Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2019 12:18:46 AM EDT
Been outta the gear game for awhile, so turning to here for help. What I'm looking for is a chest rig(black or OD) that will hold four or five 20 round  mags, and possibly and admin pouch on the side. Does such a rig exist?

Oh-and not looking for a plate carrier either. No armor.

Thanks in advance guys.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 2:08:24 AM EDT
[#1]
7 or 4 pocket uSGI bandolier with 2 of the safety pins that are issued with them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:02:38 AM EDT
[#2]
https://www.wtfidea.com/turnkey-rig-03-m4-20rd-mags/

Should be just what you're looking for. You can put an admin panel/dangler on it to scale it up.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.wtfidea.com/turnkey-rig-03-m4-20rd-mags/

Should be just what you're looking for. You can put an admin panel/dangler on it to scale it up.
View Quote
Very minimalist.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Chicom type 63 will hold 5 mags with two extra pouches. Also they are only like 20 bucks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The closed-front TT MAV is inferior to the open-front unit, since the buckled, open-front unit can be unbuckled for prone operations.  The bungee-topped 20-rd mag panels are fine for benign climates, but admit unwanted elements, such as mud, snow, dirt, and freezing rain.  Personally, I prefer flapped pouches that exclude such. The bungee cord is subject to long-term degradation from sunlight, heat, and dirt.  That is tolerable as long as the bungee cord is not permanently affixed, and substitute bungee cord is available.  Any item with sewn-in bungee cord--IOW, Bungee cord that is not user-replaceable-- is, IMHO, a temporary, discardable item. It will be useful as long as the bungee cord lasts.  If the item is kept in deep storage, in benign temps, it will last a considerable length of time.  Once taken to the field, older bungee cord will quickly show its age, and fail.  BTDT.
As someone who has to buy my own equipment, and cannot rely on Uncle Sugar for initial equipment, nor replenishment, I have come to prefer flapped, buckled pouches for most applications.  Perhaps one or two 'Quick-Access' type pouches.  YMMV.
View Quote
I've never thought about the bungee's degrading over time. Unless they have changed the design though, those bungee's are replaceable. FWIW, I'm not an operator, just a gear whore
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 11:07:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 7:37:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Never been a fan of chest rigs, per se, as they generally interfere with a good prone position, not to mention mag access in such position.  I suggest onlongapo as a source or 20-rd mag pouches.
View Quote
Chest mounted (high, not low belly mounted) open top mag pouches are the easiest reload from the prone. Easier than from a belt. Almost no movement required. Especially from the weak side chest.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Presently I have an out of production BFG Ten Speed bandolier that I carry with my 10.5 AR. Carries 20s fine and is minimalist.

If I was going to replace it with something a bit more secure and steady, it would be the Arktis Secret Service rig.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arktis-M674-Right-Hand-Covert-Carry-Rig-Secret-Service-Special-Forces-SAS-CCW/223239709931?hash=item33fa1fa4eb:g:fJQAAOSwL7VWhHSD:sc:USPSPriority

For a number of years, I used a Diamondback Tactical MOLLE rig similar to what Arktis has now. DBT’s was modular but still remarkably svelte. DBT is long gone, but those guys had some of the most innovative and well built nylon gear around. FBI SWAT seems to adopting their gear widely about the time the company was sold and moved from Arizona. The DBT design skills seemed to have moved over to First Spear, which is top notch gear.

First Spear has their DAS Ding... pretty basic too. The mechanics for fast draw, rifle flip and back on target couldn’t be better for me. Everything First Spear I have touched is good to go, but you are going to be paying for near custom gear. https://www.first-spear.com/das-ding-tm
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top