Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2024 10:38:51 AM EDT
Buddy buys two suppressors in late 2023.  Goes to SOT and E-files.  Suppressor #1 get approved in four months, which he regarded as record time.  He figures #2 should be right behind it.  Four months later still no approval.  Finally buddy emails NFA and instead of the reply saying it's still pending, the reply says #2 was approved 4 days after #1.  Buddy has no notification of this.  He calls SOT who say they have no notification of the approval either.  ATF says buddy must request a copy of the approval letter.  My friend is not happy.  Does this happen often ?  Why does no one have an approval notification ?
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 11:48:15 AM EDT
[#1]
It happened to me/my customers four times in that time period.

Hasn't happened since.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't the SOT look it up on their side of things?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top