Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2024 6:05:13 PM EDT
Hi all,

Is there a trick to keeping the clips aligned for optimum suppression & accuracy? It worked very well & repeatable—until I cleaned it.

The end caps keep rotating baffles out of alignment.  SWR sold their Spectre II to Silencerco and they updated the click-together indexing baffles with a click together tab to ensure alignment (I don’t recall the newer name), but my older version doesn’t have it.  The disassembly tool (a threaded stack-pusher) is too large for reassembly & I’m stumped what to try next.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 6:08:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LnWlf] [#1]
There are files out there to make your own tool for free if you have a 3d printer.

Here’s an option if you want to buy the tool

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CQMMMRC4?tag=arfcom00-20
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#2]
No printer.  I tried aluminum cleaning rods & the always popular duct tape to fashion a sort-of keyhole gadget, but it failed.

Thanks for the lead!

Cheers!
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is their web page too. I have one for my El Camino.

https://hammy3dprints.com/collections/silencer-tools
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#4]
My Spectre II WAS my quietest .22LR can until I cleaned it….

I’ve tried everything I could think of, except asking for help.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I use the Hammy3d alignment tool with my Oculus and Octane.

Before that I would use a thin plastic rod and try and align them clocked a little short. Then when the end cap was tighten down they would rotate slightly. Usually took a few tries before I was satisfied with the alignment.

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#6]
You can be as creative as you want.  I've used a large flathead screwdriver, a chopstick, and a stack of popsicle sticks with good success.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By giantpune:
You can be as creative as you want.  I've used a large flathead screwdriver, a chopstick, and a stack of popsicle sticks with good success.
View Quote

I like the popsicle stick idea.

Does any flavor work best?
I may have to buy several types to find the right one!

I had a hexagonal shaft screwdriver I used that worked, but since my wife “borrowed it” and can’t find it, reassembly has been problematic.  I did try chopsticks, which failed & tried making my own from cleaning rods & duct tape, as noted.

Actually, I’m concerned that cleaning & reassembly over years removed more than it should have.  I used CLP & it’s all stainless, but the extra-snap of a few thou that held the baffles tight has been loosening with use & cleaning.  When I first had it, friction fit was enough.  Over the years, the snap isn’t as tight.  I suspect that’s part of why the design evolved to include an indexing notch & “tooth” to fix alignment.

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#8]
You can try fixturing the stack together with a tiny drop of super glue to each lined up baffle as you build the stack. It will break down with heat and doesn’t have good shear strength but that may be enough to keep all but the last baffle lined up. With trial and error you can lube & mis-align that distal one to twist into place close enough.  Also Lube where the front cap inside edge transmits torque into the stack.  

It’s also a good idea to keep the clips in the same position in the tube every time to reduce POI shift drifting with cleanings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top