Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 8/28/2024 8:37:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DollopLobber]
I would like a Damascus Chinese cleaver style knife for use in the kitchen. Most searches end up showing me Amazon junk knives that are laser etched or generally not decent quality. What are some good brands of Damascus kitchen knives that I can look at? I can spend several hundred dollars for a single knife but not looking for anything $1000+. Thanks.

ETA, I don't spend much time in this sub-forum. I'm not seeing an obvious thread, but are there any recommended knife smiths that could possibly make me one?
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 10:55:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarkHatfield] [#1]
Why the insistence on Damascus?  I got interested in knives about 40 years ago and then Damascus blades were all handmade and averaged $100 per inch.  Nearly all D. seen now is foreign made and some say is more like cardboard.  Perhaps better to stay with a good tool steel.
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 3:39:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerForce] [#2]
No personal experience, yet, but worth a look, IMO: Alabama Damascus - Cleaver blade

Look at the home page - free shipping code might work. They also have a small selection of acrylic handle scales.

ETA: They also have a smaller cleaver-shaped blade- 3 inches: Alabama Damascus - Cheese knife
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top