Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2024 3:41:41 PM EDT
Does anyone have DIY instructions for clipping an SUO HK-33 lower for a PTR? I'm not concerned with the pinning part, extra work for little gain.
Mainly, what tools, short of a mill, can be used to trim the inside ears to fit the semi shelf.
I know I can buy one already done, but, I already have this one, so, if not impossible, figured I'd give it a try.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I been doing all mine with files (rough and fine)  and calipers. The first I’d did was an SEF clipped for a PRT9. I just measured the shelf and ear spacing. Subtract the diff and divided in half and took that amount off each ear till had a slip fit. Then mated up the slot in lower to shelf. Be conscious of the line between the receiver and top of lower. Keep same gap when mating the lower’s slot to the shelf. Take too much off the top or bottom and the lower may drop down in the front and cause malfunctions. Just take your time. I’ve done around half dozen this way.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 10:47:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chargerdude70:
I been doing all mine with files (rough and fine)  and calipers. The first I’d did was an SEF clipped for a PRT9. I just measured the shelf and ear spacing. Subtract the diff and divided in half and took that amount off each ear till had a slip fit. Then mated up the slot in lower to shelf. Be conscious of the line between the receiver and top of lower. Keep same gap when mating the lower’s slot to the shelf. Take too much off the top or bottom and the lower may drop down in the front and cause malfunctions. Just take your time. I’ve done around half dozen this way.
View Quote

This is exactly what I figured it took. Damn....
Well, I needed an excuse to buy a couple more new files, so thanks!
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top