Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2024 1:50:58 PM EDT
Posted this on the wrong folder...

Hey all,

Are there any products or methods that let you set "stops" for the focal length?

Ideally I would be able to set a stop for infinity and up close, so instead of needing to use the pin hole covers + illuminator, I could just quickly adjust the lenses. The pinhole or aperture adjustments work, but significantly cut back on usable light when using the closer focal length.

Anything out there like that?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 1:59:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chosos] [#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 6:39:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Riley] [#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 3:13:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNVC_Riley:
I do have one option I totally forgot about for monocular users. It falls under redneck engineering but it would work if you are really committed to the idea of having a close focus stop:

You can use a butler creek scope cap or LPVO throw lever and have them attached to the lens so that when you adjust the lens they will stop against the battery compartment, effectively giving you one close focus stop setting that you can adjust to your liking.
View Quote

Outside of a purpose built product, this is the exact sort of suggestion I was looking for. I'll give that a shot! Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top