Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2024 2:58:10 PM EDT
Ok, first I don't want a multi-year wait for a build!  I don't expect record time either unless I buy one already built or used.

What does the HK-5SD market looking like these days?  Am I better off buying an SP-5L and doing a minimal conversion?  Or can I do a receiver flat build and save some money?

Initially I am thinking Dakota Tactical but, Michael's Machines is another I have reached out to.  I also have a line out to a couple of lesser known builders with good reputations.

TIA,
Sid
p.s.  I'm asking about the can in the suppressor sub-forum.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 2:13:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I used a new SP5L and had Ralph at RDTS do my SD conversion.  He quoted 6 months and it took over 2 years.  

His son Ralph Jr has his own FFL and seems to have a shorter wait time.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 7:22:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought an MP5SDk from Ralph jr. I think it’s my favorite gun. It’s built off off an SP5k. If you’re thinking you might want a seat host probably might want to avoid the SP5 versions as they aren’t seat friendly.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LVJD:
I bought an MP5SDk from Ralph jr. I think it's my favorite gun. It's built off off an SP5k. If you're thinking you might want a seat host probably might want to avoid the SP5 versions as they aren't seat friendly.
View Quote

With sears running ~$50K these days, I don't see one in my future unless I win the lottery someday.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 9:11:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Elvis121] [#4]
B&T apparently converted some HK SP5's to SD's.  Arms Unlimited is selling them for $6.5k with the suppressor included.  If I had the scratch I'd order one but I blew gun money on the APC9SD and I'm pretty sure these will sell out before I can free up the funds.

https://armsunlimited.com/heckler-koch-hk-sp5sd-suppressed-9mm-semi-auto-pistol

Edited to add:  Nevermind, looks like they sold out.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Elvis121:
B&T apparently converted some HK SP5's to SD's.  Arms Unlimited is selling them for $6.5k with the suppressor included.  If I had the scratch I'd order one but I blew gun money on the APC9SD and I'm pretty sure these will sell out before I can free up the funds.

https://armsunlimited.com/heckler-koch-hk-sp5sd-suppressed-9mm-semi-auto-pistol

Edited to add:  Nevermind, looks like they sold out.
View Quote

@sidpost

Arms unlimited sent out an email and these are showing back in stock if you want the real deal HK modified to SD configuration by B&T.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 11:13:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Michaels Machines has German SD cages and SD cocking tubes. If going for a build on an SP5, that’s the route I’d take to have a full German build.

Ralph Jr and DT are great options too.

Hitech Arms is run by one of the former owners of TPA and makes SD clones using RCM parts to include an RCM E-bolt. https://hitecarms.com/product/hitec-hp5sd-pistol/
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm getting ready to build one based on a new Zenith receiver "blem" in the white Ordered most of the bits today, Receiver awaits me at the dealer.

Parts from HkParts.net.

Planning to do pretty thorough Documentation of the process to include the Form 1.

Going to use the HTA suppressor with it but will be testing with a Factory Hk unit.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 12:30:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: awd_xtc] [#8]
https://roninarmsaz.com/ra5-sd-full-build/ might be worth looking at, there is a good video on YouTube from the 1911 syndicate
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 2:14:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoshNC] [#9]
Originally Posted By awd_xtc:
https://roninarmsaz.com/ra5-sd-full-build/ might be worth looking at, there is a good video on YouTube from the 1911 syndicate
View Quote

Ronin is $6500 for what is near certainly RCM based. HiTech, also RCM based, is $4800 for a complete SBR with can. No way I’d pay an extra $1700 for a Ronin.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, if you go with a conversion from a standard MP5 or Zenith, it won't be 1:1 without replacing some parts like the cocking tube.

You can get one that's already built for about $4K from Hi-Tec Arms.

Mine's a build from a German parts kit with on an LSC flat.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top