Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2024 2:18:33 PM EDT
So I have an OPS Core helmet with a Surefire M340V light which I couldn't be happier with.  They are awesome.  

The problem is the Surefire is mounted with a Thyrm Variarc... which doesn't like to stay on the rail where I mount it.   Thyrm Variarc slides and then falls off when it gets pushed too much.

Is there a quick fix for this?  Should I look at some other mounting solution?
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By R_S:
So I have an OPS Core helmet with a Surefire M340V light which I couldn't be happier with.  They are awesome.  

The problem is the Surefire is mounted with a Thyrm Variarc... which doesn't like to stay on the rail where I mount it.   Thyrm Variarc slides and then falls off when it gets pushed too much.

View Quote

Electric tape on the dovetail of the Variarc should keep it from falling off.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll give that a try.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 6:31:06 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

Ditch that Surefire. Go to Princeton Tech if more Admin related but if in need for both white/IR then INFORCE makes great alternatives which don't drain your CC. Loved first one so much I added one to each helmet. Simple enough for a caveman.

INFORCE Thread on HML

TW Bump w both PT & INFORCE.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#4]
So I tried the electrical tape and that is working well.  

BTW, already have a Princeton Tec on the other side, but I've found extra power is needed, for administrative purposes if nothing else.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 10:56:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MunnyShot] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
So I tried the electrical tape and that is working well.  

BTW, already have a Princeton Tec on the other side, but I've found extra power is needed, for administrative purposes if nothing else.
View Quote

Depending on what I'm doing I run a SureFire V1 on a VTac mount /X300V, on a VariArc on my left side for umbrella lighting and admin. On the right I run a StreamLight Stalk white, color, IR, with multiple modes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top