Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2024 6:43:33 PM EDT
Anyone know if there are other options than the RCM barrel? I’d rather have 5/8x24  threads but I don’t think there’s any room for 5/8” threads in any of the commonly available barrels I could cut down.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Must be. I’ve wore out the search engines looking. I could swear I saw them being offered once but I must have been mistaken.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah being able to cut it down and still fit 5/8-24 threads was my biggest concern. I was eyeballing the full size RCM and wondering if there’s enough meat on it. I wouldn’t call PTR trash or anything but I suspect the hammer forged barrel from RCM is a few rungs up.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 10:56:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 1:24:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BASE:
Yeah being able to cut it down and still fit 5/8-24 threads was my biggest concern. I was eyeballing the full size RCM and wondering if there’s enough meat on it. I wouldn’t call PTR trash or anything but I suspect the hammer forged barrel from RCM is a few rungs up.
View Quote

I have a PTR K3P and a G3K clone with a RCM barrel. The RCM barrel quality is superior to the PTR. It’s not even close.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Richardmofo:

I have a PTR K3P and a G3K clone with a RCM barrel. The RCM barrel quality is superior to the PTR. It’s not even close.
View Quote

Yeah I really like RCM stuff, right up there with German parts IMO. I’m pretty sure the PTR “match” barrel would work for me but I’d really rather have a hammer forged RCM if I can make it work. I just don’t want to deal with 15mm threads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top