Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2022 12:27:50 AM EDT
Who has an ARX?
Will Beretta ever offer a sbr exchange kit again?
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 12:34:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I do.

And maybe.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 1:21:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I love my ARX.

No word on SBR kits ever being offered again. It seems like it's not in current production but Arms Unlimited keeps getting restocks. BOTACH had factory SBR's about 2 years ago, so many infact they broke them up and sold them as parts kits. Best way to get a SBR kit right now, aside from chopping the factory barrel, is to watch gunbroker/favorite auction site. Keep and eye out for both ARX barrels and parts kits as the BOTACH part kits can resurface.

Here's the master thread for the ARX btw, lot's of resources there

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/OMG-IT-LIVES-News-information-and-reviews-on-the-Beretta-ARX-100-Now-discontinued-/2-368665/&page=115
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 7:25:59 AM EDT
[#3]
What’s an excellent, low mileage factory SBR barrel worth?
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 8:20:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I would look around for a factory SBR. I've been pretty happy with mine.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I SBR’d mine a couple of years ago after picking up the 10 inch barrel directly from Beretta for about $350 during a sale. So glad I got it when I did. Too bad the gun sucks to shoot suppressed. For that reason, it pretty much stays in my safe.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 11:48:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve owned an ARX for about 5 years now. I really like it. It’s an exceptional design but could’ve been even better with a little more thought. The pic rails on the sides kind of suck. The pic rail on top could be more secure. There’s a perceptible amount of play between the barrel and its circular junction with the front of the receiver. Not major complaints, but they could certainly be better. I’ve been hoping for a 300 blackout barrel.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 1:15:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Beretta should've released the ARX200. Look at that bad boy:

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 7:39:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Beretta's marketing team couldn't find a hooker in a whore house.  They never provide products people want, when they want them.  

-Everyone who wanted an ARX got tired of waiting years of teasing and just moved on to real guns.  
Then after it was finally released (competing with $400 AR15s at $1500+ price point) They then  decide  toonly pulled the ARX from production when everyone wanted it during the great gun surge of US rioting.

-Ignored any consideration for modularity for swapping stocks, grips, furniture, offered no accessories (apparently Beretta is the only company that doesn't believe in profiting from accessories)

-The M92A3 they push only after being usurped by the Sig.

T-hey never introduced a PCC in the US other than that thumbhole stocked crap thing.  Yep thumbhole stock - everyone loved them so much they still make it today!

I guess their happy selling high end shotguns and variants of the M92.  

Their recent designs of Non 92 based handgun offerings (especially concealed carry types) are largely reminiscent of Remington's crap pistols.
I love Beretta guns and my ARX, but please get your crap together Beretta.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

This and an ARX-100 pistol with a picatinny rail where the stock hinge would be.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 3:11:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Find one and buy it yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Got 2 of them from Buds when they were blowing them out for $799.

Also got 2 of the parts kits from Botach. BCG, lower, stock, sights, soft case, 2 mags, etc. Everything except for the upper and barrel. $499. Figured they'd be discontinued at some point in time, so wanted to make sure I had parts to keep them running for my great great grandkids or something.

Overall a pretty well thought-out design. Since most everything in it is polymer, minimal lubrication is required. The ambi functionality is neat too.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I’ve owned an ARX for about 5 years now. I really like it. It’s an exceptional design but could’ve been even better with a little more thought. The pic rails on the sides kind of suck. The pic rail on top could be more secure. There’s a perceptible amount of play between the barrel and its circular junction with the front of the receiver. Not major complaints, but they could certainly be better. I’ve been hoping for a 300 blackout barrel.
View Quote

Unfortunately, the ARX was done in 2008, years before Mlok the finalized spec was released in 2014, & Keymod doesn't work with plastic vanguards (which is what motivared Magpul to create Mlok).
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I wish I had gotten one when they were under $800.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:29:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:15:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd bet it get $1k, or more.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Who has an ARX?
Will Beretta ever offer a sbr exchange kit again?
View Quote

I post Betetta's response, from April 2021, on the other lenghty ARX thread -

Thank you for contacting the Beretta USA Online Products Store

It looks like that kit is not available currently, and we do not have an ETA as to when or if it will be offered on our website.

We thank you for choosing Beretta.

Best regards,

Beretta Customer Support
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 2:22:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell, If thats the case as soon as i'm bored with mine it will go up for sale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top