Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2024 12:53:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FADALdude]
The old TP9 thread got archived.  Let’s do another one and keep it solely technical discussion to this platform.

A definitive thread that compiles the currently and formerly available factory accessories would be a great benefit to new owners.

Likewise products from aftermarket manufacturers would be great to document. The non-social media (other than ARF) users are at a disadvantage with the lag in information dissemination.

PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH ANY INFORMATION YOU’D LIKE ME TO ADD OR CORRECT

First and Second Generation charging handles.

Don’t do this to your TP9.  The current factory suppressor is fantastic and reduces the rearward gases much better than older designs.
This dude put a regular pistol can on an early TP9 and it make the cyclic speed so fast it damaged the gun.  She factory MP9/TP9 can was surprisingly basic inside and has enormous volume.

Steyr had a 16” carbine ready to go before the 94 hammer dropped. It performed well based on my limited reading of European sources.

Steyr TMP fully decked out with factory optics rail and correct stock. Note the lever on the ejection port side of the weapon. There are aftermarket stocks with vague provenance being offered that are NOT TMP stocks.

Rare simunitions magazine. Brownells had these when B&T USA first stocked dealers. This is the ONLY magazine for the platform I don’t have…Please PM..

Factory SBRs and autos. The digital camp one was purchased and shared by a member here. It came with a matching can IIRC and he got a deal because it was a 2 stamp gun.

And for the collector that has all the models and the Simunitions and Manipulation guns…the 45 ACP.

" />

Enormous volume of factory can….might want to toss the kids to plate

First 2 Images DSA Shared on ARF

Original advertisement in Shotgun News

Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:54:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FADALdude] [#1]
Spaceholder for list of aftermarket parts listings

List of third party companies that produced or produced aftermarket parts for the TP9. I am leaving out my personal opinions.

1) Atlantic Firearms They briefly produced a stock adapter that would accept AR buffer tubes. But, AF at least tried.

2) Custom Smith Mfg. . Lots of 3D printed parts: foregrips, the OG folding stock Brace adapter, “MP7” upper, charging handles.

3) Gigliotti Rifle Works Came out with a billet and delrin charging handle that was designed to replace the existing polymer handle. GRW also released an upgraded FCG to improve the poor trigger pull on the original gun.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:55:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FADALdude] [#2]
Space holder for smiths that actual work on the platform

Space holder for user modifications

- SLINGS

-WML

-Optics

-Magazine updates

-
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Moar please!
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Great thread
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 3:21:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FADALdude] [#5]
The Small Arms Review article of the MP9 is great.
They released the pdf publicly…I need to find that hard drive.

Small Arms Review MP9 Introduction Article - A MUST read
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there an aluminum charging handle for the TP9? My understanding is that the stock one is plastic.

Can the barrel be swapped out for one that can accept a normal three-lug adapater or B&T's suppressors the only option?

Link Posted: 9/18/2024 4:15:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
Is there an aluminum charging handle for the TP9? My understanding is that the stock one is plastic.

Can the barrel be swapped out for one that can accept a normal three-lug adapater or B&T's suppressors the only option?

View Quote

Gigliotti has their Plunger handle. It might take some time to wear in as they are meant to be very tight fitting. I sold mine cause it was cycling slowly, and it took a while for it to break in for the guy I sold it to.

B&T's Suppressor is the only option right now as most pistol cal cans on the market are simply too high backpressure for the TP9's operation. I believe part of the reason they went to the current trilug sleeve was to stop people from destroying their guns.
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks WC!

Well, darn.  The only negative to the B&T TP9 that can't be remedied at this point with aftermarket parts appears to be the fact that you'e locked into having to use the B&T suppressor for it.

It's soooo close to the perfect PCC.
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 5:32:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FADALdude] [#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
Thanks WC!

Well, darn.  The only negative to the B&T TP9 that can't be remedied at this point with aftermarket parts appears to be the fact that you'e locked into having to use the B&T suppressor for it.

It's soooo close to the perfect PCC.
View Quote

You could technically use the 13.5mmL barrel guide and a newer high volume flow through can. But, the B&T does a good job at not making the barrel into a piston. It’s a big can but light.

I honestly felt bad for the dude that beat up his TP9 over on ST when they added a regular pistol can.

I’m surprised B&T hasn’t made a 3rd gen charging handle to seal the area a bit better like the old gas buster AR handles.

The “3rd gen” handles are just the 2nd gen handle with another stacked on top.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 9:04:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the gigliotti trigger and charging handle.  

the trigger is loads better than factory but needs some better way to install vs the screw system design.  

also have the older non flow through suppressor design.  It's gassy.

Had to use the unity riser backwards so I could still run a LAM up front.

Link Posted: Today 1:27:13 PM EDT
[#11]
B&T to introduce MP9 / TP9 PRO upgrades at Shot Show 2025.

Looks like B&T has listened and has added their “Pro” treatment to the MP9 / TP9 platforms. The MP9-N updates of ambi safety, mag release, charging handle, bolt hold open lever, and internal BCG and FCG geometry and coatings.
The stock trigger was better than the DSA TP9s but that’s “relative” to be very kind.  

From social media:
BT-USA responding on Reddit

“ Do You Regret Buying the TP9?”

They went on to say that the PRO upgrades will be made public at Shot Show 2025. GRW had bad timing with the FCG and the roll out. Hard to fault a small shop for an ambitious project.
I can see with modern Reddit/insta/fb interactions people expect a lot of on demand service and that is hard to scale up.

My GRW CH didn’t fit my DSA guns but fit the TP9-N the person I sold it to. Like 1/8”, barrel is rotating, no way in hell it would fit either upper. Chalked it up to them being both DSA guns but was not impressed with the “just keep trying, it will fit” email I got.

I would love if Karl rode the line into Retro territory and made a TMP clone without the rear block. The TP9 is arguably legal in Illinois and so are AOWs. Would love to get my grail.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top