Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2024 2:27:50 PM EDT
I was looking for an AICS mag with a 5-round capacity to use in field rifles where the shorter length of the mag was more desirable than the normal ten round capacity.

I saw that a company called Amend2 had a fiver at a lower price than the competition. They claim US made, so I ordered one to test.

After ordering I read on Arfcom that users had issues with Amend2 30-round AR mags losing their shape and being useless if stored fully loaded for a long period. This worried me.

So I got my test sample.

I compared it to AccurateMag metal mags, MDT’s poly mag and a Ruger-branded poly AICS mag.

The Amend2 actually looks and feels well made. It looks better than the Ruger mag, and much better than the MDT mag which has a cheap appearsnce.

Function: I tested it in a Ruger GSR and a Savage Model 10 with aftermarket AccurateMag bottom metal.

The mag functioned perfectly in both rifles. In fairness, the only AICS rifle I’ve ever had function issues with is the Ruger mag. It will misfeed and won’t fit in some rifles.

My initial impression is that the Amend2 AICS mags look good and work perfectly.

I won’t be storing it loaded and I’ll see if it holds up over time.

Some comparisons pics with other (ten round) AICS mags and one of it in a Ruger Scout.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/7/2024 5:13:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Normlizer] [#1]
Might have to try one. Not sure about the brand but if it's cheap enuff.  I have a g19 mag and it's complete garbage they sent me a new one and it's the exact same.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 7:27:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Firestarter123] [#2]
You should have just purchased a couple of actual AI AICS 5rd magazines so that you knew they’d just simply work.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2898468203?pid=468203
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Firestarter123:
You should have just purchased a couple of actual AI AICS 5rd magazines so that you knew they’d just simply work.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2898468203?pid=468203
View Quote

$62 plus shipping is a good price for those, but I wouldn’t be confident it would run in any particular rifle until I tried it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Normlizer:
Might have to try one. Not sure about the brand but if it's cheap enuff.  I have a g19 mag and it's complete garbage they sent me a new one and it's the exact same.
View Quote

I wouldn’t use any off brand Glock mag, even Magpul has issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top