Link Posted: 7/17/2024 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you post some pics of it?
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn’t know they were actually in the US
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I have your rail and though it is nice and sleek I’d most likely eventually burn myself on the gas block. Wish you guys could make a heat shield for that.

How’s the ejection port cover coming along?
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#4]
How's the stock side by side with a COVID era stock? Color and texture wise?
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 12:12:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm waiting for "in the wild" pics to start showing up before I buy the M2 variant.  The videos I've seen include that forward railed/M-Lok handguard section but the stock photos I see on websites show nothing like that on the rifle.  I love my A3 M1 but would much prefer a version that has the light and laser mounting options of the new handguard.  The Steyr USA site doesn't have the M2 listed yet as far as I can tell, so I'm not sure if the handguard is standard with the M2 or just an optional extra.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fordkicksass:
I'm waiting for "in the wild" pics to start showing up before I buy the M2 variant.  The videos I've seen include that forward railed/M-Lok handguard section but the stock photos I see on websites show nothing like that on the rifle.  I love my A3 M1 but would much prefer a version that has the light and laser mounting options of the new handguard.  The Steyr USA site doesn't have the M2 listed yet as far as I can tell, so I'm not sure if the handguard is standard with the M2 or just an optional extra.
View Quote

Sounds like it does not come with the rail from what I hear.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AbstractIdeas:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AbstractIdeas:
Originally Posted By fordkicksass:

Correct,
Rail is an extra $399 from Steyr and are out of stock.  ( I have a new extra if anyone wants it. )
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#10]
just find an A3 from 20 years ago and it's basically that
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Based on what I'm hearing and seeing I would actually argue that the a3sa guns are higher quality and better quality control than the A3 M2 guns.

Plus you definitely for sure don't have to worry about a stock cracking with an a3sa.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 2:27:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Have they resolved the stock issues on the a3m2?

Nothing specifically bad per se about the a3m2 specifically but rather that the A3 SA has nicer fit and finish and overall quality than any of the ones after it including the a3 m2.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 1:06:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TSH77769:
Have they resolved the stock issues on the a3m2?

Nothing specifically bad per se about the a3m2 specifically but rather that the A3 SA has nicer fit and finish and overall quality than any of the ones after it including the a3 m2.
View Quote

Can you post some pictures comparing your A3 to the M2? I’m interested in seeing them side by side.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 10:52:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: texasyid] [#16]
View Quote

I have an A3 SA one of the early Sabre guns and a 40th anniversary and don't really see any difference in quality. If anything the 40th is nicer and it has a forged receiver.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 1:27:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#17]
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Maybe they've changed how the m2s are made then or improved quality control because there is definitely a difference between my a3sa rifles and my a3m1 rifles for sure.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 3:04:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Someone post some pictures please.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

Ejection port cover is in prototyping. If things gonwell it will be in the production que in about two weeks.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
Originally Posted By Nate762:
I have your rail and though it is nice and sleek I’d most likely eventually burn myself on the gas block. Wish you guys could make a heat shield for that.

How’s the ejection port cover coming along?

Ejection port cover is in prototyping. If things gonwell it will be in the production que in about two weeks.

If you could PM me when they’re available I’d love to buy one as soon as possible. I appreciate you supporting the platform!
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 10:26:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Maybe they've changed how the m2s are made then or improved quality control because there is definitely a difference between my a3sa rifles and my a3m1 rifles for sure.
View Quote

Could you post some pics showing the exact differences you are talking about.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By TSH77769:
View Quote

Ok so which one seems to be better made? How and where?
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm away from home for a while so no I can't right now unfortunately.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Can’t speak for the newest version but can with the Sabre A3 vs late M1. The QC was definitely better on the Sabre , the Sabre and early FN barrels fit more consistently and were nicely chrome lined and very consistent with accuracy over many 1000s of rounds. not so much with later FN & nitride bbls. The later M1s had exposed metal in the receiver, poor fitting parts and dings under the finish, ejecting port covers, chracking stocks. They jseem rushed putting them together vs taking their time and fitting things properly. Steyr US is perfectly capable of making a good AUG but they need to quit cutting corners. Hopefully they upped their game with the new version with more than a few gimmicky mlok slots.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 1:57:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: texasyid] [#27]
So how do your Aug's compare cosmetically to these.  https://www.steyr-arms.com/en/sporting-rifles/aug-sa/
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By FullAssault:
Can’t speak for the newest version but can with the Sabre A3 vs late M1. The QC was definitely better on the Sabre , the Sabre and early FN barrels fit more consistently and were nicely chrome lined and very consistent with accuracy over many 1000s of rounds. not so much with later FN & nitride bbls. The later M1s had exposed metal in the receiver, poor fitting parts and dings under the finish, ejecting port covers, chracking stocks. They jseem rushed putting them together vs taking their time and fitting things properly. Steyr US is perfectly capable of making a good AUG but they need to quit cutting corners. Hopefully they upped their game with the new version with more than a few gimmicky mlok slots.
View Quote

The rail slots/handguard they are selling for the M2 aren't even the ones they were showing off in the TFBTV video where they were showcasing the new and improved M2 or what they are showing on the website as the new and improved M2.  So...who knows.   Maybe I'm missing something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top