Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2024 6:26:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: caduckgunner]
I have some old FBI fingerprint cards with our prints on them (Trust). Can I just take the cards into the UPS store or something like that and have them scan them in? Or do we have to be there to have out fingers scanned? The cards are filled out and signed and dated from 2018. Nor sure if that matters or if I can still use the cards since they are so old.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
I have some old FBI fingerprint cards with our prints on them (Trust). Can I just take the cards into the UPS store or something like that and have them scan them in? Or do we have to be there to have out fingers scanned? The cards are filled out and signed and dated from 2018. Nor sure if that matters or if I can still use the cards since they are so old.
View Quote

Email these folks.
They made my EFT.
https://eftcreator.com/
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#2]
FPNI, but didn't offer much explaination.

Yes, there are some companies who can scan fingerprint cards and create an EFT.  No, UPS does not offer that service.  

However, the UPS store does have a fingerprint scanner and can create an EFT.  You have to book the appointment and pay through a separate website.  UPS store is just the physical location.

I think cost-wise and convenience-wise, just going to the UPS store to scan and get your EFT file the same day is the way to go.  Keep your fingerprint cards for some other time.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By giantpune:
FPNI, but didn't offer much explaination.

Yes, there are some companies who can scan fingerprint cards and create an EFT.  No, UPS does not offer that service.  

However, the UPS store does have a fingerprint scanner and can create an EFT.  You have to book the appointment and pay through a separate website.  UPS store is just the physical location.

I think cost-wise and convenience-wise, just going to the UPS store to scan and get your EFT file the same day is the way to go.  Keep your fingerprint cards for some other time.
View Quote
Called the UPS store and they said they could do it. I just drove over, the guy scanned it, and then said it would be a pdf. I told him I need it in an etf file, and he said they can't do it. He call the other 2 local stores and they all said they couldn't do it either.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 7:47:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: giantpune] [#4]
Called the UPS store and they said they could do it. I just drove over, the guy scanned it, and then said it would be a pdf. I told him I need it in an etf file, and he said they can't do it. He call the other 2 local stores and they all said they couldn't do it either.
View Quote

Its like you didn't even bother to read the answers to the thread.  

UPS stores do not offer scanning fingerprints or anything that gives you an EFT file that the ATF wants.  You go through a 3rd party website.  The 3rd party does not have a physical location.  Instead, they have fingerprint scanners around town, commonly in UPS store locations.  You pay the 3rd party online.  You book your appointment.  Then you show up to the UPS store to use the scanner at that appointment.  The employees at the UPS store know very little about the process or the machine.  Its largely up to you to figure it out by following the prompts on the screen.

https://printscan.com/Agencies/ATF
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 7:50:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eric496] [#5]
View Quote

Some of the PrintScan locations are inside UPS stores. https://printscan.com/Locations/Search

ETA: Too slow.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#6]

UPS stores do not offer scanning fingerprints or anything that gives you an EFT file that the ATF wants.  You go through a 3rd party website.  The 3rd party does not have a physical location.  Instead, they have fingerprint scanners around town, commonly in UPS store locations.  You pay the 3rd party online.  You book your appointment.  Then you show up to the UPS store to use the scanner at that appointment.  The employees at the UPS store know very little about the process or the machine.  Its largely up to you to figure it out by following the prompts on the screen.

View Quote
I went before anyone answered.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By eric496:

Some of the PrintScan locations are inside UPS stores. https://printscan.com/Locations/Search

View Quote
The ups store employee brought up that website and I told him that was the same site that directed me to  his store.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#8]
The ups store employee brought up that website and I told him that was the same site that directed me to  his store.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eric496:

Gotta make the appointment through that site. UPS store employees don't have anything to do with PrintScan.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 9:42:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VaFish] [#9]
Send them to Hansohn Brothers for conversion to EFT file.

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/hansohn-brothers/accessories/eft-conversion-service/
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I used Printscan for my eft file. It was $65. I also used the SS kiosk for the LGS. I have 2 cans that have been approved through CA already using the eft file. The cans through the LGS and SS trust are still pending. I'm not sure how recent the finger print card has to be.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By VaFish:
Send them to Hansohn Brothers for conversion to EFT file.

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/hansohn-brothers/accessories/eft-conversion-service/
View Quote

Yup. $35 and I’ve used it 3 times so far with no issues.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 4:31:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: caduckgunner] [#12]
Has anyone used https://www.tyr-ident.com/products/create-eft-file-from-scanned-fd-258-fingerprint-card. I already have the cards in pdf format. If not, I will just send them to hansohnbrothers.

Nevermind, I emailed them to Wojtek Weaponry to convert. I just read a bunch of good reviews. Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Thanks, just booked a appointment at the semi local(8 miles away)UPS store for Print Scan services.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#14]
you could also mail them to capitol armory and they will make an etf file and you can get a copy.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By swolliepop:
you could also mail them to capitol armory and they will make an etf file and you can get a copy.
View Quote

I did not know this. Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:

View Quote

Why 3 times? the EFT file is good for endless uses after you have it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By crazyelece:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crazyelece:
Originally Posted By bluedog82:

Pretty sure he means he's used "it" (the EFT file, after the conversion) 3 times without any processing issues...

Link Posted: 7/13/2024 6:21:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Do these EFT files "expire"?  Is there a cut-off date after which BATF won't accept them?  You and I both know that fingerprints don't change, but government is funny sometimes.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Silverbear_51:
Do these EFT files "expire"?  Is there a cut-off date after which BATF won't accept them?
View Quote
No.

(Physical fingerprint cards don’t either.)
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By TheMercenary:

Pretty sure he means he's used "it" (the EFT file, after the conversion) 3 times without any processing issues...

View Quote

Makes more sense. I read it as he used the service three times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top