Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/7/2021 11:21:13 AM EDT
Found this locally for $730 used. Had it out last night with a MysticX, really impressive with 38SPL, just a pffft ... ~Clang~ shck-shck repeat 9x

Hit my 100 and 200yd steel torso targets with my 158gr LSWC 357 MAG super load. Got a rail coming for it and will do some accuracy testing with an LPVO soon.
Great trigger and sights too.
Attachment Attached File

With my 19-5 snubby.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice score. I like the look of the all black guns they have.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I love my .44 Big Boy X. You got a good deal.

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Found this locally for $730 used.
View Quote
Wow.

People are still scrambling to buy them new, and you found a used one?

Well done.

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Found this locally for $730 used.
View Quote

Love that model.  Love the option of both tube loading and side loading gate. GET BOTH.

NapoleonLucky.gif
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/IGdN821.jpg
View Quote

Wow.  Looks great.

What rail?

That the mini IR laser?

Hog gun?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:38:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Great score!!  I need one of those but no luck finding one locally.  That’s a keeper for sure!
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 12:52:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Great score.  GB prices are stupid on these right now.  Can't find any at my distributors.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:32:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Sure would be nice to just get threaded basic models, the stocks on those are just not for me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sure would be nice to just get threaded basic models, the stocks on those are just not for me.
View Quote

I thought that initially too. I like walnut when it suits the gun. At least its not painted wood like the Dark Marlins.

It goes pretty well with most of my other black rifles.

Threaded/shortened 77/357 added here. Now I need a Stainless snubby to even it out.
Attachment Attached File

One thing the 77/357 has over the Henry is it will feed/cycle my super heavy PCCB sub loads.
245gr SAECO 352 mold, 38SPL brass, 7.7gr Lil'gun, 1040fps, 588fpe and mouse fart quiet.

I can single load them through the port but it will only cycle normal OAL 357 mags from the tube.
May have to reseat a few to shorter and retry.
Same rifling twist in both. Really glad Henry did that.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice!

How was that forend removal? I heard it was a bitch. Something about drilling the front.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I thought that initially too. I like walnut when it suits the gun. At least its not painted wood like the Dark Marlins.

It goes pretty well with most of my other black rifles.

Threaded/shortened 77/357 added here. Now I need a Stainless snubby to even it out.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1147/20210407_143427_jpg-1897163.JPG

One thing the 77/357 has over the Henry is it will feed/cycle my super heavy PCCB sub loads.
245gr SAECO 352 mold, 38SPL brass, 7.7gr Lil'gun, 1040fps, 588fpe and mouse fart quiet.

I can single load them through the port but it will only cycle normal OAL 357 mags from the tube.
May have to reseat a few to shorter and retry.
Same rifling twist in both. Really glad Henry did that.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1147/1428449641_zpsae1b5527_jpg-1897166.JPG
View Quote
Thank you for posting a picture with your X and a 77/357.  I keep toying with getting a 77/357, but seeing that it's effectively the same as my 1894 kinda cools my jets on that a bit.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#12]
mega cool, wish these were plentiful
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:18:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Wow.  Looks great.

What rail?

That the mini IR laser?

Hog gun?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.  Looks great.

What rail?

That the mini IR laser?

Hog gun?

Henry Rail.
RangerPointPrecision forearm
@TNVC TOR Mini

I've taken it hog hunting, but yet to see a hog while carrying it. I want to shoot one with my full house 240 gr loads.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:19:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

So buy one and switch the stocks out. cant be that hard.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:22:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nice!

How was that forend removal? I heard it was a bitch. Something about drilling the front.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice!

yeah, I scraped up the barrel a little, which though not a big deal, I wish i had avoided. If you're gonna do it, just use a Dremel and take your time (be aware that this will destroy the OEM handguard, which drilling out would do as well).

I had a local smith install the Ranger Point Precision MLOK rail, and I really like it. Worth every penny.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice score OP, I'm definitely jealous! I've been hunting for one for over a year, have stock notifications set all over the place and I can't ever get there fast enough.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Good gun, thinks for sharing.

I never understood why people would need a suppressor, I thought it was silly. Then I read about people using them back east for hunting deer. It now makes so much sense.

And then there's not blowing your ear drums out if you happen to fire your gun in the house.

Those Black model Henry's and Marlins are through the roof. Not my style but they could be the next evil black guns
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 11:42:53 PM EDT
[#18]
My LGS has a Henry X in 45-70 for $899.99 but I’m holding out for a 38/357 myself  
This is the second Henry X 45-70 I’ve seen in the wild
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Nice OP! I just ordered a Big Boy X in .357, and have a Liberty Mystic X to use on it.

Have you seen the upgrade program from Liberty to update the Mystic X into the Infinity X? They replace the baffles with titanium and it cuts a ton of weight. $450, if I remember. I saw that yesterday when I went to order a proper size thread adapter for my can.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
... They replace the baffles with titanium and it cuts a ton of weight. ...
View Quote

Yeah, saw that a while back. It is either 2.8 or 3.0 oz difference, they have two different weights for InfinityX depending on which page you read.
I bought two MysticX's in '18 to add to my other seven rimfire/pistol/centerfire can collection. Would buy again.
If it was $250 or just the MSRP difference between the two I would be interested.

I know, sounds like cheaping out after the fuck-ton of money I have in NFA. It's all so tiring..
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yeah, saw that a while back. It is either 2.8 or 3.0 oz difference, they have two different weights for InfinityX depending on which page you read.
I bought two MysticX's in '18 to add to my other seven rimfire/pistol/centerfire can collection. Would buy again.
If it was $250 or just the MSRP difference between the two I would be interested.

I know, sounds like cheaping out after the fuck-ton of money I have in NFA. It's all so tiring..
View Quote

I only have the Mystic X... So far I only have a CZ P-09 to use it on. I HAVE threaded it onto my ARX-100, but the previous limitations were ".223 out of a 16" barrel, slow fire only". The Infinity X upgrade shows ".223 out of 11.5" barrel, semi-auto only"... so I figure the upgrade would make it useable on my ARX. Eventually I'll probably pick up a 22/45 and use it on that as well. I love the idea of having one can for multiple guns.

Won't do the upgrade right away, but I think it's something I'd like to do. I wonder if they'll let you keep the original baffles.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:16:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Picked up my Henry today. It's heavier and more solid feeling than I expected! I kinda thought the stocks would be lighter, but they are pretty solid. That's not a bad thing... I wouldn't feel hesitant to butt-stroke a fool if I needed to.

The thread adapter for my can shipped, so I should have that soon. I'll just need to find some ammo... then some bullets, powder and primer so I can roll my own.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#23]
You’ll love it!  Suppressed lever guns are my favorite for sure!
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Picked up the rifle Monday, got the thread adapter for my can in the mail today. I can see the stock sights over the can, so that's nice.

Attachment Attached File

Adding: Gotta say, it's interesting that it has no safety mechanism. Oh well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Picked up the rifle Monday, got the thread adapter for my can in the mail today. I can see the stock sights over the can, so that's nice.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14121/PXL_20210424_000322012_jpg-1916423.JPG

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/ThisIsMySafety-137.jpg
View Quote
The hammer is the safety
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:56:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The hammer is the safety
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14121/PXL_20210424_000322012_jpg-1916423.JPG

The hammer is the safety

Nah, it's my finger.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Just picked up a X in 44 mag locally for $819. It’s a shame it isn’t July 1st because there wouldn’t be sales tax on it...

Interesting to see the serial number includes my county and state.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Out of all the lever guns available Henry is probably the only company I still trust to hold high quality standards
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#29]
I was happy to pay $875 for mine.  

I am suppressor stupid.  Is there one someone can recommend that could be used on the 357 X and also on a 9mm AR pistol?
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:49:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I am suppressor stupid.  Is there one someone can recommend that could be used on the 357 X and also on a 9mm AR pistol?
View Quote

I use my Rex MG7(in .358) on all my fixed barrel PCC’s and subgun.
SiCo Omega9k, YHM R9 or Nitro20, DA Wolfman, Rugged Obsidian, CGS Mod9, etc. are more great choices.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:08:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I was happy to pay $875 for mine.  

View Quote

Liberty Mystic X 9mm will work with any handgun cartridge 9mm or smaller in diameter, and will work with rifles under some limited circumstances. I think the Mystic X has been superseded by the Infinity X, which has fewer limitations.

They're the Swiss Army Knife of suppressors.

The stock sights on the Big Boy X in .357 are still visible above my Mystic X, so that's a bonus. Fatter suppressors would likely obstruct the stock irons.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:33:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Love the option of both tube loading and side loading gate. GET BOTH.
View Quote

I see the tube as an option to unload without working the action so much.  Yet another way to, "GET BOTH".
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:50:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

It has a transfer bar safety in the hammer.

Do you have any trouble with feeding .38 spl? Mine will occasionally not pick a round up, but with .357 it is flawless
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It has a transfer bar safety in the hammer.

Do you have any trouble with feeding .38 spl? Mine will occasionally not pick a round up, but with .357 it is flawless
View Quote

Haven't gotten to the range yet... and so far I only have 150 rounds of .357. I will obtain some .38spl before going to the range to test out... I'll post here. Hopefully I'll have time to do that by the end of the month.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 1:20:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Just impulse bought the first Henry X .357 I have ever seen. Super excited to get it to the range and try it out $890 at the Fort Benning PX.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#36]
I passed on a .45lc locally which I probably shouldn’t off. I’ve been holding out for a .44 due to reloading supplies.   Henry makes a nice rifle ans I’m glad they finally have a loading gate. The combo with the tube is perfect.  The only thing that drives me insane are the short cut mag tubes.  I hate it.  
It’s bad enough I’ve had to fix a few Marlins.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I passed on a .45lc locally which I probably shouldn’t off. I’ve been holding out for a .44 due to reloading supplies.   Henry makes a nice rifle ans I’m glad they finally have a loading gate. The combo with the tube is perfect.  The only thing that drives me insane are the short cut mag tubes.  I hate it.  
View Quote

What do you mean by "short cut"? Mag tubes that are shorter than the barrel?
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who makes the railed forend?
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@amendment

RangerPointPrecision
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe that's what he means.

And YES! That particular Henry feature flips my OCD switch, too!
It just looks... wrong.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cut short IMO
I prefer when the mag tube is within a 1/4 in or even with the back of the crown of the barrel.
I assume Henry has them at the shorter length due to originally having only  the tube mag load design vs side gate loading.  It’s purely aesthetic.   I have a 20in Henry BB steel pre side gate and it drives me insane.  I need to order longer inner/outer tubes and “fox” it.

BTW on the threaded barrel the mag tube obviously needs some setback for the suppressor.   The only way to have the longer tube would be to have a adapter.  IE .578x28 to .578x28
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#42]
you are winning at life!
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:21:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Cut short IMO
I prefer when the mag tube is within a 1/4 in or even with the back of the crown of the barrel.
I assume Henry has them at the shorter length due to originally having only  the tube mag load design vs side gate loading.  It’s purely aesthetic.   I have a 20in Henry BB steel pre side gate and it drives me insane.  I need to order longer inner/outer tubes and “fox” it.

BTW on the threaded barrel the mag tube obviously needs some setback for the suppressor.   The only way to have the longer tube would be to have a adapter.  IE .578x28 to .578x28
View Quote

Oh yeah, I don't really see any reason for the mag to be shorter than the barrel on a lever gun; they could have fit at least one more round in the mag of my 45-70 if they did.

There was a guy with a Henry all weather .357 with a can on a tri-lug mount who put out a youtube video a couple years ago. He had to take the can off to reload, but the tri-lug made it easy.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Does anyone know if a wood stock would be compatible with this (either front and rear or just for the rear stock)?
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:53:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if a wood stock would be compatible with this (either front and rear or just for the rear stock)?
View Quote

Henry sells the wood stocks and forends on their webstore. The stock will swap out easily just removing the tang screws. The handguard will require you to add the end cap, which may require removal of the magazine.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

@amendment

RangerPointPrecision
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@amendment

RangerPointPrecision

Cool, thanks

Link Posted: 7/8/2021 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#47]
I have a 9mm can and I am having evil thoughts right now.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:35:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do it. I my "free" Octane 9 has been awesome on my Henry.

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:58:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Can confirm, she's quiet. Although, can't say I'm a fan of the EGW base. It's a bit taller than I was wanting.

Link Posted: 7/15/2021 1:54:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

This Rossi was in stock within the last week if you're already a 92 guy.
https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/247520

@wildearp
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top