Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2023 9:22:52 PM EDT
What is your favorite grease for suppressors, and why?

My CGS Hydra just ate a bunch of breakthrough clean grease, and I'm just thinking it's kind of expensive to coat all of those surfaces in enough grease to try to catch the lead and crud so it wipes off. The reason I chose that grease is because it has a high temperature range... and I have no idea what I'm doing. Appreciate some advice from the experienced folks.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean to coat baffles and boosters etc?

I’ve used dielectric grease for ten years or more with my 9mm can.  Thin coating on the baffles and they clean easily.  Granted I’m not shooting FA or thousands of rounds per session so the thickness or amount used may vary
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Just use anti seize if you want durability.  That shit never comes off of anything.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just use anti seize if you want durability.  That shit never comes off of anything.
View Quote

Came here today at this moment in time to post this
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do you mean to coat baffles and boosters etc?

I’ve used dielectric grease for ten years or more with my 9mm can.  Thin coating on the baffles and they clean easily.  Granted I’m not shooting FA or thousands of rounds per session so the thickness or amount used may vary
View Quote

This is the answer for baffles.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I once used this:

Ended up looking like this:

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:35:37 PM EDT
[#6]
CRC Silaramic Brake Grease on my rim fire cans. Keeps the lead and carbon from sticking so I can clean them almost spotless with a paper towel.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#7]

LOL, good to know! I'm very wary of anti-seize. It seems to get everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:56:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
CRC Silaramic Brake Grease on my rim fire cans. Keeps the lead and carbon from sticking so I can clean them almost spotless with a paper towel.
View Quote

Holy cow, -50f to 3000f.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 12:31:29 AM EDT
[#9]
This is relevant to my interests. Thanks ya'll for the info.

I need to buy some so I can shoot my rimfire can more.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 11:46:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Geissele Go Juice
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:18:09 AM EDT
[#11]
havent used it on baffles yet but i bought some food grade anti sieze off mcmaster and it came in a lifetime supply size container so ill probably be using that for the rest of my life. Its white in color and doesnt get everywhere like normal anti seize. rated for -10f to 2300f. Been using it on my taper mounts.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

LOL, good to know! I'm very wary of anti-seize. It seems to get everywhere.
View Quote

If very carefully applied, like on the end of a toothpick, the nickel based super high temp stuff is great for making sure you can get gas screws (like on a SCAR) out at a later time.  Apart from that it is messy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 4:27:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
havent used it on baffles yet but i bought some food grade anti sieze off mcmaster and it came in a lifetime supply size container so ill probably be using that for the rest of my life. Its white in color and doesnt get everywhere like normal anti seize. rated for -10f to 2300f. Been using it on my taper mounts.
View Quote
Link to the specific stuff you bought? Please.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 8:07:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Link to the specific stuff you bought? Please.
View Quote

Food Industry Antiseize Lubricants, 1 lbs. Brush-Top Can

https://www.mcmaster.com/9438K1

the stuff that showed up was Logix thread smart, which i believe is the same product as Lok cease.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 11:38:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I have been using Jetlube ECF, but I will be trying the Permatex 24125 next outing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 9:19:56 PM EDT
[#16]
This stuff works well for me on pistons, QD mounts, etc. Bought a tube years ago and it's still going strong.
Amazon Product
  • Patented synthetic NLGI grade 2 heavy-duty, multipurpose lubricant
  • Dielectric, Food Grade, Clean
  • NSF Rating H-1, safe for incidental food contact

Link Posted: 1/28/2023 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I just use Walmart brand high temp wheel bearing grease on the threads of the end cap and base cap of my DA Mask. I also put a light film of grease on the baffle stack too.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I own 4 total suppressors total and brought my first rimfire can home today and this thread leads me to ask, do I need to be using grease on my El Camino? I read over the instructions several times and saw no mention of it.

Also, do I need to be greasing the YHM cans or QDs they live on? I've yet to have a problem but I dont want to invite it either.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 9:56:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Also, do I need to be greasing the YHM cans or QDs they live on? I've yet to have a problem but I dont want to invite it either.
View Quote

I was wondering this also. Just took possession of a Turbo K this past Saturday.

Edit: Autocorrect made a mess of the first part.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I tested in knowing this also. Just took possession of a Turbo K this past Saturday.
View Quote

I would not grease any part of a supersonic centerfire rifle can.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I own 4 total suppressors total and brought my first rimfire can home today and this thread leads me to ask, do I need to be using grease on my El Camino? I read over the instructions several times and saw no mention of it.

View Quote

I grease the threads on my Mask to prevent carbon lock on the end and base caps. I also put a LIGHT coat of grease on the baffle stack to prevent them from getting stuck too.

I have no experience with Centerfire cans
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#22]
I use Birchwood Casey RIG for piston assemblies. Liberally. Makes them easier to clean and they cycle smoothly for a very long time.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Someone elsewhere suggested using Bore Butter, its designed for muzzleloaders. Sort of makes sense that it might be resilient on baffles. I bought a tube because it was cheap, have not tried it yet. Ill probably give my rimfire can a good cleaning and then coat it and see how it does.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I was wondering this also. Just took possession of a Turbo K this past Saturday.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wipe down my muzzle QDs with CLP, same with suppressor threads. Any external moving parts, like locking ring I put CLP or gun oil on.
Nothing in baffles.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I tried some Cherry Balmz on my .22 cans and 9mm can. Worked fairly well overall , but not much better than old tetra grease or bearing grease .
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#26]
What about just using carb cleaner?
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#27]
For rim fire and pistol cans l coat baffles in silicon oil (there were a ton of threads on it a while back). I put antisieze on the threads of all end caps. I put antisieze on threads of center-fire can mounts as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top