Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2024 7:41:07 AM EDT
Is it necessary to use the AA BCG with the piston kit?
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 8:17:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:36:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#2]
Spare parts kit should an Adams Arms BCG become unavailable.

Now that makes sense. I didn't realize Adams Arms was have problems.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#3]
The older Adams Arms piston kits used to have a replacement carrier key.  The current ones are integral to the carrier.  Not sure if they still make the conversion carrier key or if you could find one.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#4]
My AA kit came with a replacement gas key. Not sure why as it had the proprietary carrier also.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 11:56:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By blfuller:
The older Adams Arms piston kits used to have a replacement carrier key.  The current ones are integral to the carrier.  Not sure if they still make the conversion carrier key or if you could find one.
View Quote

They do not. I exchanged emails with AA, they said the carrier key was subject to failure. He did not say so specifically but I think that is why they stopped making it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SteveOak: They do not. I exchanged emails with AA, they said the carrier key was subject to failure. He did not say so specifically but I think that is why they stopped making it.
View Quote
Standard ar carriers with the AA key also suffer from carrier tilt because they lack the 'skis' at the bottom rear of all modern ar piston systems.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#7]
The closest thing would be a BRN-4 carrier but that's going be a stretch,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top