter turn at most and with light pressure they fall out of half my objectives.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NVI sac lenses suck. They only thread in a quarter turn at most and with light pressure they fall out of half my objectives.
View Quote

Thats my experience as well
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I use regular sac lenses on my ANVIS(es). If you have LIF adapters on your ANVIS lenses, PVS-14 accessories are compatible
View Quote

Tell me more about these adapters please!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Plastic ring that is super glued or epoxied onto the end of the monocular assembly.  Same threads as the PVS-14 LIF.
Also required to get the correct diameter to mount the AN/AVS-7 HUD.

USAF started adding them during Gulf II.  Every USN/USMC goggle I ever saw had them installed by ITT at the factory.

Handy pic "borrowed" from NVD showing the rings glued to the end of each monocular:

Link Posted: 12/12/2020 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#6]
ahh thank you

My google searches are not turning up any further info let alone any sources,  can I presume these are pretty rare?

Any idea on a part number?  thanks
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:21:54 PM EDT
[#7]
All army anvis goggles ive seen have them and run LIFs.

They are the right diameter for a pvs14 compass as well
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:37:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't some ANVIS OBJ's have internal threads?  if so what are they for?
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:46:50 PM EDT
[#9]
ABNIGHTVISION used to sell the thread adapters ring and epoxy kit once upom a time.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 12:17:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll take a pic of my OBJs

They have internal threads that I cannot get a LIF to thread on to,   the compass fits snug.  the PVS 7/14 slip on sac windows fit perfect.  

Maybe my LIF threads are chingered up,  it fits OK on a set of 7's but I don't crank it down to the gasket,  just finger snug it.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:34:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
All army anvis goggles ive seen have them and run LIFs.

View Quote

Early ones did not. (the really early ones with the 15mm eyepiece lenses didn't)

All the new ones do.  Should be standard from (V)3 onward, possibly (V)1.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top