Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2024 6:13:18 PM EDT
I have a 9” 300BLK MCX Virtus with an Sig SRD762TI suppressor.  I’ve tried a handful of different types of subsonic rounds through it and I guess I’m still underwhelmed at the sound reduction at the shooter’s ear. Is there anything else I can do to suppress more of the sound? I don’t think anything exists to my knowledge to suppress the sound of the action cycling. My understanding is that the SRD762TI was kind of the top dog of suppressing 300BLK at the time of release.

To be clear, when listening to someone else shoot my MCX, it’s very quiet. I’m just seeing if there’s anything I can do to reduce the noise at the shooter’s ear. Obviously, not looking to switch suppressors.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By RRAR15:
I have a 9” 300BLK MCX Virtus with an Sig SRD762TI suppressor.  I’ve tried a handful of different types of subsonic rounds through it and I guess I’m still underwhelmed at the sound reduction at the shooter’s ear. Is there anything else I can do to suppress more of the sound? I don’t think anything exists to my knowledge to suppress the sound of the action cycling. My understanding is that the SRD762TI was kind of the top dog of suppressing 300BLK at the time of release.

To be clear, when listening to someone else shoot my MCX, it’s very quiet. I’m just seeing if there’s anything I can do to reduce the noise at the shooter’s ear. Obviously, not looking to switch suppressors.
View Quote

This is my quietest semiautomatic setup. Do you have anything else to compare it to? Mine is slightly louder than my MP5SD.

Which gas setting are you running?

Which gas valve is installed? There is a three digit code engraved on it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The action alone without firing a bullet is over 100db.

To get quieter the only thing you can really do is use a bolt gun.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By goloud:

This is my quietest semiautomatic setup. Do you have anything else to compare it to? Mine is slightly louder than my MP5SD.

Which gas setting are you running?

Which gas valve is installed? There is a three digit code engraved on it.
View Quote

I had a regular AR-15 parts him special 300BLK before this MCX with an Omega 9k. This is definitely more quiet than the Omega 9k, but I just feel like the noise at the shooters ear is almost not hearing safe. I’ve seen the PEW Science data, and I know that it’s a higher back pressure can. I have the F02 gas block. It runs just fine on the - setting, even suppressed, which it’s 100% of the time.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone else?
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#6]
A flow through or semi-flow through can usually lowers port pressure and noise at the ear, but is often slightly louder at the muzzle.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:45:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Are you able to tune the gas? Other than that, the only thing you could do without switching cans is hand load for a quieter load.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 10:42:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably not what you wanted to hear, but just stick an earplug or Airpod in your right ear and go nuts.  It won't bother your left ear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top