Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2019 4:38:06 PM EDT
I’m looking to get my 1st suppressor and I mainly shoot 9mm pistols and 22LR(bench rested rifle). I am looking at the Liberty Infiniti 9mm model with a 22LR adaptor. I would like to spend under $600 but would be willing to wait and save if necessary.

Is this a good option? Are there better options?
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at the Hybrid 46.

For a few more bucks, you can get a can that can handle everything.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look at the Hybrid 46.

For a few more bucks, you can get a can that can handle everything.
View Quote
The Hybrid 46 does not come apart for cleaning.    OP said he plans on shooting .22 rimfire which is filthy and will cause lead and priming compounds to build up.    A Liberty Infiniti will serve you well, but after some time, you will get tired of the added size and weight compared to a dedicated .22 suppressor.   The Griffin Armament Optimus is another option.   At some point though, you will get tired of moving the suppressor from host to host and then realizing you forgot the booster or fixed barrel adapter at home.

My advice is to pick which caliber you want to suppress the most and get a dedicated suppressor for that caliber/ use.

This will mean more suppressors eventually, but lets face it... you will have more than one anyway and it won't take long.

Most folks get a .30 caliber rifle suppressor, 9mm or .45 can for pistol use and then a dedicated .22 LR can.    It costs more, but its so much nicer not having to move cans around or bring a whole box of mounts and accessories to fit all of your hosts.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#3]
You could also just invest $100 into a sonic cleaner and then you’d never have to take anything apart, anyway...
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Any 9mm suppressor with all stainless internals will work well enough on dirty rimfire until you decide a nice-sized dedicated rimfire suppressor is worth it.  Griffin Revolution or Rugged Obsidian can take Griffin's .22 front cap or 9mm flash hider wipe-capable front cap but those really aren't necessary if you shoot rimfire in those full length.

The Hybrid or Optimus are full centerfire rifle rated.  You'd need an industrial sized ultrasonic to strip the paint off a Hybrid.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I could be totally wrong, but my theory is that putting any sealed non-aluminium can into an ultrasonic cleaner is only going to potentially damage the finish.  I suppose really shot cans could have issues with chunks being dislodged creating obstructions.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I could be totally wrong, but my theory is that putting any sealed non-aluminium can into an ultrasonic cleaner is only going to potentially damage the finish.  I suppose really shot cans could have issues with chunks being dislodged creating obstructions.
View Quote
The hybrids are titanium and stainless.

Just bought one for myself - Waiting on the form 3.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 10:27:17 PM EDT
[#7]
This is a lot to digest. As for what I will shoot most, my only threaded barrels right now are 22LR. A Ruger 10/22 and I’m looking at the new Taurus TX22 pistol. I think a 22 can would be the best option if I had to pick a caliber
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 11:02:07 PM EDT
[#8]
If you can swing an extra $300 get a 9mm that comes with a $100 .22 can.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 1:07:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is a lot to digest. As for what I will shoot most, my only threaded barrels right now are 22LR. A Ruger 10/22 and I’m looking at the new Taurus TX22 pistol. I think a 22 can would be the best option if I had to pick a caliber
View Quote
Everyone should get a rimfire can.
It’s the gateway drug into NFA...
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 2:21:45 AM EDT
[#10]
For 9 I would look at the obsidian 9

You can shoot 22 out of that but a dedicated 22 can down the line would be better
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 2:30:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Octane 9, until you break down and buy a dedicated 22LR can, I have two 22LR cans, one Spectre II for the multi-caliber support (22mag, 22LR, 17hmr), and a Warlock for 22LR only mostly on pistols due to weight 3oz vs 6oz.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I would for sure get a mystic over an infinity. Cosmic might be an even better option for the added versatility. Yes, the mystic is heavier, but for 22lr stainless internals you can dip is mandatory. In my experience Lead deposits do not come off in a vibratory cleander. Also, the mystic has been lighter and quieter o every host and caliber I have very tried it on than the hybrid. Also, the hybrid does not come apart.

But I echo the expensive calls to get a rimfire can as well. It's 1/3 the weight and size and overall my favorite suppressor platform.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 11:19:15 PM EDT
[#13]
For 22 rifle and 9mm pistol I'd take a look at the Liberty Centurion.  No firsthand experience yet.  Still pending but I have had a Mystic for a while and like it. The size and weight of the Centurion should work well for your needs
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I was all set to buy a centurion until I watched twang and bangs video where he liked it, but it seemed to have a very loud first round pop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top