Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Bren 2 (Page 41 of 103)
Page / 103
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Finally got to the range last weekend with my 2ms in x39. Its a 14.5" that I pinned, I ran both suppressed and suppressed.

Accuracy was where i suspected it to be using Wolf 123gr HP. I wasn't hoping to drive tacs with this thing and im hoping that better ammo will help tighten groups up. The range i have access to has steel at 100, 200, 300 and 375 and i was able to hit at all ranges after a short 6 shot sight in. So i was happy with that. I'll fine tune it to specific hunting loads when i have more time.

I was surprised that my SilencerCo Saker didn't effect the POI very much, and gas blowback wasn't that bad, however i wasn't really mag dumping. The gas block was left in the "normal" setting the entire time i was shooting, but i think it would be time well spent to find a port size for a 14" x39, and drill that into the "off" setting. As far as i know no one has tinkered with a 14" 7.62x39 suppressed gas setting yet right guys? If you have id appreciate some specs on what you did.

One downfall for this i noticed was the handguard. I really really want a longer handguard! I wouldn't even care if it makes adjusting the gas block setting a pain, i just need to grip it in front of the gas block so my hand doesn't cook. I also dont care for the way they have the Mlok rails from the factory. I invested a lot of money into KDG's quick attach Mlok rails so i can basically click together accessories like legos, and the factory handguard prevents me from using those for lights, grips, bipods, tripod adapters, etc.

Overall i like the platform. I think I just bought it too early and it wont really shine until the aftermarket support catches on.

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I really really want a longer handguard! 
View Quote

The HB Industries handguard adds about 2 inches, but most importantly has more MLOK slots to add your shit to it.  Otherwise, you’re going to have to wait until CZ USA gets spare parts in the country and order the carbine handguards.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By castroyy:
Thank you for the info. I  appreciate it very much. Please let us know how it goes!
View Quote

+1 Thank you balthezor
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#4]
anyone try a collapsible brace? like a maxim or sb?  or is it not wide enough?
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By airgunner:

Your post is so full of shit and fail but whatever, I don't have enough shits to give to go back and forth with you over this. I gave my opinion and don't care what you think of it so whatevs dude 

Now this is something worth talking about! Dets please!
View Quote

Man, UBR stocks really make you angry.

For guys who have drilled suppressor ports and have run a decent amount of rounds through the guns.  Have you measured for erosion?
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I havent  measured  but dont really predict much. The Scar gas jets are untreated and i havent seen any erosion issues popping up from those.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#7]
It only took a few minutes for some dick, who purchased a $199 EuroMilitary stock, to put it on gunbroker "Fresh off the boat from Czech Republic" for $450...Ha!

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 11:14:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#8]
On a completely unrelated note, after approximately 400 rounds of cast lead handloads a close up inspection was done of the piston head and gas port area. Lead was cast approximately 17 BH, and double powdercoated. What appears to be lead residue was found on the piston head, but the layer is so thin it can only be seen under very bright light, and could honestly be a casting defect in the part itself. The port showed what appeared to be spattered leading around the outside of the port, which scrubbed off very easily. It is important to note that right at the gas port was also copper residue. The firearm continues to operate perfectly using said handloads. For those who would possibly care about such a report, of course.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:29:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By phenylpropanolamine:
It only took a few minutes for some dick, who purchased a $199 EuroMilitary stock, to put it on gunbroker "Fresh off the boat from Czech Republic" for $450...Ha!

View Quote
Ray Charles saw that coming!
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 9:43:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By phenylpropanolamine:
It only took a few minutes for some dick, who purchased a $199 EuroMilitary stock, to put it on gunbroker "Fresh off the boat from Czech Republic" for $450...Ha!

View Quote

Haha. Yeah, I saw one for 399. Not the 450. I mean someone will probably pay that price. But it is a dick move. I mean there are those of us that stay  up at night looking for them! But, supply and demand.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Smurgeon:

The HB Industries handguard adds about 2 inches, but most importantly has more MLOK slots to add your shit to it.  Otherwise, you’re going to have to wait until CZ USA gets spare parts in the country and order the carbine handguards.
View Quote

yes i know about hbi handguard and as good as it seems to be, its just not long enough for my liking. Looks like im gonna have to get in the waiting line for cz's carbine length handguard like everyone else.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see the carbine handguards being compatible with the pistol length gas systems. I hope they are as I’d get a 14” and put a carbine handguard  on it versus cutting down a 16” I think.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Pretty sure it will fit, but you won't be able to get to the gas regulator. Disassembly of the piston would be pretty much impossible without removing the
hand guard.

Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Hodgi_:
yes i know about hbi handguard and as good as it seems to be, its just not long enough for my liking. Looks like im gonna have to get in the waiting line for cz's carbine length handguard like everyone else.
View Quote
It's probably dependant on demand but I'd like to see HBI come out with some different lengths? The current one is great for 9" barrels and somewhat OK on the 8" barrel but I would love to see one specific for the 11" barrels and even the 14's is there is enough demand for them?

If these guns get popular enough, maybe even other companies like MI might get into the game? A guy can wish can't he?
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By airgunner:
 It's probably dependant on demand but I'd like to see HBI come out with some different lengths? The current one is great for 9" barrels and somewhat OK on the 8" barrel but I would love to see one specific for the 11" barrels and even the 14's is there is enough demand for them?

If these guns get popular enough, maybe even other companies like MI might get into the game? A guy can wish can't he? 
View Quote

I believe HBI will be coming out with other length handguards.  We will have to see.  I think right now their biggest stepping stone is the fact that they want people to be able to access their gas system.  Its not exactly easy to take off these handguards in order to do maintenance compared to say an ACR or MCX.

I posted on the MI industry page a while back requesting that they take a look at the platform.  No one else has posted and the thread has gotten very little views.  Head on over and post in the thread!
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a general question on how gas ports work. When running suppressed, what I found is that you want a port for a suppressed setting. My question is, why is the port smaller than the standard, or adverse port? Shouldn’t the standard port work better and give you less gas to the face since the port is bigger? Especially the adverse port since the hole is bigger.

Dumb question for sure.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By balthezor:
I have a general question on how gas ports work. When running suppressed, what I found is that you want a port for a suppressed setting. My question is, why is the port smaller than the standard, or adverse port? Shouldn’t the standard port work better and give you less gas to the face since the port is bigger? Especially the adverse port since the hole is bigger. 

Dumb question for sure.
View Quote

Shooting with a suppressor delays the pressure in and around the gas port from returning to ambient which means gas has more time to flow back into the system. A smaller hole helps to offset this by restricting how much gas can flow into the system in a given span of time.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AzAgLover:

Shooting with a suppressor delays the pressure in and around the gas port from returning to ambient which means gas has more time to flow back into the system. A smaller hole helps to offset this by restricting how much gas can flow into the system in a given span of time.
View Quote

So this port does not eject gas out the system?
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#19]

So this port does not eject gas out the system?
View Quote

No, it uses the gas to push the piston and cycle the action.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 1:45:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#20]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

I believe HBI will be coming out with other length handguards.  We will have to see.  I think right now their biggest stepping stone is the fact that they want people to be able to access their gas system.  Its not exactly easy to take off these handguards in order to do maintenance compared to say an ACR or MCX.

I posted on the MI industry page a while back requesting that they take a look at the platform.  No one else has posted and the thread has gotten very little views.  Head on over and post in the thread!
View Quote

MI is pretty much my go-to if they make parts for a certain platform.  Fairly priced and high quality.  I really hope they start pumping stuff out for the Bren 2.  I love their T-Series Combat Rails and have put them on just about every AR I have bought.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 6:58:07 AM EDT
[#21]
200 yards with cast loads, getting better.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I picked up a Bren 2 carbine locally for a great deal. I’m stoked to shoot it. It feels like a high quality rifle
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 8:18:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: balthezor] [#23]
I got a chance to go to the range today and test out the new suppressed setting port. One thing for sure, CZ needs to release more mags. Having 2 is not enough! I tested about 50 rounds per suppressor which is not enough for any test but I had limited time and having 2 mags was a huge pain in the ass. I used the Dead Air Nomad, Wolfman in full config and then in short config.  I had no issues running it suppressed at all with these 3 setups on the suppressed port. I used cheap Wolf Military Classic ammo. No failures.

I did noticed a reduction of felt recoil compared to the setting 1. Nice thing about the Bren 2 is how easy it is to switch between the settings. I shot a few shots with setting 1 and suppressed setting back and forth. I would not say the reduction of recoil is significant but it is definitely improved. Gas to the face is also improved. To a point where I didn’t notice it as much when gauging the recoil impulse.

I am quite satisfied with drilling the suppressed port. It definitely was a gamble sending it when replacement parts are not available, but the smith did a great job. He cold blued the port hole, not going to replace the nitride at all, but better than nothing I guess. I’m also more of a collector and not using this for work, so I am not going to be putting a lot of rounds through this like some of you will.

If anyone with a 9” 7.62x39 want their gas regulator drilled, let me know. It will be cheaper than what I paid for since I had to pay extra for the 1.3mm carbide drill bit and had to send the complete upper to him. He never worked on a Bren 2 before, which I assume many smiths won’t have much experience with them at this time. After mine, he only needs the gas regulator, so a very small part to ship.

Some thoughts about this. Wondering if I could have gone with a smaller port, 1.0 mm, 1.1 mm maybe. If I did my own drilling, I might have done that. I might do that once CZ releases replacement parts, just to experiment. I also brought my WBP Mini Jack AK with KNS Piston with a Dead Air Wolverine. OMG, wouldn’t it be so nice if they made something similar for the Bren 2. My tuned Mini Jack barely has any recoil. Really amazing what the KNS Piston can do. Also, now I am even more tempted to buy an 11” 5.56. I would also drill a suppressed setting as well. I bet the recoil will be so light.

Apologies for the long post. Next step is test it with the Wolverine once I get the appropriate inserts and more rounds suppressed with each suppressor I can use.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 1:42:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Hi Guys - I am thinking of getting a CZ Bren 2 MS 7.62x39 pistol in either 9" or 11" barrel length (would have ideally been a carbine but don't think CZ will ever release a 7.62x39 carbine in the US). Can't decide between the 9" and 11" barrel version for the 7.62x39. Opinions and experiences of the owners might help me decide.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 1:55:48 AM EDT
[#25]
I've posted many experiences and target pics with mine, (11 incher 7.62x39mm), but apparently nobody can see them.

TL/DR - is good.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 1:56:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By armoredman:
I've posted many experiences and target pics with mine, (11 incher 7.62x39mm), but apparently nobody can see them. 

TL/DR - is good.
View Quote

Where? Link to your posts please?
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 3:43:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Scroll up for one target pic.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By bob9181:
Hi Guys - I am thinking of getting a CZ Bren 2 MS 7.62x39 pistol in either 9" or 11" barrel length (would have ideally been a carbine but don't think CZ will ever release a 7.62x39 carbine in the US). Can't decide between the 9" and 11" barrel version for the 7.62x39. Opinions and experiences of the owners might help me decide.
View Quote

Are you planning to use a suppressor with it?
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I have the 14" in 5.56. I haven't shot it suppressed yet, as I haven't had a chance. I guess I will find out when I do. Who was the smith you used for the work?
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Can we buy barrel kits yet? I still want an 11” x39 barrel to augment my 14.5 one when I feel like it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:58:10 PM EDT
[#31]

Are you planning to use a suppressor with it?
View Quote

Would love to but no suppressors allowed in IL. So, no.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#32]
We need our own forum.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By CavScout:
We need our own forum.
View Quote

Indeed
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By lordboogie:
Update about the the Bren 2s Pic Rails from Preston Precision - 

Harry is sending me out one side and one bottom rail to test fit. I'll post pictures on the Bren 2 once I have them installed.

https://i.imgur.com/GvMe2PG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6Y2iRub.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iWcs9kJ.jpg
View Quote

How did the rails fit and look?
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:47:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By supra_man_89:
I picked up a Bren 2 carbine locally for a great deal. I’m stoked to shoot it. It feels like a high quality rifle
View Quote

How much if you don’t mind saying?
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:

How did the rails fit and look?
View Quote

The test rails came out great, a couple of small adjustments that will be made in the production rails. Hopefully we should be seeing them in the next couple of weeks.

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By lordboogie:

The test rails came out great, a couple of small adjustments that will be made in the production rails. Hopefully we should be seeing them in the next couple of weeks.

https://i.imgur.com/hzt1KsG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HDh16SO.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for the update. Cant wait to get these :)
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#38]
got my trigger, selectors and charging handle all installed

I hope the rails aren't going to be expensive as he said they might be
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:02:13 AM EDT
[#39]
I got my shipping info for the Bren 2 BR stocks from Euro military. So for those that ordered when they were sold out (Like I did) there is hope!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:18:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:22:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ATravis11b] [#41]
Carbine stock in stock.  Order quickly.

http://www.euro-military.com/CZ-Bren-2-Folding-Adjustable-Butt-Stock-d786.htm
View Quote

Thank you, I just ordered one. (I think I got the last one in stock)
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:33:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ATravis11b:

Thank you, I just ordered one. (I think I got the last one in stock)
View Quote

Nice. Must not have had that many. I will erase that link from my mind, as I don't need another one. Hopefully you guys can grab them soon!

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#43]
My buddy who ordered one last week got his shipping notice today. Looks like he got in his order from CZ to cover last week's over order, then had a few extra.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Got my notice. Then I ordered another carbine stock, so I'll have an extra stock here shortly. Just not sure if it will be the BR or carbine stock.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
My buddy who ordered one last week got his shipping notice today. Looks like he got in his order from CZ to cover last week's over order, then had a few extra.
View Quote

Yeah, CZ must have replenished him. I am so happy that mine will be here Thursday. The wait is over... And on a side note, I think it's amazing that the thing will get here Thursday. 2 days from Czech... Amazon can't even do that right now!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By castroyy:

Yeah, CZ must have replenished him. I am so happy that mine will be here Thursday. The wait is over... And on a side note, I think it's amazing that the thing will get here Thursday. 2 days from Czech... Amazon can't even do that right now!!
View Quote
Yeah, I told ya he was good. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from him over the years - Czech surplus, bayonets, CZ parts etc.
He does good business with duty holsters too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Just missed the stocks
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Carbine stock in stock.  Order quickly.

http://www.euro-military.com/CZ-Bren-2-Folding-Adjustable-Butt-Stock-d786.htm
View Quote

Link isn’t working

I’m assuming cause they’re out of stock.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:09:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Magsz18] [#49]
They're gone.

Its amazing how much demand there is for this rifle.  Pretty awesome.

Pics, because why not:

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 1:47:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#50]
Picked up my 14" Bren 2 yesterday and threw a Trijicon AccuPower 1-4 on it.  Man this gun is awesome.  The action is like sliding polished glass through an oil stick.  The trigger is real nice.  I've heard people say the Bren 805 trigger is better, and it is (I compared them side-by-side), but the trigger on the 2 is still excellent.  The control layout on it is also amazing.  It reminds me a lot of an ACR.

I've said before I am not the biggest semi-auto fan, I just don't find them all that exciting or cool.  I've owned just about everything at some point and just own a couple now for defensive purposes, God forbid I ever need them.  This is one of the few semi-auto rifles I have fallen in love with, and I haven't even shot the thing yet.  I can't wait to get it out and take some shots with it.

Page / 103
CZ Bren 2 (Page 41 of 103)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top