Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2024 3:55:26 PM EDT
I recently got one of the flir scions from the gd deal thread. I want to harvest the camera and put it inside some sort of gimble housing. Does anybody know where i could get a gimble housing that might fit these cameras?

Im thinking something like this:
https://www.sionyx.com/products/nightwave?variant=40567036739654
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 5:06:39 PM EDT
[#1]
In to see where this goes!
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Not worth the trouble unless you have a double E and the bench equipment to put it all together and align it.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:05:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Depending on the core of your camera it's possible but not easy. Easiest route is harvesting a golight camera and retrofitting your flir into it and use wifi to broadcast video feed. Other options are pan/tilt mechanisms for dslr cameras, some you can 3d print but that's a big undertaking as well.  

I want to say night goggles had a small wifi pan/tilt at one point, you might find that.

The second challenge becomes controlling the camera remotely.  The flir marine pan tilt cameras use a joystick to control the pan/tilt and we'll as cycle through camera settings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top