Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 74 of 74)
Page / 74
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is a tack driver but purchased around 2019-2020 I believe.

I would have B&T check your guns. The barrel nut may not be tightened correctly or the trunion’s screws are loose.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 8:26:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FloridaMan11b] [#2]
Does anyone know the torque spec for the 3 screws on each side of the barrel?
Is this about what we can expect at 35 yards out of a apc9k sbr with a tri lug using a dead air wolfman, shooting 147gr hst off a table, bipod, and rear bag using a exps3 & g45 magnifier?

After the first pic i went up one click and left one click on my exps3

Seems fine to me except for that flyer on the right.
I switched to 147gr federal flat nose, put the vertical grip back on, removed the magnifier and was hitting a 6in throom target at 70 yards with ease using deck railing as a rest and then standing no support i was just off the target to the bottom right.
Seems good to me for what it is. Subsonic 300blk sbr is more accurate for sure but thats apples to oranges.
I wish bill would come out with a drop in ssa-e for this thing.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 5:56:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SmartDrug] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FloridaMan11b:
Is this about what we can expect at 35 yards out of a apc9k sbr with a tri lug using a dead air wolfman, shooting 147gr hst off a table, bipod, and rear bag using a exps3 & g45 magnifier?
https://i.imgur.com/KZ8K6oq.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/SkBnEQq.jpeg
I switched to 147gr federal flat nose, put the vertical grip back on, removed the magnifier and was hitting a 6in throom target at 70 yards with ease using deck railing as a rest and then standing no support i was just off the target to the bottom right.
Seems good to me for what it is. Subsonic 300blk sbr is more accurate for sure but thats apples to oranges.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
https://i.imgur.com/KZ8K6oq.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/SkBnEQq.jpeg

That looks like about a 1-1.5" group at 35y minus the flyer in the second picture, is that right? Is this pretty consistent for you?  

I'd be fine with that kind of accuracy.  By my math, I'd be shooting 20" groups at 70y.  That's about what a smoothbore musket is able to produce.

Originally Posted By themao:
Mine is a tack driver but purchased around 2019-2020 I believe.

I would have B&T check your guns. The barrel nut may not be tightened correctly or the trunion’s screws are loose.

I submitted a request yesterday, and wrote them an email directly today with more details than the 600 word max in the form, still waiting to hear back.  The trunnion was my thought as well, barrel isn't seated properly or some such.

EDIT:  They got back to me early Monday morning and are issuing a return label to give it a once over.  Will keep you posted!
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Florida man, I do not know the torque specs because B&T will not provide the public with an armorer’s manual.

When the APC pro came out, I called and asked them for one. They only offered an armorer’s class to dealers etc. There is a lot more work involved with these APC guns than an AR-15, as they red loctite the trunion screws etc (at least that is what B&T told me). The barrel nut is not easy to remove or install either.

I almost did not buy an APC 9 because of their refusal to offer training. At least HK is offering this.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#5]
What sort of groups should be acceptable out of 9mm? I would think 3-4" at 50 would be ok. 2" or so at 25?
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 9:25:35 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

The trunion screws are torqued to 5.5 Newton Meters.  There is a good breakdown/assembly video for the major receiver components at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvN1gFToOi8&t=1s.
Page / 74
Next Page Arrow Left
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 74 of 74)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top