Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2024 3:34:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chuck25]

Update:  sorry for the slow response took in a new horse and have been slammed.  So far no joy, loading fate screw was loose and i tightened it now the gate won’t move at all and its still locked.  Any ideas what I can do now?  Thansk for the help yall.

Shooting the other day and suddenly the bolt won’t close all the way or open.  Cleared it after wiggling it and it would close 95% the ejected spring happened to be worn and I went ahead and replaced the lever latch.Attachment Attached File

Still no joy pulled the Skinner off to make sure nothing was binding still no joy.  Any ideas?

Edited to clarify,  it’s stuck again in the same position it was at the range again.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 4:04:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had this happen when the port loading hinged door is loose and gets in the way.  Can you check and make sure that is free and moving as designed, and pressed flush up against the inside of the receiver?
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure the loading gate screw is tight.

I've had the same issue on a few Marlins.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Long shot, but when you installed the Skinner did you use lock tite?  Some may have leaked into the action causing a rough spot.  If you did I hope it was blue.  Try putting a bit of acetone in the screw holes.  Oh, and an over tight loading gate screw can also cause binding.  When you get the lever to move strip it and clean and closely inspect it.  If you aren't sure of the procedure take it to a smith.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top