Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2024 9:14:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR]
Delete
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 11:09:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Caeser2001] [#1]
I would get my CC company involved, cancel the order and buy from a reputable vendor.

Edit, you're not getting gen 3 duals for that price.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Caeser2001:
I would get my CC company involved, cancel the order and buy from a reputable vendor.

Edit, you're not getting gen 3 duals for that price.
View Quote

The units I bought from NVN are Gen 3. I recognize I will need to spend more if I go elsewhere and will be getting a lesser brand (not L3 or ITT) but they will be new and white phosphor.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Sometimes other companies sell great stuff. I've had boringly consistent success with TNVC though. Night vision can be thought of as tuner kit, unless its L3 or Photonis, which is more like factory car. TNVC is like Shelby. Factory trusts them to tune and sell their stuff. Others vary from being similar, to bearing a resemblance to a Jiffy Lube.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for posting and I hope you resolve this.  I also think you should get your credit card company involved and dispute the charge.

I totally understand the desire to save money. I had the same thought process, but in the end went with a site sponsor here and had a great experience.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#5]
It says Omni 6/7 refurbs.

Omni 8 came on line in 2010.

Omni 6 in 2002
Omni 7 in 2006

Those tube are old by a good bit.

Did they give you a spec sheet?
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Nothing is likely  to get better with your transaction.....
Had great success with site sponsors they deliver what they sale as described and within time specificied every time.  Tried some other folks who had solid reps with actual purchasers,  They had high res tube pics up on zone maps and you selected your tubes from drop downs, in stock assembled units.  Sounds like you got and keep getting bullshit for your money. I dont have enough money to roll the dice on unknowns with these kinds of purchases.
I'd say a charge back is in order if you can make it happen.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Twitchy:
It says Omni 6/7 refurbs.

Omni 8 came on line in 2010.

Omni 6 in 2002
Omni 7 in 2006

Those tube are old by a good bit.

Did they give you a spec sheet?
View Quote

No, but if I get them in hand, I may be able to get that info from them with the S/N. Also, damn… didn’t realize these could potentially be so old.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 10:19:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Good luck man, buying nods can be thrilling and confusing at the same time. Hope you get what you're expecting.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Charge back and order from a place with good reputation.   Don't be cheap.  Call jrh / tnvc ect ..
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 1:07:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bbridson] [#10]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

No, but if I get them in hand, I may be able to get that info from them with the S/N. Also, damn… didn’t realize these could potentially be so old.
View Quote

If you ever get them in hand. I would say you've already been way too patient, especially after they admitted to the bait and switch. You could get a nice set of echos in a few different housings for that price with known specs and a warranty. It might be worth checking out Darq, NV Devices, CNV, and UNV as they all seem to have some stuff around $6,200. If you're planning on spending more then Steele could be another option.

Also things that I would be considering:

"the guy says these tubes will kick their ass."
How so? Omni 6/7 minimum specs are pretty similar to what you'd find from 1,800 FOM minimum echo tubes. I think I would even prefer a nice green high gain echo tube.

" L3 trade ins from a SOF unit that never deployed, so no hard use in a warzone."
This was said just so you would think it is cool. It also doesn't matter if they deployed or not, there are plenty of dudes just itching to fuck these up in training or take some selfies with the caps off.

"They will be Autogated or ANVIS 9" and "Well ANVIS 6-8 if that's the case."
This is now the second time that they have switched the product that you will be receiving without your permission and now you have written proof. All you need to do is send this to your credit card company and they'll have it settled in no time.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 8:58:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#11]
Originally Posted By bbridson:

If you ever get them in hand. I would say you've already been way too patient, especially after they admitted to the bait and switch. You could get a nice set of echos in a few different housings for that price with known specs and a warranty. It might be worth checking out Darq, NV Devices, CNV, and UNV as they all seem to have some stuff around $6,200. If you're planning on spending more then Steele could be another option.

Also things that I would be considering:

"the guy says these tubes will kick their ass."
How so? Omni 6/7 minimum specs are pretty similar to what you'd find from 1,800 FOM minimum echo tubes. I think I would even prefer a nice green high gain echo tube.

" L3 trade ins from a SOF unit that never deployed, so no hard use in a warzone."
This was said just so you would think it is cool. It also doesn't matter if they deployed or not, there are plenty of dudes just itching to fuck these up in training or take some selfies with the caps off.

"They will be Autogated or ANVIS 9" and "Well ANVIS 6-8 if that's the case."
This is now the second time that they have switched the product that you will be receiving without your permission and now you have written proof. All you need to do is send this to your credit card company and they'll have it settled in no time.
View Quote

All very valid points. My unit is slated to arrive today and I am eager to evaluate what NVN sent me. Definitely will not settle and am more than willing to fight this if need be. It’s been a litany of changing stories, missed deadlines, and eroded trust. Will update this thread later today.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#12]
OP updated
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 2:33:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:
I don't know enough to say whether they suck or not, but do you think they'll actually refund you even if you send them back?

Do you feel like you got what you paid for?
View Quote

Updated OP after speaking with my contact at NVN.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 10:45:40 PM EDT
[#15]
It looks like you got a pretty solid set. I'd be amazed if you actually noticed that spot during use. I have a PVS-7 that has a few spots all larger than that and I only ever notice them if I'm standing still.

You might be able to get some info on the tubes if you look through them at an angle when powered off.

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 8:29:35 AM EDT
[#16]
So I guess Nightline built these and NVN was a reseller? Just speculation, NVN was waiting for them to be shipped to them from Nightline?
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 9:03:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By bbridson:
It looks like you got a pretty solid set. I'd be amazed if you actually noticed that spot during use. I have a PVS-7 that has a few spots all larger than that and I only ever notice them if I'm standing still.

You might be able to get some info on the tubes if you look through them at an angle when powered off.

View Quote

I did use these last night and was able to mess with the focus on the ocular lenses and dial in the objective lens to get the clarity I was looking for. The spot is hella big when using the device and NVN is going to let me swap these out. However, I’m glad Mike encouraged me to still use them this weekend as I now appreciate that these are otherwise great!
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 9:12:31 AM EDT
[#18]
That spot really isn’t that bad.  If you’re staring at a white wall, of coarse you’ll see it but outside, with tree lines etc, you’ll never see that.  
Other than the run around w the purchase, glad it went ok for you.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I thought the owner of NVN was some dude named Dax?

Now Mike is the owner?

There are a lot of internet celebrities endorsing NVN.  My experience with them was AWFUL.  They dicked me around for almost a year waiting on a set of tubes.  Endless promises, never, delivered.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:
I thought the owner of NVN was some dude named Dax?

Now Mike is the owner?

There are a lot of internet celebrities endorsing NVN.  My experience with them was AWFUL.  They dicked me around for almost a year waiting on a set of tubes.  Endless promises, never, delivered.
View Quote

I was told there are three owners or something to that effect. I did send in my unit in for an exchange. They received my unit on the morning of June 20th. There have been several delays in getting me a replacement unit; each time I call, it's something else. This morning when I called to check the status of my replacement, I was told I would get a tracking number within 45 mins. Guess what I still don't have 10 hours later?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top