Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/20/2024 5:54:50 PM EDT
A large number of these USAF UFWP contract tubes recently hit the market via a new table-top builder. These are current production Air Force aviation tubes and are being openly sold in social media groups, such as reddit and discord.

I highly advise you to avoid them.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Flatrangefudd:
A large number of these USAF UFWP contract tubes recently hit the market via a new table-top builder. These are current production Air Force aviation tubes and are being openly sold in social media groups, such as reddit and discord.

View Quote

why
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gaspain:

why
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

why

Yes why?
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#3]

why
View Quote

Because they are government property. Either they were mistakenly released to the public, or more likely, they were stolen.  

Not long ago, we had quite the fiasco in this community with stolen tubes being sold on this site and a lot of innocent people were negatively impacted.

This is just a PSA to avoid another incident like that one.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, but is there proof of all this? or is this a way for you to depress the sales so you can buy them?
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 6:24:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mach] [#5]

Because they are government property. Either they were mistakenly released to the public, or more likely, they were stolen.  

Not long ago, we had quite the fiasco in this community with stolen tubes being sold on this site and a lot of innocent people were negatively impacted.

View All Quotes

why

well which is it.

where they mistakenly released to the public and if so by whom, because that would obviously be documented.

or

They were stolen, which would also be documented.

What is the name of the table top builder?

You are being too vague. Please provide more detail.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 9:09:09 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

So you created an account in Jan and you drop this as your first which speculates but yet you speak of a previous fiasco on this forum .
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#7]
This is such a weird conspiracy theory. Don't buy these tubes or OSI will knock down your door lmfao.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I have second hand confirmation that the OP is most likely correct and these are most likely .gov property.
Take that as you will, I don't really care otherwise.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 10:44:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#9]
Originally Posted By bbridson:
This is such a weird conspiracy theory. Don't buy these tubes or OSI will knock down your door lmfao.
View Quote

Fwiw, from someone who had NCIS at their door recently over a mistake on their part, the visits aren't a joke. Their visit to my house was for items way less valuable and more trivial than image tubes.

I always thought these fed visits were a joke until it happened to me. Even when you haven't committed a crime it's still damaging to have them block your street off, show up at your doorstep flashing guns at you, presenting all your forum message logs printed out, and freaking out your wife, kids, and neighbors. No crime needs to be committed, that's just their nice way of asking questions.

To OPs credit, he is right about preventing innocent people from being harassed. So thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 2:30:07 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

@flatrangefudd Is there any reason to withhold the name of the website selling these?
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 2:57:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#11]
Originally Posted By Merg:

@flatrangefudd Is there any reason to withhold the name of the website selling these?
View All Quotes

"being openly sold on reddit and discord"

You just need to be familiar with reddit. It's not a business/website selling them. It's just like the equipment exchange here, private individuals list stuff for sale.

There was a big incident about a year ago involving more than a dozen stolen anvis units sold to unsuspecting buyers on reddit. Several people, if not all, were subjected to NCIS in person questioning over it. It's not uncommon unfortunately.

The discord is essentially an extension of the Reddit group
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 7:53:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Flatrangefudd] [#12]
Ok, but is there proof of all this? or is this a way for you to depress the sales so you can buy them?
View All Quotes

Proof, no. Significant circumstantial evidence  yes. Regardless, it doesn’t matter. The governments position has always been that their property is their property. A 1597 marked tube is only made for the Air Force and being that it’s a night vision component means there is no lawful way it could end up in the public.

Originally Posted By bbridson:

This is not a conspiracy theory. This sort of thing is common.

They’re being sold by a few different people who all appear to be associated with each other on social media platforms. The specific vendor that sells them on their website is called SNRIndustries.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 8:56:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chosos] [#13]
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 9:46:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#16]
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Will:

Agreed. Super bad deal. It's actually a good example to demonstrate that there are risks. ETA: in the used market. Although, there were also a few small companies but big names (or at least big back in the day) who skipped out with people's money or product
View Quote

@TNVC_Will do guys at TNVC suspect these tubes might be stolen or legit?
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 10:26:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 12:37:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WILSON] [#20]
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 1:15:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Flatrangefudd] [#21]
Originally Posted By WILSON:
@Flatrangefudd, can you tell me who you (& how you know this) are via IM?
View Quote

No.

Any greater detail could be obstructing an ongoing investigation. I’m just here to keep honest guys out of trouble, not start drama.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 4:01:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 4:17:32 PM EDT
[#23]

No.

Any greater detail could be obstructing an ongoing investigation. I’m just here to keep honest guys out of trouble, not start drama.
View All Quotes
@Flatrangefudd, can you tell me who you (& how you know this) are via IM?

No.

Are you supposed to tell the people being investigated that there is an active investigation?
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#24]

I think you're just a troll, and I intend to lock your account unless you can post some credible documentation regarding your claims.  
View Quote

Well I have been paying attention to the situation and the original poster on reddit has scrubbed all mention, photos, and posts regarding those tubes already. Only viewable with a link if you previously copied it down.

Probably not a coincidence.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#25]
SNR here. I took down the post because of this post. Prior to paying the invoice I called around to OSI, NCIS, and various AF Supply Units. Many of these tubes have been in circulation for awhile due to the old 3-Hole PSU and have EP’s, BURNT out MCP’s, and purple photocathodes. Multiple dealers have purchased 1597 tubes prior to me and serials number have been ran countless times with phone calls and email record chains with OSI, DLA Aviation & multiple AF supply centers contacted to get clarification on things- so far everyone has told me they are fine to sell. If there IS actually an activate investigation, then 1: why would OP make a arfcom post about it and 2: if he wanted to keep honest people out of trouble why not message me?

I feel like I did a TON of due diligence, but if 1 person is saying there’s an issue then ofc I’m going to flush that out before proceeding. OP feel free to contact me and maybe we can link up our OSI & Supply folks to figure out where the disconnect is if there is one.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 6:15:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Merg] [#26]
Edited to see where this goes. Hopefully everything is all good to go!
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 2:00:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnDough] [#27]

I think you're just a troll, and I intend to lock your account unless you can post some credible documentation regarding your claims.  
View Quote

My read is that buddy is out of line offering this info but because they aren't a dick, they're still offering it. Its up to the recipient of this message to benefit.

-or-

A competitor or someone with something the gain by harming sellers.
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

What is your other handle on ARF and is that handle also posting in this thread?
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 11:24:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By chosos:
That Lamneth thing was just bad all the way around. What are the odds that an industry insider who held patents on NV tech was stealing tubes from ASU to resell them on an internet forum. I even fell victim to it. :-(
View Quote

Yeah I got caught up in the Lemneth scandal. The DHS agent went above and beyond on getting our money back even though the prosecuting DA was against it. The 2 major NV vendors here went above and way beyond by offering discounts to replace tubes or complete NODs. I was one of the unfortunate ones and was about to be out 4.5K but fortunately I got 100% of my money back thanks to agent Hunter Durham who has now passed. Lemneth was an established member with over 200 positive feedback on the EE IIRC which is what it seemed like no to low risk. It's always a pucker factor when I see a good deal on the EE or other forums, but if rather pass then get a knock on the door by DHS or any other agency trying to recover grey market aka fell off the truck kit.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 5:26:53 AM EDT
[#30]
SNR Industries has been black listed on r/nightvision associated discord for long time now. I know reddit mods are watching this closely.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 7:56:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#32]
1597 are always mil-contract tubes, so always cavete emptor on them.

Army CID and the equivalent AF organization should be contacted.  Unless of course these are known to be from a particular navy contract.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 11:31:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ar15Niel] [#33]

Yet he is the mod on the r/nightvision discord? That seems odd. I am waiting for additional info and I am glad SNR is being proactive about it.

The OP told me outside of arfcom that he was banned from here - I had nothing to do with it, nor was I informed of it. I know the OP outside of Arfcom and he is well informed so honestly, I would heed the warning about this specific batch of tubes.

I took this as more of an informational about the tubes and not to touch them without release paperwork. SNR was only mentioned after ppl asked who the vendor was.
View Quote

Yeah no. That's the old abandoned server. Reddit mods started a new discord server and left that one over a year ago. If you don't see Reddit mods on the discord server then you're in the wrong one.

There's only 3 reddit mods to date: Kami, Alphaonedesigns and laserless.

The link to the official r/nightvision discord is updated on the front page of the subreddit.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#34]
WTF is this:  "USAF UFWP contract tubes".
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

See pm
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Merlin:
WTF is this:  "USAF UFWP contract tubes".
View Quote

United States Air Force Un-Filmed White Phosphor
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

It's happening folks. Apologies may be in order.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Army property? I thought this was USAF? These are not likely linked or two different cases. And he says the whole anvis9, not just the tubes.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 10:13:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By wjoutlaw:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/284782/signal-2024-07-03-17-29-05-497_jpg-3257594.JPG
View Quote

Like I said, OP seemed legit. Oh, well.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#40]
No update from SNR Industries doesn't look good.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 1:34:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WILSON] [#41]
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Jusy my opinion but, the people that buy night vision probably have alot of guns and tend not to trust the .gov
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By wjoutlaw:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/284782/signal-2024-07-03-17-29-05-497_jpg-3257594.JPG
View Quote

Why didn't you click "see more" so we can see where he bought them from?
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 11:35:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chosos] [#44]
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 1:31:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CenterMass762] [#45]

It was a trade from one member to a diff member and the original guy bought the Anvis goggles off yet a different party. The post indicates that CID grabbed pics of the serial / tubes from the FB group sale post. None of this has anything to do with Arfcom other than a BOLO for 10160UW-SA-C00-1597 tubes.
You can be assured that if the tubes OP mentioned have issues, those serials and pics were also ran, as I recall seeing pics of the bare tubes, which is why the original post might be relevant.

The only thing I can confirm is that the OP isn't a troll and you should take heed of the information. We also need to recognize that SNR was never mentioned in the original post until people demanded to know who it was.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Why didn't you click "see more" so we can see where he bought them from?

It was a trade from one member to a diff member and the original guy bought the Anvis goggles off yet a different party. The post indicates that CID grabbed pics of the serial / tubes from the FB group sale post. None of this has anything to do with Arfcom other than a BOLO for 10160UW-SA-C00-1597 tubes.
You can be assured that if the tubes OP mentioned have issues, those serials and pics were also ran, as I recall seeing pics of the bare tubes, which is why the original post might be relevant.

The only thing I can confirm is that the OP isn't a troll and you should take heed of the information. We also need to recognize that SNR was never mentioned in the original post until people demanded to know who it was.

Thanks. I was curious if it was from a "business" who was selling stolen goods or just a guy who sold a set he had acquired and whether any of it tied into the OP or not.

You sure as hell won't catch me buying tubes on reddit or facebook.

ETA- by "business", I mean a guy who made a business out of selling stolen goods, not the many fine and legitimate NV businesses out there.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 11:21:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chosos] [#46]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:42:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chosos] [#47]
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 4:29:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wjoutlaw] [#49]
can a mod unlock flatrangefudd? seems like the lock was unwarranted.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 6:10:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top