Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2024 1:49:44 PM EDT
I'm setting up my SP5 and bought THIS BT MOUNT and THIS ARISAKA mount for my Aimpoint Acro.  Unfortunately, the BT mount doesn't fit the Arisaka mounts larger screw.  You can see in the photo below what I'm talking about.  Looks like I'll need to return either the Arisaka or BT rail.  I'd prefer to keep the BT rail if there is an ACRO mount that would be compatible with the slots on the the BT top rail.  Any suggestions on an optic mounting solution for my issue?  Is there an Acro mount that would work w/ the BT rail I have?
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 4:15:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoshNC] [#1]
You have to modify the rail. The B&T rail is made to use the Aimpoint micro mount. It’s a very simple modification.

You just have to create clearance for the cross bolt. See the pic in the link below.

I’ve done a bunch of these for myself and for friends. I use a hacksaw to get it started, then finish with a jewler’s file, then touch up with alumablack.

https://imgur.com/a/3oHFxgo
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#2]
nice work sir. I'm considering returning the Arisaka mount and ordering the Scalar works mount for the ACRO. It appears that the Scalar works mount only needs 1 pic channel to securely mount to the pic rail.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jharpphoto:
nice work sir. I'm considering returning the Arisaka mount and ordering the Scalar works mount for the ACRO. It appears that the Scalar works mount only needs 1 pic channel to securely mount to the pic rail.
View Quote
I warned you in the other thread about that B&T rail.

DO NOT get the Scalar Works LEAP, it will not work.  The wheel you use to tighten it down is too wide, it will run into the lower shelf below the rail.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 7:22:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jharpphoto] [#4]
NOOOOO! Are you serious? I did consider the size of the wheel being too large. Sounds like you speak from experience. So using the BT rail that I have for optics, is there any optic mount that will be compatible?

Maybe I could dremel out a little material so that scalar works wheel fits?
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like an MFI low profile rail is in my future.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

I doubt it will work without modifying the B&T rail. It’s the rail. It was designed for the dinky Aimpoint/B&T Micro mount, not for mounts designed for true 1913 rails. Also, how are you going to return something that you mounted and has no manufacturing defect?
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like an MFI low profile rail is in my future.
View Quote

Gross. Just modify your B&T mount. It’s really simple.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#8]
NOOOOO! Are you serious? I did consider the size of the wheel being too large. Sounds like you speak from experience. So using the BT rail that I have for optics, is there any optic mount that will be compatible?

Maybe I could dremel out a little material so that scalar works wheel fits?
View Quote

This will work with the B&T rail you have.

Or just modify your B&T optic rail like I outlined above.

Link Posted: 6/21/2024 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:

Gross. Just modify your B&T mount. It’s really simple.
View Quote

Yeah, I guess you are right.
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 6:36:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Or get the BT 21222 mount.
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#11]
@JoshNC msg sent
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks to @JoshNC for prodding me along to get after it.  Turns out modding the BT rail wasn't a big deal after all.  With the exception of the busted Surfire tape switch (modlite replacement on the way) and the BT collapsible brace I think I'm pretty well set up.

Link Posted: 6/22/2024 12:03:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoshNC] [#13]
Outstanding! That is my personal favorite setup. The dot height is just right and the irons can be used through the bottom of the mount.

The B&T handguard is also a personal favorite.

A beautifully set up SP5!
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#14]
thanks man it’s coming together. No timeline on shipping of the brace. Next is to sight in the acro.
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 4:22:42 PM EDT
[#15]
thanks man it’s coming together. No timeline on shipping of the brace. Next is to sight in the acro.
View Quote

Brace?! SBR that thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top