Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2024 6:19:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By bigbore:
Trying to do this so it doesn't turn into a what's it worth fishing thread.

A friend who was a one man show 07/02 was killed last month.   He had quite a few post samples and I'm helping the family dispose of them.  Several I'd assume would be worth more cut up as parts kits, but not sure if that's the case since they are no letter MGs.   Are closed GB auctions the best way to get a value?  No factory guns but there is an M2, SAW, M240, M60, RPD, RPK, and several subguns.
View Quote

I agree I think an auction is best way to determine value.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 8:30:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Flevvy] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

This may be a stupid question, but do these post samples have to go through all the bullshit to transfer that transferables do?  Meaning will, probate letters, statements heirs etc....
View Quote

Post-samples can't technically be owned by an individual, so I assume not? Would they not just be under the FFL/company and transfered out of that to another FFL?

If that's the case someone who has proper Eforms authorization could initiate the Form 3.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 9:05:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 10:51:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Flevvy] [#5]

That was going to be my next question.  The deceased was the only authorized efile account holder.  Can the court appointed administrator create an account to efile these items, or will the administrator have to do everything the paper way?
View Quote

Oof, yeah since they were the only account holder, that might be an issue. As much as I hate to say, this might require asking ATF for help.

Unless by some miracle of business/estate law there's someone that inherited ownership of the company.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#7]

This may be a stupid question, but do these post samples have to go through all the bullshit to transfer that transferables do?  Meaning will, probate letters, statements heirs etc....
View Quote

The one I acquired didnt. Just F3. Was handled like a Discontinuation of business.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 4:56:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RenegadeX] [#8]
Originally Posted By Flevvy:
Post-samples can't technically be owned by an individual, so I assume not?.
View Quote

Sure they can if they are FFL/SOT.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top