Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Armory Sponsor

Cerakote Picture Thread (Page 10 of 18)

Previous Page
/ 18
Next Page
11/24/2015 8:33:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Augee:


I beat my guns up enough on my own to generally think "faux distressed" finishes are stupid, but I've gotta admit that this one looks pretty good, the contrast and colors of the distressed finish pair up very nicely with the grips.  

~Augee
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Augee:


I beat my guns up enough on my own to generally think "faux distressed" finishes are stupid, but I've gotta admit that this one looks pretty good, the contrast and colors of the distressed finish pair up very nicely with the grips.  

~Augee


Thanks! I don't disagree on the "battle worn" finishes but my customers love them and as an applicator, they are fun to do. Beretta's do just look awesome that way though. I agree about the grips though, they really do set it off very nicely.
11/29/2015 3:37:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: creedlemyerjones][Edited] [#2]
Just finished this CZ Scorpion in H-Series. Didn't use as many colors or layers.



12/7/2015 12:00:10 AM EDT
[#3]
The super flat on the frame definitely picks up dirt and scratches... but that's how 18:1 came out this time. This is a custom color I'm working on, trying to get "true SOCOM Dark Earth"


"The only thing more boring than shooting groups is looking at other people's groups on the internet." -erud
12/7/2015 12:00:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Originally Posted By creedlemyerjones:



Thanks!! It's all done in H-Series. I did do a few things special but its kinda hard to explain, there are 5 layers and you just gotta plan out each one. Thanks again, here is another one I just finished.


[
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By creedlemyerjones:
Originally Posted By jclaypool:

Looks badass! What type of cerakote did you use? Did you do any anything different/special between layers? I have done a rattle can version of Kryptek, but want to cerkoate my 308 in Nomad soon.



Thanks!! It's all done in H-Series. I did do a few things special but its kinda hard to explain, there are 5 layers and you just gotta plan out each one. Thanks again, here is another one I just finished.


[


Now I know how I want my AR10 build painted.
Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Psalms 91:5
12/12/2015 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Receivers and rail Cerakoted in custom color "SOCOM Dark Earth"






"The only thing more boring than shooting groups is looking at other people's groups on the internet." -erud
12/12/2015 11:44:11 PM EDT
[#6]


12/13/2015 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#7]
300 BLK SBR by Two Sierra, on Flickr
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
So I know you're a SF whore . . . . .
12/22/2015 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Burnt bronze on a factory OD Green frame.
"More sharp classes, so I don't rape the enemy" - NeoSaffiru
12/23/2015 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I love that ^^^
12/28/2015 11:20:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Originally Posted By dwcopple:
I love that ^^^
View Quote

So did my brother in law...
"More sharp classes, so I don't rape the enemy" - NeoSaffiru
1/3/2016 4:11:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Regular FDE for the upper/lower/front sight. Did not use Magpul FDE although it gets close in some lighting.

A custom mix of sig dark gray 85% and armor black 15% for the ACOG base, handguard ring, a2 front sight, and lower parts.

Interesting note, the barrel turned a darker brown even though I used the same FDE as the upper and lower, can't figure out what happened, but it grew on me.






I also slimmed down the front sight to lesson the shadow effect through the ACOG sight.





Final shot in the shadow to show the grays.



Did all the cerakoting myself, my first time.
1/11/2016 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Originally Posted By FullMetalAR:


The all tan Glock, is that the factory frame with cerakoted slide? Or did you do the entire gun, the match looks perfect.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes


Whole gun. Customer wanted a perfect match.
Instagram
@madpigcustoms
1/12/2016 4:21:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Originally Posted By NUcadet07:


Whole gun. Customer wanted a perfect match.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes


Good deal, I thought it looked a whole lot lighter than my factory DE frame
1/22/2016 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#15]
" />

This is my copy of YHMs Desert Enforcer. Magpul FDE
1/31/2016 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Custom mix to mimic Daniel Defense FDE anodizing. Still don't have a name for it yet that would avoid trademark infringement....



"The only thing more boring than shooting groups is looking at other people's groups on the internet." -erud
2/1/2016 5:02:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/AR5mWT" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/760/22871489327_2de3aacc41_b.jpg</a>Glocks by Two Sierra, on Flickr
View Quote


I am a little tight in the pants right now looking at this pair.  
"That pistol just kept saying, let go of my ears, you don't know what you're doing." -thehellbringer
2/2/2016 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Cerakote Multicam Green and FDE



I forget what color this ended up being, went for an old school blued look.

2/2/2016 7:41:02 PM EDT
[#19]

"The only thing more boring than shooting groups is looking at other people's groups on the internet." -erud
2/7/2016 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Finished my latest Pistol..

Andro Corp upper 10.5"
Palmetto lower
Vortex 1x Spitfire
Diamond head Sights
Black Rain trigger
KAW valley Muzzle device

Cerakote Tungsten



2/9/2016 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Cerakoted in a custom color to mimic the old parkerizing. Called it "Stalingrad Steel"





2/9/2016 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Scarr:
Cerakoted in a custom color to mimic the old parkerizing. Called it "Stalingrad Steel"

<a href="http://s81.photobucket.com/user/anibal999r/media/IMG_2944.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j203/anibal999r/IMG_2944.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s81.photobucket.com/user/anibal999r/media/IMG_2938.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j203/anibal999r/IMG_2938.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s81.photobucket.com/user/anibal999r/media/woody.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j203/anibal999r/woody.jpg</a>
View Quote

That is a bad ass little blaster!!!
Major Captain of Seaborne Party Operations for the North Atlantic Ocean
2/9/2016 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Scarr:
Cerakoted in a custom color to mimic the old parkerizing. Called it "Stalingrad Steel"

<a href="http://s81.photobucket.com/user/anibal999r/media/IMG_2944.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j203/anibal999r/IMG_2944.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s81.photobucket.com/user/anibal999r/media/IMG_2938.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j203/anibal999r/IMG_2938.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s81.photobucket.com/user/anibal999r/media/woody.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j203/anibal999r/woody.jpg</a>
View Quote


That's one of the hottest AR's I've ever seen!
2/9/2016 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Scarr:
Cerakoted in a custom color to mimic the old parkerizing. Called it "Stalingrad Steel"

<a href="http://s81.photobucket.com/user/anibal999r/media/IMG_2944.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j203/anibal999r/IMG_2944.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s81.photobucket.com/user/anibal999r/media/IMG_2938.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j203/anibal999r/IMG_2938.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s81.photobucket.com/user/anibal999r/media/woody.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j203/anibal999r/woody.jpg</a>
View Quote


Freaking cooler than hell.  I want one....
The internet was great when it was difficult and expensive- the only people on it were typically educated

Stay classy GD....

READ MORE, POST LESS....
2/10/2016 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks guys, working on making some wood kits. I made all the wood pieces on this one by hand.
2/10/2016 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Scarr:
Thanks guys, working on making some wood kits. I made all the wood pieces on this one by hand.
View Quote

WOW!  Really cool.  The handstop on the top rail is.. wow..
2/10/2016 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Originally Posted By bytor1969:
Finished my latest Pistol..

Andro Corp upper 10.5"
Palmetto lower
Vortex 1x Spitfire
Diamond head Sights
Black Rain trigger
KAW valley Muzzle device

Cerakote Tungsten

https://watersignphotography.smugmug.com/Firearms/i-xFGF5hd/0/O/ar2%201000.jpg

https://watersignphotography.smugmug.com/Firearms/i-3hXWJTQ/0/O/ar%201000.jpg
View Quote


i built a very similar pistol but my coated parts are 75% tungsten 25% graphite black mix.
Duct tape is silver, silence is golden

Teener crew call sign-brother fucker
2/12/2016 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Scarr:
Thanks guys, working on making some wood kits. I made all the wood pieces on this one by hand.
View Quote


Safe assumption that your not sharing the recipe?
Instagram
@madpigcustoms
2/13/2016 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#29]
First cerakote job Patriot Brown on butt stock, wasn't happy with the anodized look.

" />
2/14/2016 12:11:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Father in law going for a "thin blue line" build.

"More sharp classes, so I don't rape the enemy" - NeoSaffiru
2/21/2016 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quote History


What mix did you use to get that color? It looks great and my BCM rifle is going to get tanned, but I haven't liked many of the options on cerakote's site.
"Make something idiot proof and they invent a better idiot." - motown_steve
2/21/2016 10:11:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Finished up a customer Mk18 RIS II tonight


"The only thing more boring than shooting groups is looking at other people's groups on the internet." -erud
2/25/2016 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#33]
First attempt at Cerakote(or anything other than a little rattle can on a hunting rifle), not for the impatient but a lot of fun.  Now I have to figure out whats next.

Specs:
2A armament upper and Lower
Faxon LW 1:8 twist 14.5  inch barrel
SLR Rifleworks Helix handguard
Faxon FH and AIMPOINT Mount
Strike Industries Viper stock
Magpul grip, sights, and QD mount
CMC single stage trigger
AIM LW bolt and carrier
H2 buffer

Weight without sights and optics was under 5lbs, It's just under 5.5 with everything








__________________________________
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
2/25/2016 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Solidius:
First attempt at Cerakote(or anything other than a little rattle can on a hunting rifle), not for the impatient but a lot of fun.  Now I have to figure out whats next.

Specs:
2A armament upper and Lower
Faxon LW 1:8 twist 14.5  inch barrel
SLR Rifleworks Helix handguard
Faxon FH and AIMPOINT Mount
Strike Industries Viper stock
Magpul grip, sights, and QD mount
CMC single stage trigger
AIM LW bolt and carrier
H2 buffer

Weight without sights and optics was under 5lbs, It's just under 5.5 with everything

http://i.imgur.com/7fxxOhY.jpg?3
http://i.imgur.com/aMXY7zf.jpg?3
http://i.imgur.com/Emk2sZf.jpg?2
http://i.imgur.com/AIM1pqG.jpg?2
http://i.imgur.com/vxsPQqk.jpg?2
http://i.imgur.com/sQDHiwc.jpg?2
http://i.imgur.com/Ixlfh6u.jpg?2
View Quote

That's pretty damn neat sir, as a Star Wars Fan I greatly approve!
Major Captain of Seaborne Party Operations for the North Atlantic Ocean
2/25/2016 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Solidius:
First attempt at Cerakote(or anything other than a little rattle can on a hunting rifle), not for the impatient but a lot of fun.  Now I have to figure out whats next.

Specs:
2A armament upper and Lower
Faxon LW 1:8 twist 14.5  inch barrel
SLR Rifleworks Helix handguard
Faxon FH and AIMPOINT Mount
Strike Industries Viper stock
Magpul grip, sights, and QD mount
CMC single stage trigger
AIM LW bolt and carrier
H2 buffer

Weight without sights and optics was under 5lbs, It's just under 5.5 with everything

http://i.imgur.com/7fxxOhY.jpg?3
http://i.imgur.com/aMXY7zf.jpg?3
http://i.imgur.com/Emk2sZf.jpg?2
http://i.imgur.com/AIM1pqG.jpg?2
http://i.imgur.com/vxsPQqk.jpg?2
http://i.imgur.com/sQDHiwc.jpg?2
http://i.imgur.com/Ixlfh6u.jpg?2
View Quote

Niiiice!  Slave 1 is going to be my inspiration next week.
2/26/2016 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#36]

Quote History
Originally Posted By Solidius:


First attempt at Cerakote(or anything other than a little rattle can on a hunting rifle), not for the impatient but a lot of fun.  Now I have to figure out whats next.



Specs:

2A armament upper and Lower

Faxon LW 1:8 twist 14.5  inch barrel

SLR Rifleworks Helix handguard

Faxon FH and AIMPOINT Mount

Strike Industries Viper stock

Magpul grip, sights, and QD mount

CMC single stage trigger

AIM LW bolt and carrier

H2 buffer



Weight without sights and optics was under 5lbs, It's just under 5.5 with everything



http://i.imgur.com/7fxxOhY.jpg?3

http://i.imgur.com/aMXY7zf.jpg?3

http://i.imgur.com/Emk2sZf.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/AIM1pqG.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/vxsPQqk.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/sQDHiwc.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/Ixlfh6u.jpg?2

View Quote
Not my thing, but cool as hell anyway.
Proud Member - "Team Ranstad"
3/6/2016 12:11:11 AM EDT
[#37]
153M - 16th CAB
3/11/2016 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Starting on an OD Green / black project



3/14/2016 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#39]
























 
3/14/2016 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quote History


What colors are those? Gorgeous paint jobs!
"We're all just ghosts driving meat skeletons, made up of stardust, through space and time...what do we have to be afraid of?"
3/14/2016 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#41]

Quote History
Originally Posted By AceV:
What colors are those? Gorgeous paint jobs!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Thank you kindly. OD Green with black top, Straight Magpul FDE and KG Gunkote brown with black on top.

 
3/14/2016 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#42]









 
Im not saying duracoat fucks up function, I am saying nutnfancy does. -RustedAce
3/15/2016 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#43]
I had my XDm reworked a few years back...it was originally a bi-ton OD green/black with standard sights.



3/15/2016 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#44]
3/15/2016 9:49:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AceV][Edited] [#45]
Quote History
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

That's pretty damn neat sir, as a Star Wars Fan I greatly approve!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
Originally Posted By Solidius:
First attempt at Cerakote(or anything other than a little rattle can on a hunting rifle), not for the impatient but a lot of fun.  Now I have to figure out whats next.

Specs:
2A armament upper and Lower
Faxon LW 1:8 twist 14.5  inch barrel
SLR Rifleworks Helix handguard
Faxon FH and AIMPOINT Mount
Strike Industries Viper stock
Magpul grip, sights, and QD mount
CMC single stage trigger
AIM LW bolt and carrier
H2 buffer

Weight without sights and optics was under 5lbs, It's just under 5.5 with everything

http://i.imgur.com/7fxxOhY.jpg?3
http://i.imgur.com/aMXY7zf.jpg?3
http://i.imgur.com/Emk2sZf.jpg?2
http://i.imgur.com/AIM1pqG.jpg?2
http://i.imgur.com/vxsPQqk.jpg?2
http://i.imgur.com/sQDHiwc.jpg?2
http://i.imgur.com/Ixlfh6u.jpg?2

That's pretty damn neat sir, as a Star Wars Fan I greatly approve!


Agreed! Kinda makes me want to do something similar for shits and giggles...
"We're all just ghosts driving meat skeletons, made up of stardust, through space and time...what do we have to be afraid of?"
4/5/2016 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Tungsten done by Andro Corp in FL. Great work and fast turnaround, too.



Guns, cars, and watches. I need cheaper hobbies.
4/8/2016 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Od green with a hint of burnt bronze



Burnt bronze and tactical grey (I think)




Dark burnt bronze




4/10/2016 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Just because.




4/12/2016 10:34:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TanklessPro][Edited] [#49]
Some of my latest.....
4/26/2016 7:51:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: creedlemyerjones][Edited] [#50]

Just finish up this guy. added a little extra something to make it a little more Battle Worn.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 18
Next Page

Cerakote Picture Thread (Page 10 of 18)

Armory Sponsor