Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2024 4:20:09 PM EDT
Just curious as I can't remember from prior approvals, but is there a standard time of the day that people are getting their NFA approval emails? As I'm sitting at 204, 155 & 54 days on my 3 cans, I'm wondering if the emails only come in first thing in the morning or if they can come in any time of the day. I know I should just forget about them, but at this point it's not easy to do. So, if I get nothing early morning, should I just forget about it for the day, or if any time emails come into my account any time during the day should I wonder if it's THE email?  Getting irritating.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#1]
All hours of the day, including weekends and holidays in the past.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 5:12:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Glocked:
View Quote

That’s what I was worried about. This waiting game sucks for us non-fast approval people. I was good for about the first 160 days or so on my oldest one, but this last month or so has been torture…
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Glocked:
View Quote

Yep. 0700 on a Saturday morning for one of mine.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#4]
ATF Examiners can telework from home and have unlimited overtime, so you approval can come at any hour.   The r/NFA Reddit used to have a really cool dashboard that you could click and sort data that users had reported their approvals, including day of the week and time of the day.  

Unfortunately it doesn't work anymore.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 8:23:21 AM EDT
[#5]
All 3 Approved now. One came in 6/19/24 and two on 6/20/24. All 3 emails received early, around 8am or so.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#6]
All of my form 4’s have been early morning, between 7-9:30 am
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bballman25:
All 3 Approved now. One came in 6/19/24 and two on 6/20/24. All 3 emails received early, around 8am or so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bballman25:
Originally Posted By arjohnson:
All of my form 4’s have been early morning, between 7-9:30 am
I've had a lot of mine come in in the afternoon or evening.

Basically they can get approved on any day at any time.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top