Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:
Really wish Beretta would start cranking out the pro lifters. Looks like $250ish is the going rape price on ebay, gunbroker when they pop up.
View Quote

Holy cow. I paid $70 for mine, but that was over a year ago.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

Threaded 92 barrels have been the same way
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Really wish Beretta would start cranking out the pro lifters. Looks like $250ish is the going rape price on ebay, gunbroker when they pop up.

Yea. Looks like 92 barrels are back in stock for the most part. Guess Beretta is using everything they produce.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Just got an email from midwest gunworks that the 1301 pro lifter is back in stock.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MK318:

The only upgrade I’d do to start is add the pro-lifter, assuming you can find one in stock at a decent price. This is a must do mod for the A300 and earlier 1301Ts. It makes loading the gun so much smoother especially if you’re loading doubles. From there I’d just shoot it. The A300 is set up pretty well out of the box, the pro lifter is the only thing that it seems was missed by Beretta. Adding a sling, weapon light and red dot is easy enough with the MLOK slots and the top rail.
View Quote

Please for the love of god replace the mag tube spring.

Unless beretta finally decided to fix that, it’s a must do.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

View Quote

Yep. Wolf spring with 14” sticking out past the mag tube allows 7 round capacity with most 2 3/4 ammo and is way stiffer than factory. The factory spring feels like it came out of a clicky pen.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 12:10:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

View Quote

Originally Posted By BoomToob:

Yep. Wolf spring with 14” sticking out past the mag tube allows 7 round capacity with most 2 3/4 ammo and is way stiffer than factory. The factory spring feels like it came out of a clicky pen.
View Quote

Good call, I forgot about that. My 1301s have a wolff spring as well. That is another must do upgrade. The stock spring is fine but it sets really fast and wears out even quicker it seems. The Wolff spring really shows it’s worth when your gun is dirty, it kicks shells onto the lifter with authority.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 12:14:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Yea. Looks like 92 barrels are back in stock for the most part. Guess Beretta is using everything they produce.
View All Quotes

Beretta seems to produce batches of things at a time. They do this with various models of guns as well as parts. You’d think though with as popular as the 1301s and now A300s have become, Beretta would have machines dedicated to producing things like the pro-lifter. I ordered one the other day just to have it when I buy my 1301 Comp.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Beretta seems to produce batches of things at a time. They do this with various models of guns as well as parts. You’d think though with as popular as the 1301s and now A300s have become, Beretta would have machines dedicated to producing things like the pro-lifter. I ordered one the other day just to have it when I buy my 1301 Comp.
View Quote

@MK318

I thought the 1301 Comp comes with one, does it not?

BTW where did you order one?
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 6:47:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#9]
Originally Posted By SpankMonkey:

@MK318

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SpankMonkey:

@MK318

They are supposed to, but I’ve seen where some people have been getting them without them installed, makes me wonder if Beretta just doesn’t have them in stock or if some dealers are replacing them and selling the prolifter on eBay for $300. I’d like to think a dealer wouldn’t do such a thing but it wouldn’t be the first time something like that happened. My gun club is great though, I doubt any would do something like that, I think it’s more likely that Beretta is just running short on supply. So I ordered one just in case. I ordered it from Midwest gun works but I believe they are sold out again. You can sign up to be notified by MWG. I also set up MWG as an alert whenever I get an email from them so I could jump on it when I get the email. It was around 2am when I got the alert. If my Comp comes with one then great, the A300 Tactical is on my short list and I’ll use it for that when I pick one up. While I don’t have a need for it, I kind of want an A300 as a basic truck gun to finally retire my Gen 1 1301 which is kept in the locking drawer in my truck right now. I’ll throw the pro lifter in the A300, swap out to a Wolff mag spring, add an old Aimpoint T1 and an old non DF Surefire scout that I have laying around, a sling and call it a day.

You can sign up for an in stock notification. MWGW is awesome, I’ve spent thousands of dollars with them for years and haven’t ever had an issue with them.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Just a PSA for everyone interested. I just installed the Zhukov handguard from GG&G and gained exactly 0 usable new Mlok slots, and now have a fully exposed operating rod. Long story short, complete waste of time and money, unless you like the look of course.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#11]

They are supposed to, but I’ve seen where some people have been getting them without them installed, makes me wonder if Beretta just doesn’t have them in stock or if some dealers are replacing them and selling the prolifter on eBay for $300. I’d like to think a dealer wouldn’t do such a thing but it wouldn’t be the first time something like that happened. My gun club is great though, I doubt any would do something like that, I think it’s more likely that Beretta is just running short on supply. So I ordered one just in case. I ordered it from Midwest gun works but I believe they are sold out again. You can sign up to be notified by MWG. I also set up MWG as an alert whenever I get an email from them so I could jump on it when I get the email. It was around 2am when I got the alert. If my Comp comes with one then great, the A300 Tactical is on my short list and I’ll use it for that when I pick one up. While I don’t have a need for it, I kind of want an A300 as a basic truck gun to finally retire my Gen 1 1301 which is kept in the locking drawer in my truck right now. I’ll throw the pro lifter in the A300, swap out to a Wolff mag spring, add an old Aimpoint T1 and an old non DF Surefire scout that I have laying around, a sling and call it a day.

You can sign up for an in stock notification. MWGW is awesome, I’ve spent thousands of dollars with them for years and haven’t ever had an issue with them.
View Quote

Thank you I signed up. I picked up a300UP last week. I love it. Super handy.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Just a PSA for everyone interested. I just installed the Zhukov handguard from GG&G and gained exactly 0 usable new Mlok slots, and now have a fully exposed operating rod. Long story short, complete waste of time and money, unless you like the look of course.
View Quote

Ouch! Sorry man.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 12:36:39 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Doesn’t sound like you have it installed correctly. When it is installed correctly the action bars are not fully exposed. Also the claim about mlok slots isn’t really accurate either, you gain two half slots at the rear which allow you to easily mount a match saver. The factory handguard only has one and a half slots on each side vs two and a half slots on each side for the Magpul Zhukov. If you use the Aridus retrofit kit you also gain an extra full MLOK slot on each side and the rear half slot becomes a full length slot. This would give you four and a half slots on each side vs just one and a half slots on each side for the factory handguard. Additionally you can modify the bottom slots to make them useable, you just need to remove some material from the heat shield and shave the t-nut bolts down a little. I personally haven’t done this but others have. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with the factory handguard, it is fine for many but you are giving out incorrect info about the Zhukov handguard.

https://www.aridusindustries.com/products/hga-1301-zhukov-retrofit-kit/

For example, you can’t replicate my switch and sling mount set up with the factory handguard as you don’t have enough slots.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/9/2024 4:57:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BoomToob] [#14]

Doesn’t sound like you have it installed correctly. When it is installed correctly the action bars are not fully exposed. Also the claim about mlok slots isn’t really accurate either, you gain two half slots at the rear which allow you to easily mount a match saver. The factory handguard only has one and a half slots on each side vs two and a half slots on each side for the Magpul Zhukov. If you use the Aridus retrofit kit you also gain an extra full MLOK slot on each side and the rear half slot becomes a full length slot. This would give you four and a half slots on each side vs just one and a half slots on each side for the factory handguard. Additionally you can modify the bottom slots to make them useable, you just need to remove some material from the heat shield and shave the t-nut bolts down a little. I personally haven’t done this but others have. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with the factory handguard, it is fine for many but you are giving out incorrect info about the Zhukov handguard.

https://www.aridusindustries.com/products/hga-1301-zhukov-retrofit-kit/

For example, you can’t replicate my switch and sling mount set up with the factory handguard as you don’t have enough slots.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7685_jpeg-3236448.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7683_jpeg-3236450.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7681_jpeg-3236451.JPG

View Quote

You’re talking about an entirely different product. I’m talking about the gg&g handguard for an a300, not for a 1301. The a300 handguard has an extra plastic ring installed by gg&g specifically for the a300 at the forward portion of the handguard, blocking half of an mlok slot. This leaves me with half of an mlok slot left over after installing the unity hot button (just like the factory handguard). The heat shield is installed on the bottom of the handguard towards the front, blocking three full mlok slots. This leaves 3 mlok slots at the rear of the handguard at the 6 o’clock position which are…. Useless (this is where I put my hand). Right hand side is obviously same as left, except with a light instead of a hot button.

As far as the action bar, the a300 has a single action bar at what I would call the 10 o’clock position. The Zhukov handguard as installed per the directions (not sure how else it could possibly be installed), has a gap or about a 1/4” between handguard and barrel. I can very easily see the action bar, and with the flimsy sides of the Zhukov could also very easily cram my finger in there and touch the action bar down its entire length.

So, with all that being said

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you coming on an a300 thread, talking about a 1301 part to a guy talking about an a300 part which you don’t own and have no experience with?

ETA: I will admit that you do gain half slots at the rear, which is cool. Not nearly $200 cool, considering you can mount a match saver other ways beside mlok. $200 to expose your previously shrouded action bar, and add half slots at the rear. Y’all are big boys, you do what you want with your money.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#15]
So now we know you can’t count. Even with that half slot being taken up by A300s additional mounting point, you still have more MLOK slots than the rear half a lot. Let’s count together.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Factory handguard has one and a half mlok slots at the 3-6-9 positions. The Zhukov with the A300 mounting point has two and a half mlok slots at the 3-9 positions and two full mlok slots at the 6. Two and a half is grater than one in a half. The mounting of a hot button requires one and half mlok slots which is all you have on one side of the factory handguard so I have no idea how you are claiming you can mount a hot button on the factory handguard and still have a half an mlok slot left over. You must have some limited edition A300 that Beretta only sold to you and nobody else.

You came in here and claimed that your action bar was “full exposed”. Now you are saying it’s only 1/4”. Yeah there is a gap there but 1/4” isn’t “fully exposed”.

I’m in this thread taking about the A300 and the Zhukov handguard because I have quite a bit of experience with the A300 and the Zhukov handguard. You are exaggerating complaints about a product by claiming inaccuracies about it. The Zhukov handguard wasn’t made for the A300 and 1301, it was adapted for them. It is designed to be used with an AK series rifle. So yeah, there are going to be drawbacks and limiting factors. It’s okay to have buyers remorse or like something more, the factory handguard is fine for most people but being intellectually dishonest by making inaccurate claims and exaggerations about a product you don’t like is not okay and this is tech, when you do that kind of stuff expect someone to call you out or correct you. So let’s review what we’ve learned.

Two and a half is grater than one and a half.
A hot button requires one and half mlok slots not one. Installing one on a factory handguard leaves you with no mlok slots on that side.
A 1/4” exposed gap at the top of the handguard is not the same as fully exposed.

Link Posted: 6/9/2024 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#16]

So now we know you can’t count. Even with that half slot being taken up by A300s additional mounting point, you still have more MLOK slots than the rear half a lot. Let’s count together.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_4545_jpeg-3236638.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_4546_jpeg-3236640.JPG

Factory handguard has one and a half mlok slots at the 3-6-9 positions. The Zhukov with the A300 mounting point has two and a half mlok slots at the 3-9 positions and two full mlok slots at the 6. Two and a half is grater than one in a half. The mounting of a hot button requires one and half mlok slots which is all you have on one side of the factory handguard so I have no idea how you are claiming you can mount a hot button on the factory handguard and still have a half an mlok slot left over. You must have some limited edition A300 that Beretta only sold to you and nobody else.

You came in here and claimed that your action bar was “full exposed”. Now you are saying it’s only 1/4”. Yeah there is a gap there but 1/4” isn’t “fully exposed”.

I’m in this thread taking about the A300 and the Zhukov handguard because I have quite a bit of experience with the A300 and the Zhukov handguard. You are exaggerating complaints about a product by claiming inaccuracies about it. The Zhukov handguard wasn’t made for the A300 and 1301, it was adapted for them. It is designed to be used with an AK series rifle. So yeah, there are going to be drawbacks and limiting factors. It’s okay to have buyers remorse or like something more, the factory handguard is fine for most people but being intellectually dishonest by making inaccurate claims and exaggerations about a product you don’t like is not okay and this is tech, when you do that kind of stuff expect someone to call you out or correct you. So let’s review what we’ve learned.

A hot button requires one and half mlok slots not one. Installing one on a factory handguard leaves you with no mlok slots on that side.
A 1/4” exposed gap at the top of the handguard is not the same as fully exposed.

View Quote

Keyword is “useful”. Show me a decent sling mount that uses half mlok slots. Yeah you can mount cable management, but I don’t care because I use zip ties.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Keyword is “useful”. Show me a decent sling mount that uses half mlok slots. Yeah you can mount cable management, but I don’t care because I use zip ties.
View Quote

I have this in the rear half slot of the Zhukov forend on my 1301.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_4545_jpeg-3236638.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_4546_jpeg-3236640.JPG

Except you didn’t say useful. You specifically said you have half a slot left over which you don’t and as for the usefulness of that extra half slot at the front you can mount a QD sling mount there moving your sling mounting option back which gives you more flexibility and options depending on your situation.

Originally Posted By BoomToob:This leaves me with half of an mlok slot left over after installing the unity hot button (just like the factory handguard)..

To answer your question. Here is a QD sling point that works specifically with the hot button we are discussing. You need two full mlok slots to make it work though which the factory handguard doesn’t have.

https://fernilab.com/shop/p/pocket-socket

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/9/2024 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Except you didn’t say useful. You specifically said you have half a slot left over which you don’t and as for the usefulness of that extra half slot at the front you can mount a QD sling mount there moving your sling mounting option back which gives you more flexibility and options depending on your situation.

To answer your question. Here is a QD sling point that works specifically with the hot button we are discussing. You need two full mlok slots to make it work though which the factory handguard doesn’t have.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_4547_jpeg-3236669.JPG
View Quote

I concede. For $200 you gain half an mlok slot on the fronts and half an mlok slot at the rear on the right, the left is blocked by the action bar. Also for that price, you expose the action bar. You win.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

I was using something similar but ended up putting my nano tool that I use for my Aimpoint ACRO in that rear half slot. Now that I have the Aridus retrofit kit that rear slot is a full slot and I have a QD sling point that uses a full mlok slot back there now. I moved the nano tool to the other side.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The Nano 2 is very useful if you have an optic on your gun.
https://emissarydevelopment.com/product/nano-carrier-mlok/
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 11:02:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#21]

I concede. For $200 you gain half an mlok slot on the fronts and half an mlok slot at the rear on the right, the left is blocked by the action bar. Also for that price, you expose the action bar. You win.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_4547_jpeg-3236669.JPG

In the thousand or so shells I have through an A300 with the Zhukov handguard and the tens of thousands of shells I have through the 1301 with the Zhukov handguard and it’s dual action bars, I’ve never experienced a single issue with that tiny 1/4” gap in the handguard. Not in the rain, snow, mud, dirt, heat and cold through multiple classes and a few competitions. Additionally I’ve yet to hear about or read about that exposed gap causing a single problem for anyone and there are people who have been running the Zhukov handguard for years of far harder use and way more shells than I have. There is a huge thread over on Pistol forum about both the 1301 and A300 and lots of experience shared about both guns and accessories like the Zhukov handguard. You are complaining about nothing except that you spent $200 and have a regret now and are looking for reasons to justify your buyers remorse. You don’t think the extra mlok slots are useful, that’s fine. The tiny little gap isn’t fully exposed and you’re concerned about nothing. You are making a mountain out of a molehill. If you’re really that hung up on it though, GG&G does make a heat shield that covers up that little gap.

https://www.gggaz.com/beretta-a300-heat-shield.html
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 11:11:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BoomToob] [#22]

In the thousand or so shells I have though an A300 with the Zhukov handguard and the tens of thousands of shells I have through the 1301 with the Zhukov handguard and it’s dual action bars, I’ve never experienced a single issue with that tiny 1/4” gap in the handguard. Not in the rain, snow, mud, dirt, heat and cold though multiple classes and a few competitions. Additionally I’ve yet to hear about or read about that exposed gap causing a single problem for anyone and there are people who have been running the Zhukov handguard for years of far harder use and way more shells than I have. There is a huge thread over on Pistol forum about both the 1301 and A300 and lots of experience shared about both guns and accessories like the Zhukov handguard. You are complaining about nothing except that you spent $200 and have a regret now and are looking for reasons to justify your buyers remorse.
View Quote

It’s just a PSA. Practical minded people should just use the handguard it came with. The “added” mlok slots are largely occupied by other features of the improvised solutions for adapting the handguard to a shotgun. Exposing an otherwise protected and shrouded part isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but why? If it for looks, fine. Do your thing. If it’s for adding modularity, I’m not sure this is it. You don’t gain a lot for the money spent. I had drilled and installed a sling mounting solution into the factory handguard and it worked fine. Went through the symtac 2 day with it and it worked fine. Put hundred of rounds through the gun of 1600 fps slugs and buck, and it worked fine. The factory handguard worked fine. It would be better money spent to buy ammo and shoot. Not sure why you have such a vested interest in what people think negatively of the Zhukov handguard.

ETA: then you link to another $90 part to get the same form and function of the factory handguard + a couple half mlok slots. Bro, come on. Just say you like the way the Zhukov looks and move on. I like how it looks too, that’s why I bought it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 11:49:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#23]

I was using something similar but ended up putting my nano tool that I use for my Aimpoint ACRO in that rear half slot. Now that I have the Aridus retrofit kit that rear slot is a full slot and I have a QD sling point that uses a full mlok slot back there now. I moved the nano tool to the other side.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7467_jpeg-3236679.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7684_jpeg-3236678.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7682_jpeg-3236680.JPG

View Quote

Mine is the original Aridus stuff (I don't like how GG&G ripped them off so the only piece I have from them is their tube cover.

I have an Aimpoint T-2 on my 1301. What all does the tool do?
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 11:54:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#24]

It’s just a PSA. Practical minded people should just use the handguard it came with. The “added” mlok slots are largely occupied by other features of the improvised solutions for adapting the handguard to a shotgun. Exposing an otherwise protected and shrouded part isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but why? If it for looks, fine. Do your thing. If it’s for adding modularity, I’m not sure this is it. You don’t gain a lot for the money spent. I had drilled and installed a sling mounting solution into the factory handguard and it worked fine. Went through the symtac 2 day with it and it worked fine. Put hundred of rounds through the gun of 1600 fps slugs and buck, and it worked fine. The factory handguard worked fine. It would be better money spent to buy ammo and shoot. Not sure why you have such a vested interest in what people think negatively of the Zhukov handguard.

ETA: then you link to another $90 part to get the same form and function of the factory handguard + a couple half mlok slots. Bro, come on. Just say you like the way the Zhukov looks and move on. I like how it looks too, that’s why I bought it.
View All Quotes

In the thousand or so shells I have though an A300 with the Zhukov handguard and the tens of thousands of shells I have through the 1301 with the Zhukov handguard and it’s dual action bars, I’ve never experienced a single issue with that tiny 1/4” gap in the handguard. Not in the rain, snow, mud, dirt, heat and cold though multiple classes and a few competitions. Additionally I’ve yet to hear about or read about that exposed gap causing a single problem for anyone and there are people who have been running the Zhukov handguard for years of far harder use and way more shells than I have. There is a huge thread over on Pistol forum about both the 1301 and A300 and lots of experience shared about both guns and accessories like the Zhukov handguard. You are complaining about nothing except that you spent $200 and have a regret now and are looking for reasons to justify your buyers remorse.

I don’t have a single issue with you not liking the Zhukov. I explained my issue above. You incorrectly claimed the factory handguard has the same amount of mlok slots when it doesn’t. Then you claimed your action bar was “fully exposed” when it isn’t. My concern is you're exaggerating and posting incorrect info in tech simply because you don’t like something. You don’t like the forend, that is fine but don’t exaggerate and make false claims.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Mine is the original Aridus stuff (I don't like how GG&G ripped them off so the only piece I have from them is their tube cover.

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7467_jpeg-3236679.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7684_jpeg-3236678.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7682_jpeg-3236680.JPG

For the T-2 not as much as the P2, for the P2, I can adjust the zero, remove the battery cap, and remove the optic with the nano tool. I ended up buying the GG&G stuff because I waited almost 8 months for Aridus to get stuff back in stock. I don’t like what GG&G did and for that matter what Langdon did in regards to his relationship with Aridus. A lot of it was aired out over on PF and after reading what Langdon wrote about Aridus being inflexible when it comes to design changes or improvements as well as being always out of stock or over extended, I kind of understand why Langdon did what he did. I still don’t like it and to be honest GG&G could have made design changes instead of just doing a 1:1 copy. That said Aridus now has the better version IMO. Their V2 is a big improvement. The Aridus bolt release and charging handle is also great. Aridus has also done a much better job of keeping things in stock. In 2024 I see no reason to buy the GG&G product.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#26]

For the T-2 not as much as the P2, for the P2, I can adjust the zero, remove the battery cap, and remove the optic with the nano tool. I ended up buying the GG&G stuff because I waited almost 8 months for Aridus to get stuff back in stock. I don’t like what GG&G did and for that matter what Langdon did in regards to his relationship with Aridus. A lot of it was aired out over on PF and after reading what Langdon wrote about Aridus being inflexible when it comes to design changes or improvements as well as being always out of stock or over extended, I kind of understand why Langdon did what he did. I still don’t like it and to be honest GG&G could have made design changes instead of just doing a 1:1 copy. That said Aridus now has the better version IMO. Their V2 is a big improvement. The Aridus bolt release and charging handle is also great. Aridus has also done a much better job of keeping things in stock. In 2024 I see no reason to buy the GG&G product.
View Quote

I can sort of see that with the stock issues. I waited about a year to get a charging handle from Aridus.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#27]

I don’t have a single issue with you not liking the Zhukov. I explained my issue above. You incorrectly claimed the factory handguard has the same amount of mlok slots when it doesn’t. Then you claimed your action bar was “fully exposed” when it isn’t. My concern is you're exaggerating and posting incorrect info in tech simply because you don’t like something. You don’t like the forend, that is fine but don’t exaggerate and make false claims.
View Quote

Quote me saying that they have an equivalent number of slots. I said that I didn’t gain any usable mlok slots over the factory handguard. Which is mostly accurate (I can mount an mlok match saver now). 98% of sling mounts on the market utilize full mlok slots, not half. Even the single bolt mlok mounts still index on a full slot. Yes, I can modify those to work with a half slot, but that’s not the point. I could also modify the factory handguard to accept a sling mount independent of the factory mlok slots. What’s the difference at that point? You link some one off sling mount from some obscure company as a reference to validate your point. Sure, with a 3d printer, dremel tool, some spare hardware… I can make any of it work. But that’s not the point.

The point is to inform people that if you get the a300 Zhukov handguard, you are gaining a negligible amount of new mlok, and the bottom side mlok is now relocated to the rear of the handguard, which to some will be substantially less useful. If you’re using a hot button or similar switching solution, you’re gaining a half slot. If you have cable management at the 6 o’clock, you won’t be able to use it like that as the mlok is now all at the rear. You also gain a half slot on the right, which is great if you have anything to mount over there. The only thing I could see being useful over there is cable management (and a light, of course).

You also linked an mlok cone at the front of the handguard from aridus, which is annoying because it’s yet another thing needed to get it where it needs to be. That being said, I might actually buy that if I can get confirmation that it works with the a300.

I hear what you’re saying, but having the action bar now exposed when it previously was not is a negative. Whether that ever rears its head as a problem in the field is yet to be seen, but it’s just the reality of the situation. Your situation is an anecdote, and so is mine.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 3:47:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#28]
Attachment Attached File

Quote me saying that they have an equivalent number of slots. I said that I didn’t gain any usable mlok slots over the factory handguard. Which is mostly accurate (I can mount an mlok match saver now). 98% of sling mounts on the market utilize full mlok slots, not half. Even the single bolt mlok mounts still index on a full slot. Yes, I can modify those to work with a half slot, but that’s not the point. I could also modify the factory handguard to accept a sling mount independent of the factory mlok slots. What’s the difference at that point? You link some one off sling mount from some obscure company as a reference to validate your point. Sure, with a 3d printer, dremel tool, some spare hardware… I can make any of it work. But that’s not the point.

The point is to inform people that if you get the a300 Zhukov handguard, you are gaining a negligible amount of new mlok, and the bottom side mlok is now relocated to the rear of the handguard, which to some will be substantially less useful. If you’re using a hot button or similar switching solution, you’re gaining a half slot. If you have cable management at the 6 o’clock, you won’t be able to use it like that as the mlok is now all at the rear. You also gain a half slot on the right, which is great if you have anything to mount over there. The only thing I could see being useful over there is cable management (and a light, of course).

You also linked an mlok cone at the front of the handguard from aridus, which is annoying because it’s yet another thing needed to get it where it needs to be. That being said, I might actually buy that if I can get confirmation that it works with the a300.

I hear what you’re saying, but having the action bar now exposed when it previously was not is a negative. Whether that ever rears its head as a problem in the field is yet to be seen, but it’s just the reality of the situation. Your situation is an anecdote, and so is mine.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 6/9/2024 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Tried to. You kept at it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 5:51:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#30]

View All Quotes

Yep, expect to be called out when you say stuff that is factually inaccurate and exaggerating by claiming your action bar was fully exposed. You got called out on it, then tried to double down and claim that half mlok slots were not useful, two of us posted examples of that claim being also inaccurate as well. I get it, you’re embarrassed, but now you’re attempting to nickel and dime semantics and in the process drawing more and more attention to your mistake. Like I said before, it’s fine to not like something just be honest though and don’t make up BS claims in a vain attempt to justify the reason you don’t like something. You keep brining up cost so it is clear your only real hang up is that you think it is expensive. That is a valid observation. Making false claims and exaggerating isn’t necessary. You could have said; “I don’t like it because it doesn’t feel like something that should cost $200”, instead you claimed you got the same amount of mlok slots with the factory handguard, (you don’t), then you claimed the extra mlok slots on the Zhukov were not useable, (they are), and you claimed your action bar was “fully exposed”, (it isn’t). I don’t understand how this is lost on you. Except I don’t think it really is, which is why your initial claims have changed as you have continued to dig a hole. Just stop digging.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Yep, expect to be called out when you say stuff that is factually inaccurate and exaggerating by claiming your action bar was fully exposed. You got called out on it, then tried to double down and claim that half mlok slots were not useful, two of us posted examples of that claim being also inaccurate as well. I get it, you’re embarrassed, but now you’re attempting to nickel and dime semantics and in the process drawing more and more attention to your mistake. Like I said before, it’s fine to not like something just be honest though and don’t make up BS claims in a vain attempt to justify the reason you don’t like something. You keep brining up cost so it is clear your only real hang up is that you think it is expensive. That is a valid observation. Making false claims and exaggerating isn’t necessary. You could have said; “I don’t like it because it doesn’t feel like something that should cost $200”, instead you claimed you got the same amount of mlok slots with the factory handguard, (you don’t), then you claimed the extra mlok slots on the Zhukov were not useable, (they are), and you claimed your action bar was “fully exposed”, (it isn’t). I don’t understand how this is lost on you. Except I don’t think it really is, which is why your initial claims have changed as you have continued to dig a hole. Just stop digging.
View Quote

I said, verbatim, that I gained 0 usable mlok slots by switching handguard. That is factually accurate. I could up my count of mlok slots by putting them on the buttstock too, doesn’t mean they’re worth a shit. What actually happened, is you were referencing the 1301 handguard and even posted a picture of a 1301 with the handguard as your initial argument. If the a300 handguard had the same usable mlok slots as the 1301, it would be tits, but it doesn’t. Personally, I think you’re full of shit and assumed the a300 handguard was identical to the 1301 handguard.

I gained 1/2 of an mlok slot on the left, which does fuck all. I lost mlok slots at the front of the handguard at the 6 o’clock position. You’ve brought up one product, which you have to be completely gear queer to even know about, that would make that half slot work with the hot button. Great, you internet better than me. And it’s not just $200. You’ve linked $400 worth of shit if you include the cost of the handguard just to work around what I’ve pointed out as drawbacks.

Whatever dude, spend your money how you want. The factory handguard is better in a couple of ways to the Zhukov handguard. There’s pros and cons to most things that get mounted to shotguns. And to clarify, I’m not taking it off, selling it, asking for a refund, etc… but if anyone is in the market for one, think twice. The factory handguard does 98% of what the Zhukov does and it doesn’t expose the action bar. If you desperately need 1/2 an mlok slot left and right of the gun, spend away. Does rail scales make a half slot panel? Ooh, now I’m getting hard.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 9:05:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Signed up for the email notification from Beretta for the pro lifter. How difficult is it to install?
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 9:44:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#33]
Originally Posted By colklink:
Signed up for the email notification from Beretta for the pro lifter. How difficult is it to install?
View Quote

Super easy.

Beretta A300 Patrol - Pro Lifter Install (In Depth)

If you like step by step instructions.
https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?457304-Installing-a-Pro-lifter-on-Beretta-A300-Ultima-Patrol-amp-1301-Shotguns
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 9:53:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#34]

I said, verbatim, that I gained 0 usable mlok slots by switching handguard. That is factually accurate. I could up my count of mlok slots by putting them on the buttstock too, doesn’t mean they’re worth a shit. What actually happened, is you were referencing the 1301 handguard and even posted a picture of a 1301 with the handguard as your initial argument. If the a300 handguard had the same usable mlok slots as the 1301, it would be tits, but it doesn’t. Personally, I think you’re full of shit and assumed the a300 handguard was identical to the 1301 handguard.

I gained 1/2 of an mlok slot on the left, which does fuck all. I lost mlok slots at the front of the handguard at the 6 o’clock position. You’ve brought up one product, which you have to be completely gear queer to even know about, that would make that half slot work with the hot button. Great, you internet better than me. And it’s not just $200. You’ve linked $400 worth of shit if you include the cost of the handguard just to work around what I’ve pointed out as drawbacks.

Whatever dude, spend your money how you want. The factory handguard is better in a couple of ways to the Zhukov handguard. There’s pros and cons to most things that get mounted to shotguns. And to clarify, I’m not taking it off, selling it, asking for a refund, etc… but if anyone is in the market for one, think twice. The factory handguard does 98% of what the Zhukov does and it doesn’t expose the action bar. If you desperately need 1/2 an mlok slot left and right of the gun, spend away. Does rail scales make a half slot panel? Ooh, now I’m getting hard.
View All Quotes

My guy, you’re literally rambling at this point.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#35]
The pro lifter is the best thing I have done with my a300. I even value it over my optic. I outlined the tools I used and the most difficult part will probably be the tiny d ring that you often see mentioned. I used a needle nose pliers to reinstall my ring, but more skilled people probably don't need that.

On the subject above regarding the handguard. I think the rear m lok attachments would be wonderful to have as oem for a handguard. As mentioned above there are many choices for half m lok qd sling attachments. I don't wish to pay the cost of the aftermarket handguard, but what it offers, I wish I had. I do not like my 2 point sling as far forward as the forward m lok slots. I'd much rather attach the sling further rearward. My hope is that other products will come along to address this more cost effectively.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 12:26:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#36]
Originally Posted By takdriver:
The pro lifter is the best thing I have done with my a300. I even value it over my optic. I outlined the tools I used and the most difficult part will probably be the tiny d ring that you often see mentioned. I used a needle nose pliers to reinstall my ring, but more skilled people probably don't need that.

On the subject above regarding the handguard. I think the rear m lok attachments would be wonderful to have as oem for a handguard. As mentioned above there are many choices for half m lok qd sling attachments. I don't wish to pay the cost of the aftermarket handguard, but what it offers, I wish I had. I do not like my 2 point sling as far forward as the forward m lok slots. I'd much rather attach the sling further rearward. My hope is that other products will come along to address this more cost effectively.
View Quote

I agree with both sentiments. The Pro lifter is a must have. Honestly I have no idea why Beretta is even bothering to make two parts for their tactical and comp lines. The Pro lifter should be standard across the board.

As for the sling, the rear mlok slot is useful to mount a sling. I have three front sling points on my gun. The furthest out is great when I need to carry it slung for long periods of time. It offers the most control and keeps the gun close to my body. The second point is where I keep it most of the time, it offers a good balance of flexibility and control. Finally the rear slot is there when I need to maneuver more and need more flexibility to transition shoulders. The down side is that position offers the least amount of control since it gives the most slack in the sling.

Attachment Attached File

You can probably make a QD cup on the rear of the factory forend with the kit from GrovTec.

https://grovtec.com/collections/bases-flush-cups
GROVTEC TIPS - QD Base Breakdown (Ep. 1)

I believe this is the version you’d need to give your factory forend and stock flush QD cups.
https://grovtec.com/products/hollow-stock-push-button-base-gthm198-coming-soon

In stock and cheaper on Amazon.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#37]

I agree with both sentiments. The Pro lifter is a must have. Honestly I have no idea why Beretta is even bothering to make two parts for their tactical and comp lines. The Pro lifter should be standard across the board.

As for the sling, the rear mlok slot is useful to mount a sling. I have three front sling points on my gun. The furthest out is great when I need to carry it slung for long periods of time. It offers the most control and keeps the gun close to my body. The second point is where I keep it most of the time, it offers a good balance of flexibility and control. Finally the rear slot is there when I need to maneuver more and need more flexibility to transition shoulders. The down side is that position offers the least amount of control since it gives the most slack in the sling.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7684_jpeg-3237361.JPG

You can probably make a QD cup on the rear of the factory forend with the kit from GrovTec.

https://grovtec.com/collections/bases-flush-cups
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbBhmxNhXkc

I believe this is the version you’d need to give your factory forend and stock flush QD cups.
https://grovtec.com/products/hollow-stock-push-button-base-gthm198-coming-soon

In stock and cheaper on Amazon.
View Quote

The a300 action bar interferes with using the rear mlok slot on the zhukov. There is a point about 2-3” back from the forward mlok slots that would allow the grovtech cup on the factory handguard if you’re right handed. The right side is much more open.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Unless your shooting timed, I don't see the point in a pro lifter. How much faster are you going to load a round, a tenth of a second? What I would and did replace is the plastic mag cover that holds your forend and barrel on. And I would pick up spare trigger assembly. If something is going to break on that gun it's going to be in there, like mine.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Got my pro lifter in today. Nice upgrade. About a 15min install.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By greyeyezz:
Unless your shooting timed, I don't see the point in a pro lifter. How much faster are you going to load a round, a tenth of a second? What I would and did replace is the plastic mag cover that holds your forend and barrel on. And I would pick up spare trigger assembly. If something is going to break on that gun it's going to be in there, like mine.
View Quote

With a sample size of 1 (me), the difference was significant. There is a drill that can be done with the shotgun that really demonstrates this.

Begin with fully loaded shotgun. Instructor calls out 1 shot, then 2 shot, then another 2 shot and so on. Forget accuracy for this drill, the whole point is to not allow the shotgun to run dry, so you are topping off the tube as fast as you can. The lifter mod allowed me to fumble and drop less shells because my hand could find the opening so much easier.

The pro lifter is a must have.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

I did replace those parts. Everyone says the pro lifter is the best mod you can make?
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By colklink:

I did replace those parts. Everyone says the pro lifter is the best mod you can make?
View Quote

It’s worthwhile if you can get it at a reasonable price. The tips of my gloves get worn out after shooting and loading a bunch. Probably 1 pair every 8-12 months. Once they start getting chewed up in the thumbs, the elevator starts to grab them. This happens the worst on the 870, with the beretta being close behind it. With the pro lifter it’s a non issue. I say that this is the biggest benefit.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 11:27:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Oh BTW Beretta replaced the cartridge latch assembly and lifter assembly per the CS lady. Will see if there's paperwork when i pick it up tomorrow. Gone almost 6 weeks.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 12:25:57 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

It’s not so much about speed but ease of use, especially under stress. Continuity of fire is very hard to maintain when using a tube fed shotgun, especially on a two way range. Anything that speeds that process along is welcome. That is the real advantage of the pro lifter. Necessary? No, you can get by with the factory lifter but why should you when it’s such a cheap and simple upgrade. You already spent $1,000+ on a fighting shotgun, at that point what is another $65 to make life a little easier. That’s my take on it anyways.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 12:34:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Oh BTW Beretta replaced the cartridge latch assembly and lifter assembly per the CS lady. Will see if there's paperwork when i pick it up tomorrow. Gone almost 6 weeks.
View Quote

Any manufacture can have issues. Buy enough guns and you will eventually get a lemon. I’ve had to take guns back to Glock, send guns back to Beretta, H&K, S&W, and Daniel Defense. Beretta is really still trying to get their feet under themselves after their move to Gallatin, TN. They have had a lot more QC problems and slow repair issues there. In their defense, the Accokeek, Maryland facility had almost 40 years of practice so they had everything dialed in pretty well. The Gallatin crew is new, with multiple new products but they seem to be getting better though.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#46]
So I put the word out to several shops I do business with to let me know if they got one in.  I found one a couple of months ago, and am quite happy with it.

One of the shops called me and told me the A300UP I ordered came in.  Oops.  So as to not screw the guy, I picked it up yesterday.

The second one has the grey receiver, which is fine, and the 5-round mag vs the 7-round one, which is not ideal for me.  Crap, didn't even know that was an option to specify.

Is there a recommended quality, simple way to swap the mag capacity up to 7 on this one?
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 9:22:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#47]
Originally Posted By TAP:
So I put the word out to several shops I do business with to let me know if they got one in.  I found one a couple of months ago, and am quite happy with it.

One of the shops called me and told me the A300UP I ordered came in.  Oops.  So as to not screw the guy, I picked it up yesterday.

The second one has the grey receiver, which is fine, and the 5-round mag vs the 7-round one, which is not ideal for me.  Crap, didn't even know that was an option to specify.

Is there a recommended quality, simple way to swap the mag capacity up to 7 on this one?
View Quote

Nordic Components Beretta 1301 Tactical Kit works for the A300. It is IMO the best extension for the 1301/A300. This is the full kit that comes with the sling mount, rail and clamp. You do want to replace the spring that comes with it to a Wolff extra power mag spring. The extension will be flush with the end of your barrel. There are cheaper versions but that part is a buy once, cry once kind of deal. If you scroll up, you can see what it looks like installed on my 1301.

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/magazines/shotgun-magazines/mxt-complete-extension-package-for-beretta-1301a300-tactical/
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 12:51:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LowRez] [#48]

In the thousand or so shells I have through an A300 with the Zhukov handguard and the tens of thousands of shells I have through the 1301 with the Zhukov handguard and it’s dual action bars, I’ve never experienced a single issue with that tiny 1/4” gap in the handguard. Not in the rain, snow, mud, dirt, heat and cold through multiple classes and a few competitions. Additionally I’ve yet to hear about or read about that exposed gap causing a single problem for anyone and there are people who have been running the Zhukov handguard for years of far harder use and way more shells than I have. There is a huge thread over on Pistol forum about both the 1301 and A300 and lots of experience shared about both guns and accessories like the Zhukov handguard. You are complaining about nothing except that you spent $200 and have a regret now and are looking for reasons to justify your buyers remorse. You don’t think the extra mlok slots are useful, that’s fine. The tiny little gap isn’t fully exposed and you’re concerned about nothing. You are making a mountain out of a molehill. If you’re really that hung up on it though, GG&G does make a heat shield that covers up that little gap.

View Quote

man, thanks for all the info on this thread! you are clearly awesome!

I would really like to know how you keep your guns looking so perfect, so museum quality style after "tens of thousands of rounds"?

I mean, one class I take with my shotguns they totally show a considerable amount of ware after 6 to 800 rounds through them, especially around the ejection port. I hate that.

it sucks, please share how you keep yours looking so perfect after so much shooting, I really want to know your secrets!!!!

I mean, fuckin ell! tens of thousands of rounds and zero visible wear on the gun?!?!?

BTW by tens of thousands of rounds, do you mean 20 thousand, 30 thousand, 40 thousand? WOW!!!! how many are you talking here?
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 9:20:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#49]
Originally Posted By LowRez:

I would really like to know how you keep your guns looking so perfect, so museum quality style after "tens of thousands of rounds"?

I mean, one class I take with my shotguns they totally show a considerable amount of ware after 6 to 800 rounds through them, especially around the ejection port. I hate that.

it sucks, please share how you keep yours looking so perfect after so much shooting, I really want to know your secrets!!!!

I mean, fuckin ell! tens of thousands of rounds and zero visible wear on the gun?!?!?

BTW by tens of thousands of rounds, do you mean 20 thousand, 30 thousand, 40 thousand? WOW!!!! how many are you talking here?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LowRez:

I have more than one 1301. I have a Gen 1 that has been in use since 2016 and was finally replaced with my Gen 2 in 2023. If your ejection port is dirty and showing wear after 600 shells you might want to get that checked out. Don’t let that slow you down with your attempted trolling though.

If you’d like to educate yourself about the 1301 I recommend PF. As I said, there are guys with more rounds than me through them and using various accessories. Lots of vetting has gone into the 1301 and now the A300.  https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?10177-Beretta-1301-Tactical
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 9:28:05 AM EDT
[#50]

It’s worthwhile if you can get it at a reasonable price. The tips of my gloves get worn out after shooting and loading a bunch. Probably 1 pair every 8-12 months. Once they start getting chewed up in the thumbs, the elevator starts to grab them. This happens the worst on the 870, with the beretta being close behind it. With the pro lifter it’s a non issue. I say that this is the biggest benefit.
View Quote

Backordered one through eurooptic.

I guess we will see how long it takes!
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top