User Panel

CZ Bren 3 (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 10:36:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JoshNC] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Findsman:

So right it had to be said twice. Aside from being heavy, it seems like the Bren 805 just was a smoother design.  The Czech SCAR-16 was more appealing to me than the Czech ACR.

Hopefully we get Bren 3 carbines someday.  I skipped the 2 but could be interested in a product-improved variant.  Supposedly the ATF is crapping all over rifle-caliber pistol imports right now so those as pistols may be unlikely for a while.
View Quote

CZ needs to import sporterized rifles then unneuter them once in the US, add 922(r) compliance parts.

Better still, start US production.
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:

CZ needs to import sporterized rifles then unneuter them once in the US, add 922(r) compliance parts.

View Quote

For sure, I tend to prefer that route from manufacturers.  I think a lot of them got lazy with the ease of importing the “large format pistol” or whatever the ATF called them.  I’m not a fan of the ATF’s hijinks by any stretch but hopefully it will force some proper rifles out of them.

Setting up US production would eliminate any import shenanigans entirely.
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Since the heavy barrel is the only beneficial upgrade, I have the best of the Brens with the 2Ms carbine.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 12:48:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Weird thread.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 10:27:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool rifle, but it's too late for us in Washington State.  We've already been stripped of our 2nd Amendment rights.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 7:24:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#6]
Originally Posted By BorderDave:
Cool rifle, but it's too late for us in Washington State.  We've already been stripped of our 2nd Amendment rights.
View Quote

It's going to take another federal ruling to further "clarify" the obviousness of Bruen, with immediate & consequential enforcement for noncompliance by state actors. Just making it legal to buy out of state in the face of a state's defiance would be workable, but still unsatisfactory. Wilson v HI could help:

The Effort to Overturn the Worst Second Amendment Ruling Ever

There need to be consequences for federal constitutional violations by the states, or else the lawfare gaming will never cease. Bouncing challenge cases around in the legal system is just comotion without progress at this point, & broad scale public sector immunity needs to be relegated to the trash bin of history.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Sadly I have yet to see one US (Europe based) company make the same quality firearm here as compared to its European counterpart. Not one. I much prefer the base being from the factory/country of origin.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 9:15:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep. You could put me down for a couple if I didn't live in a shithole state
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Count me as an interested party. I'd love to add a modern, foreign made/designed non-AR autoloader to my rifle collection, but FN is still charging ridiculous $$$ for the SCAR (plus the whole "suppressors void warranty" stuff), the HK433 likely is never coming to American civilians, the Grot's arrival in the states is still very much uncertain (and I'm not sure if it's better then the Bren), the ARX160 is dead in the US as is FN's tactical tuna (FS2000), and the Carmel is... actually, the Carmel is pretty intriguing. Factory shortys when though?

Anyhow, the point is an 11.5" 5.56 or 8.5" .300 Blackout Bren 3 would be really appealing to me so long as price remains similar to the Bren 2 and the upgrades are meaningful. Yeah, as others have already said, objectively it's hard to justify over a good DI AR, but as something a bit different while still being practical enough to not just be a safe queen/range toy, it's attractive.

Originally Posted By FullAssault:
Sadly I have yet to see one US (Europe based) company make the same quality firearm here as compared to its European counterpart. Not one. I much prefer the base being from the factory/country of origin.
View Quote

Glock? Not an expert on Gaston's plastic fantastic by any means, but I've always been under the impression the Austrian marked ones and the U.S.A. marked ones where effectively identical beyond said markings.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 10:41:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I've seen pictures of several Bren 2's being used in the Ukraine war.  Maybe it's wishful thinking, but maybe when this is all over they'll sell for cheap in the surplus firearm market
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 11:09:20 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

B&T USA has done a very good job of it. FN has too.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 1:23:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eurotrash] [#12]
Originally Posted By Moondog:
I've seen pictures of several Bren 2's being used in the Ukraine war.  Maybe it's wishful thinking, but maybe when this is all over they'll sell for cheap in the surplus firearm market
View Quote

Those guns look beat to hell. Plus, they’re full-auto, so the best you’ll get is a cut up receiver.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Moondog:
View Quote

No. That’s not going to happen and they’re going to be straight trashed anyway if that ever were to happen.
Those guns will either stay with Ukrainians and mercenary groups or go out to Ukrainian and Eastern European criminal orgs.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I was joking about that, hence the smiley face.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#15]
The most interesting upgrade for me of the Bren 3 is the move to using the same 'Super Steel' alloy as the HK 416, which has proven incredibly long lasting. (Of course, with ammo prices these days I'm unlikely to shoot out a PSA nitrided barrel - but I still like knowing the barrel could go 20-30k rounds)

The question is whether this super steel will be added to the older Bren 2's, and whether they will be able to import these barrels or barrel blanks in said super steel to the US for Bren 3 production?
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Haven’t owned a B&T US gun but can say at least the U.S. made SCAR isn’t on par with the Belgian counterparts especially when it comes to the bbl. FN US tends to have QC with their chrome process. The AUG bbls FN US made for steyr US had a tendency to lose their chrome prematurely, the US scars and SPRs have or at least had the same chrome problem along with things like the screws backing out of the receiver , canted barrels , mushy polymer, etc.

Link Posted: 7/10/2024 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
Was kind of excited until reading this.
View Quote

Try being an H&K rifle fan where you wait 10-20 years for a bastardized civ version of the gun you have to pay twice as much to return it to its mil configuration.

I'm down for the Bren3. I have thoroughly enjoyed my Bren2 and the Bren3 seems like a sweeping improvement.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#18]
You would have to be insane to want a bren 3 after how shit they botched the bren 2 and its support.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By apocalypserisin:
You would have to be insane to want a bren 3 after how shit they botched the bren 2 and its support.
View Quote

Given CZ’s larger history I’d be willing to give them a chance on the Bren 3 but I sure wouldn’t sign up to be an early adopter.

The Bren 2 carbines sounded like they were pretty solid overall aside from the overly heavy barrel.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 7:23:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UMP45_Enthusiast] [#20]
View Quote

Bren2 in 5.56 is fine, the problem was the 7.62x39 version.

Support is the real kicker for this gun, there simply isn't any. If anything breaks or wears out, good fucking luck. I thought FN and B&T were rough to get replacement parts for, but CZ USA really aimed for 1st place.
My only hope is with the Bren3 development coming post-Colt acquisition, hopefully they will put some of those facilities to work stateside to churn out parts (or the whole gun).
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 10:11:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#21]
Originally Posted By UMP45_Enthusiast:

Bren2 in 5.56 is fine, the problem was the 7.62x39 version.

Support is the real kicker for this gun, there simply isn't any. If anything breaks or wears out, good fucking luck. I thought FN and B&T were rough to get replacement parts for, but CZ USA really aimed for 1st place.
My only hope is with the Bren3 development coming post-Colt acquisition, hopefully they will put some of those facilities to work stateside to churn out parts (or the whole gun).
View Quote

Welcome, fellow ARX100 owner.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

+1 still cannot get most spare parts unlike my SCAR (which are already hard to get). It’s why I did not purchase the Bren M2S. Their support people I have spoken to out of Kansas City tend to be clueless as well.

Anyhow, I hope for everyone’s benefit, CZ USA ups their game with the Bren 3. Spare parts, etc. Everyone wins with a lower cost, modular short stroke rifle on the US market that runs (still hoping for an IWI Arad though).

Last but not least, their 7.62x39 Bren 2 still leaves me bewildered. Not sure why they did not design a variant and lower to use AK magazines. Sig did it with the 553R (of course, the Sig was already an AK to begin with).
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Findsman:

Given CZ’s larger history I’d be willing to give them a chance on the Bren 3 but I sure wouldn’t sign up to be an early adopter.

The Bren 2 carbines sounded like they were pretty solid overall aside from the overly heavy barrel.
View Quote

I’m a big CZ fan, but my experience is limited to their pistols, and around 15-20 models/variants over the last fifteen years. Extremely reliable, accurate, durable, and parts were easy to find.

I’d love to buy a Bren 3, however I hope they re institute their online store with a plethora of parts (like they had in the past) and I hope the aftermarket takes off like it did with their pistols. I think COVID and the war in Ukraine threw a wrench in the works, but that excuse can only last so long when you have competing companies offering similar options (FN/Sig/HK). Anyways I’ll probably shoot a message to them regarding it, and suggest that anyone serious about a Bren 3 should do the same.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#24]
“I believe the Bren 3 is set to be released in 2026 on the American Market. I can’t comment on the availability of those repair parts, but I have to assume that CZUB will provide us with parts to support the platform.”
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By themao:

+1 still cannot get most spare parts unlike my SCAR (which are already hard to get). It’s why I did not purchase the Bren M2S. Their support people I have spoken to out of Kansas City tend to be clueless as well.

Anyhow, I hope for everyone’s benefit, CZ USA ups their game with the Bren 3. Spare parts, etc. Everyone wins with a lower cost, modular short stroke rifle on the US market that runs (still hoping for an IWI Arad though).

Last but not least, their 7.62x39 Bren 2 still leaves me bewildered. Not sure why they did not design a variant and lower to use AK magazines. Sig did it with the 553R (of course, the Sig was already an AK to begin with).
View Quote

Agreed.  I'm at the point where I've owned all the cool guns, and the cool factor wears off.  I sold all my unique guns and just have common stuff now or at least guns where I can get spare parts for them like an AR, AK, AUG, etc.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#26]
How much?
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 11:39:25 PM EDT
[#27]
The best thing about a Bren 3 may be it dropping prices on 11” 5.56 Bren 2 pistols to screaming deal status. Its damn near the ideal 5.56 firearm in my view especially if used examples drop to 3 figures price wise.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Citizen904:
The best thing about a Bren 3 may be it dropping prices on 11” 5.56 Bren 2 pistols to screaming deal status. Its damn near the ideal 5.56 firearm in my view especially if used examples drop to 3 figures price wise.
View Quote

What's a screaming deal on an 11" Bren 2? Haven't seen one below $1500 anywhere.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Pomyluy:

What's a screaming deal on an 11" Bren 2? Haven't seen one below $1500 anywhere.
View Quote

There was a guy blowing out a batch on gunbroker around $1,300 brand new a couple months ago.the economy has demand very low.  I’ll probably pick up used 11” guns as they pop up closer to $1k - $1,200.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 12:59:57 AM EDT
[#30]
I might just need to cannibalize a used 5.56 gun to convert my 2S into 5.56... not much point in shooting X39 when it costs as much as brass 5.56 now.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 2:47:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SBR300BLK] [#31]

View Quote

Absolutely this. Beretta, HK, Styr, CZ, every AK ever, Sig, Glock, Swiss Arms, Walther, FNH, Diamco vs Colt USA on and on. Import bans make no sense and just give us knock offs. Europeans seem to have better QC than we do dollar for dollar.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Just read on Reddit that the bren3 won’t be out until 2026
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
CZ Bren 3 (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top