BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've already sent the SN to Glock to document it's date of manufacture. And yes. I plan to shoot the snot out of it..!!
View Quote
What are you hoping to accomplish or document with this?

glock still makes 17l's in batches, but not regularly.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is your Glock registered as a SBR? If not then you are not in legal bounds!
Please check with the ATF to find out for sure.
The "BRACE" is not allowed for PISTOL size weapons. ONLY for heavier types, like AR15s.
Please check so you stay out of Jail.
BUT, BOY! DO I HOPE I AM WRONG!
View Quote
You're wrong.  Really, really wrong.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've already sent the SN to Glock to document it's date of manufacture. And yes. I plan to shoot the snot out of it..!!

You are correct, but when Glock makes them they are in limited numbers. I wanted to confirm and document the DOM of my 17L, which was 08NOV2016.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The "BRACE" is not allowed for PISTOL size weapons. ONLY for heavier types, like AR15s.
just go with it... :)
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Please feel free to chime in with your commentary and/or opinions. Thank you.
View Quote
My only comment is to point out that the ATF was trying to nail that one dude last year on SBR charges based on arguments they tried to have the court seal from the public, and that an arbitrary ass-pull LOP limit - IIRC, 13" - was one of their points.

I'd toss a tailhook on an HK or B&T slider, but I don't think I'd try it on a Glock stock platform.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Pistol Brace prototype~0002. The upper/lower tube adapters along with the tailhook brace adapter will be 3D printed.

Link Posted: 4/21/2019 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pistol Brace prototype~0002. The upper/lower tube adapters along with the tailhook brace adapter will be 3D printed.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/GLOCK%2019%20%20GLR440%20with%20Mod1%20Tailhook%20Brace/EC995EFC-58F3-4024-A7A2-44A83507ADFA_zpsm7nbwowr.jpg
View Quote
It looks very nice!  Will the top rail return all the way back to the frame?  Also for future prototypes consider a hinge a'la Swedish K style folding loop

Great work!  Thanks for your effort.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It looks very nice!  Will the top rail return all the way back to the frame?  Also for future prototypes consider a hinge a'la Swedish K style folding loop

Great work!  Thanks for your effort.
View Quote
Thank you. The top rail will actually attach to an adapter that will secure the upper frame of the pistol.  Prototype models have been rendered. It’s a slow process. ;)
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Heck, that looks sweet!

I don't even think it needs to be elaborate. Keep it one piece and made of wire like it is, but add some sort of QD lever like the brace you originally modified had, and have it so that it tensions off the back beavertail and that is all that it will have to have. If it can be quickly installed and removed who cares if it folds?
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice stock!

Blatantly designed and intended to be fired from shoulder.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 9:55:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Bunch of Nervous Nellys all up in this shit.  LOS--good job! And I really like your Beretta check piece on my ARX-(which is not a pistol! or sbr!).
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Bunch of Nervous Nellys all up in this shit.  LOS--good job! And I really like your Beretta check piece on my ARX-(which is not a pistol! or sbr!).
View Quote
Lmao. No kidding.

Thank you for your kind words. FYI, I’m launching my new riser for the ARX100/160  in a few weeks. The CR200.  “200” should give you a good clue on it’s design. ;)
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So I've had a few members IM me the last few days asking how I achieved maximum 13.5" LOP on a brace that is made to extend beyond that measurement.  The modification process is easy to do. First I cut a solid piece of metal rod to the length of the width of the exterior brace tube. This small metal rod will be the Stop-Pin that will prevent the brace from exceeding maximum LOP. For reference take a look at the factory stop-pin that's located in the rear of the brace tube.

Next, with the brace attached to the glock I adjusted and measured the length of the brace to maximum LOP. I then disconnected the brace from the glock and drilled through the inner brace arm at the point where it meets/stops at the shoulder of the outer brace tube. The brace cannot/will not extend beyond 13.5" with the metal stop-pin inserted through the hole. The stop-pin will be JB welded to the inner brace arm by this weekend.

I also made a small collar that fits tightly between the retractable arm and the brace body. This collar will act as a stop that will prevent the brace from retracting during recoil.

Here's a few pics of the Mod...:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/GLOCK%2019%20%20GLR440%20with%20Mod1%20Tailhook%20Brace/651DD7EE-0C35-44BE-B214-DD71161F6ADE_zpsjne4guzb.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/GLOCK%2019%20%20GLR440%20with%20Mod1%20Tailhook%20Brace/83DC1E48-BE5F-4D7D-BE4D-11C7CF022A9A_zpsvhpmgzpd.jpg
View Quote
Is 13.5” LOP some sort of regulation?  I have a SIG Copperhead that came with a factory brace that has an 11” LOP and an OAL of 17”.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Better write a letter real quick!
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:19:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice job! The tailhook mod1 has opened up so many possibilities.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:37:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I kinda want to put a brace on my glock 34 SBR just to troll wanna be rules Nazis at the local range.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 12:48:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not nervous, just not stupid either.  How can you, with a straight face, call something an "arm brace" that isn't even capable of lining up with your arm?

(Not even considering the fact that it has a cheek rest.)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top