User Panel

Beretta PMXS (Page 3 of 3)
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BorderDave:
Does this firearm have any advantages over a CZ Scorpion that costs about half the price of this?
View Quote

Before or after the Scorpion breaks?
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:19:37 AM EDT
[#2]
It looks like one of those tec-9's or whatever they were called.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]
This thread is a little lacking in pics, so here's the art of possible with factory doodads:
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 1:03:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnCarter17] [#4]
Originally Posted By johnhd:

Easy solution - use KCI B&T Mags for $30 a pop.  Can't do much about the plastic stock, but there are plenty of platforms that use all-polymer folders and hold up just fine (APC, UMP, G36, Vector, Sig 55X, Bren 2 just to name a few).  You should see how much a new polymer 553 stock costs...

Also for anyone looking, I created a subreddit with a user manual link (since Beretta doesn't include one in the box) and a running list of links for accessories:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BerettaPMX
View Quote

Thanks for the mash info and manual link.

Any feedback on the KCI B&T mags?
I think I read in a review that the only effective difference is the feed lips, which on the OEM allow better feeding of hollow points.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:34:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimr2] [#5]
All I run on my B&Ts and the PMXs are the KCI magazines. I've had zero issues with them feeding all types of ammo. Only issues I've seen about the KCI mags are with the TP9 and not feeding flat nose and HPs.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:01:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JohnCarter17:

Before or after the Scorpion breaks?
View Quote

LOL what?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:34:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnCarter17] [#7]
Originally Posted By Frens:

LOL what?
View Quote

LOL

Some attribution to ammo, OOB firing, etc.
CZ forums
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:03:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frens] [#8]

Glocks have been doing that before internet.
Any gun can kaboom. Still own my Glock.

Shitty ammo or reloads is my guess.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Some blame the soft metal CZ used in the bolt and striker block causing peening over time contributing to the OBD.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 2:37:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By stimr2:
Some blame the soft metal CZ used in the bolt and striker block causing peening over time contributing to the OBD.
View Quote

Yeah I’ve seen those pics..
I don’t know.. I have the oldest Evo on arfcom (2013 released in EU) and I’ve never experienced the horror issues reported on the US models…

I’m not an expert but a complete OOB detonation seems an unrealistic situation to me… the hammer would impact the carrier instead of the FP.

A couple of milliliters before a round is being completely chambered the FPB is engaged but I think that’s not enough to cause a kaboom.

Now if we introduce aluminum case ammo that would be a different story….
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#11]
On sale at the moment
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/2/2024 1:08:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 9:28:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent] [#14]
Last Stand:  Any experience with the PMXs that indicate ammo-pickiness?   Not so much hollow-points, but bullet weights, charges, etc?   Will it run 100% on cheap old Winchester White Box 115g FMJ, or does it need 124g to run 100%?  

Link Posted: 6/10/2024 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Kent:
Alright alright alright ...  the current PMXS price has pretty much wore me down and exhausted my resistance.   A man can only withstand so much.

Last Stand:  Any experience with the PMXs that indicate ammo-pickiness?   Not so much hollow-points, but bullet weights, charges, etc?   Will it run 100% on cheap old Winchester White Box 115g FMJ, or does it need 124g to run 100%?  

Any final words of discouragement to dissuade me?
View Quote

I am also curious about the ammo bit.  In addition to bullet weights and loads, has anybody tried flat nose rounds?
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 2:04:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Do any binary trigger options work with it?
I think I remember reading that the B&T Franklin trigger would work with the P26.
If one can be made to work, is there anything to prevent an OOB issue?

If these prices stay the same, or drop, I plan to pick one up this year.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 10:35:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sabre331] [#17]
Haven't shot mine yet, I've been waiting on a brace from A3 , it's supposed to arrive Friday , I'll run some different rounds through it  this weekend , see if there's any problems with hollow points or flat nose and The different grain ammo
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 8:08:48 AM EDT
[#18]
I ran several mags of 124 grain bulk 9mm through mine without issue, same goes for some flat-nose 147 subsonic stuff a buddy of mine brought with us to the range. Ate everything I put through it with no issues.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 2:58:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent] [#19]
Well, the $799 price (after rebate) claims another victim.   I'm pretty happy with it so far.  

FYI - I think the $150 rebate ends June 30, so not much time left.   Also, Beretta has a 20% off sitewide sale for Father's Day weekend, including PMX mags and the factory picatinny rail end cap.  So, "right now" seems to be a good time to jump if you're wanting one.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By johnhd:
This thread is a little lacking in pics, so here's the art of possible with factory doodads:
View Quote

Thats hot.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 7:57:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Kent:
Well, the $799 price (after rebate) claims another victim.   I'm pretty happy with it so far.  

FYI - I think the $150 rebate ends June 30, so not much time left.   Also, Beretta has a 20% off sitewide sale for Father's Day weekend, including PMX mags and the factory picatinny rail end cap.  So, "right now" seems to be a good time to jump if you're wanting one.
View Quote

Yeah $800 for these is a steal.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Too bad Beretta doesn’t go back to making the PM12 and offer a semi pistol in the US.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:
Too bad Beretta doesn’t go back to making the PM12 and offer a semi pistol in the US.
View Quote

Some Asian (?) company that used to make them under license is supposed to bring it to the market in semiauto… I recall a video from shot show 2024
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Some Asian (?) company that used to make them under license is supposed to bring it to the market in semiauto… I recall a video from shot show 2024
View Quote

Yes I saw that with enthusiasm.  I believe it was Pindad in Indonesia.  I think they have a way to go with all the approvals and paperwork that would need to be done, but it is promising.

A PM-12 clone with a tail hook brace would be a fun "handgun"

Interesting they refer to the clone as "roller locked delayed blowback"  I sort of doubt it but interesting if so (it has to be closed bolt ) so maybe - but it looks like they just took a stock and grip off the SMG for public interest.

https://www.guns.com/news/2024/01/29/license-made-fnc-bm-59-and-pm12-headed-to-us-from-pindad-of-indonesia
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Just picked up a PMX!

Apparently, someone is making ole' school PM12S style foregrips for the PMX. I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone have a lead?

Grazie!
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 6:35:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: willi3d] [#26]
Where are you guys that have SBR’d the PMXS putting the engraving?   Got my F1 approved, but haven’t decided on a good location on the receiver to engrave it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By lavgrunt:
Just picked up a PMX!

Apparently, someone is making ole' school PM12S style foregrips for the PMX. I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone have a lead?

Grazie!
View Quote

Here you go! CSM Retro VFG (Beretta M12 Style)
https://customsmithmfg.com/shop/ols/products/csm-retro-vfg-beretta-m12-style

Link Posted: 7/31/2024 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Glocks have been doing that before internet.
Any gun can kaboom. Still own my Glock.

Shitty ammo or reloads is my guess.
View Quote

That last pic’s ammo looks for sure like an overcharge rather than an OOB.

The extent of damage in these pics are also more consistent with overcharge than OOB.

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 4:10:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnCarter17] [#29]
So here she is after the Form 1

Attachment Attached File

What case fits it? I don't want a full rifle and would like something shorter.

It's a bit heavier than I expected, more than an AR PCC would be.

I don't know if I am sold on the MI foregrip.

The stock is MI Alpha
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Ronin50cal:

Here you go! CSM Retro VFG (Beretta M12 Style)
https://customsmithmfg.com/shop/ols/products/csm-retro-vfg-beretta-m12-style

View Quote

AWESOME! Thank you........
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Beretta PMXS (Page 3 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top