Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2024 10:02:17 AM EDT
I plan on SBR’ing a Glock 17 for a MCK Gen 2 stock system.  I’m pretty confident the polymer needs to be engraved but not sure of the *best* place for it.  Under trigger guard?  Just trying to get some ideas, thanks folks.
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Bottom of the trigger guard is the most popular from what I've seen.  But anywhere visible on the outside of the frame would meet the requirement.
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#2]
mine is under trigger guard
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, seems like the best consensus… NEXT and hopefully last question… does the SilencerShop kiosk allow Form 1’s yet?  One dealer told me know but I swear I saw it on Silencer Shops website as an option.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 6:19:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#4]
Straight from ATF chapter 6.2.1:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
Straight from ATF chapter 6.2.1:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173511/1000007030_png-3248944.JPG
View Quote
That is no longer accurate.  The law was changed in 2022 so now the maker's markings must be on the receiver, the barrel and slide are no longer options.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
That is no longer accurate.  The law was changed in 2022 so now the maker's markings must be on the receiver, the barrel and slide are no longer options.
View Quote

Well nevermind then, have a link?
As long as it's not retroactive im fine
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By kersty52:
Cool, seems like the best consensus… NEXT and hopefully last question… does the SilencerShop kiosk allow Form 1’s yet?  One dealer told me know but I swear I saw it on Silencer Shops website as an option.
View Quote

Only reason you need the kiosk is for fingerprints.
Once those are in your SS account you can do F1's through the SS site if you so choose.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Not retroactive, if you marked it elsewhere before the law changed you're fine.  The change was a part of the "Bipartisan Safer Communities Act" that also made it so 18-20 year olds have an automatic waiting period.

Here is the current law verbiage for marking:

27 CFR 479.102 Identification of firearms

a.Identification required. Except as otherwise provided in this section, you, as a manufacturer, importer, or maker of a firearm, must legibly identify the firearm as follows:

1.SERIAL NUMBER, NAME, PLACE OF BUSINESS. By engraving, casting, stamping (impressing), or otherwise conspicuously placing or causing to be engraved, cast, stamped (impressed) or otherwise placed on the frame or receiver thereof, an individual serial number, in a manner not susceptible of being readily obliterated, altered, or removed. The serial number must not duplicate any serial number placed by you on any other firearm. The frame or receiver must also be marked with either: Your name (or recognized abbreviation), and city and State (or recognized abbreviation) where you as a manufacturer or importer maintain your place of business, or in the case of a maker, where you made the firearm; or if a manufacturer or importer, your name (or recognized abbreviation) and the serial number that begins with your abbreviated Federal firearms license number, which is the first three and last five digits, as a prefix to a unique identification number, followed by a hyphen, e.g., "12345678-[unique identification number]"; and

2.MODEL, CALIBER OR GAUGE, FOREIGN MANUFACTURER, COUNTRY OF MANUFACTURE. By engraving, casting, stamping (impressing), or otherwise conspicuously placing or causing to be engraved, cast, stamped (impressed) or placed on the frame or receiver, or barrel or pistol slide (if applicable) thereof certain additional information. This information must be placed in a manner not susceptible of being readily obliterated, altered, or removed. The additional information shall include:

i.The model, if such designation has been made;

ii.The caliber or gauge;

iii.When applicable, the name of the foreign manufacturer or maker; and

iv.In the case of an imported firearm, the name of the country in which it was manufactured. For additional requirements relating to imported firearms, see Customs regulations at 19 CFR part 134.

Link Posted: 6/23/2024 8:02:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kersty52] [#9]

Once those are in your SS account you can do F1's through the SS site if you so choose.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kersty52:

THAT is awesome to know, my prints are already on file. Thank you@RDTCU
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
Not retroactive, if you marked it elsewhere before the law changed you're fine.  The change was a part of the "Bipartisan Safer Communities Act" that also made it so 18-20 year olds have an automatic waiting period.

Here is the current law verbiage for marking:

27 CFR 479.102 Identification of firearms

View Quote

ATF hasn't updated the NFA Handbook yet.   I guess it's only been two years, whats the rush.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/undefined/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-chapter-6/download
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Would love to see the final edition once you get it all finished.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 7:48:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCARed] [#12]
Ka-pow...
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top